Wages request for player team

why are players asking for so much money that on their current contract when they are on the transfer list? i really cant buy a player as they ask for lets say 80k a week and would accept 50k yet they sign for worse team for 35k. doesnt make sense at all.

or just read one of the many other threads on it.

Remember there are tax considerations, and also players will demand less from teams they actually want to join.

That said, the instances in game when players do sign for other teams for less are not entirely limited to such scenarios, and SI should sort it out.

I can't see them doing anything that drastic to FM13 though, maybe next year.

Idiots a'plenty have been spouting off about ME issues, but it is announced changes to the Non-ME side of things that will decide whether or not I don't buy a new FM for the first time in ~14 years.

Ok for example sturridge on the chelsea squad been transfer listed for 2 seasons. he is on 35k a week i think...made a bid and he wants 90k a week. walcott wants a new challenge at arsenal and is not playing. he's on 55k a week and has been transfer listed he wants 110k a week. i mean seriously??

There's lot of examples on the forum.

I had one experience yesterday which gutted me.

Me: Title contender, playing in Champions League, higher reputation, bigger club, better in every way imaginable.

Them: Same league, midtable team, no Europe.

He's a 24 year old winger and his contract is expiring. He is interested, but he demands 500K p.a. I try to negotiate, but he is pretty stiff and it heads no way. He ends up signing a new contract with his current team. His wage? 250K p.a.

why are players asking for so much money that on their current contract when they are on the transfer list? i really cant buy a player as they ask for lets say 80k a week and would accept 50k yet they sign for worse team for 35k. doesnt make sense at all.

THIS. The players are asking crazy money, yet when they refused the contract he accepeted a lower contract from other team?

THIS. The players are asking crazy money, yet when they refused the contract he accepeted a lower contract from other team?

it doesnt make sense at all. you expect players taking wage cut to join sides they will get regular football not demand double wages.

or just read one of the many other threads on it.

Idiots a'plenty have been spouting off about ME issues, but it is announced changes to the Non-ME side of things that will decide whether or not I don't buy a new FM for the first time in ~14 years.

Does this mean that if you fail to buy FM14 that you will not be around in the forum anymore? :D

I had noticed a similar situation whereby my players wanted a shed load of money to extend their contract but would sign for someone for less (wanted what they thought they could get and if you dont stump up they would leave) but i had something quite interesting happen the other day....

One of my Centre Backs had been asking for stupidly high wages for ages and when Man City came along within 6 months of his contract ending i finally gave in and offered him the £150k he had been asking for. He accepted my offer in the negotiations and i thought it was all sorted only for him to agree terms with City instead.

It was only once he finally signed for them in the summer that i saw he had accepted wages of £300k a week giving him the highest wage in the world. 150k was the most i could afford and he basically wanted every penny i was able to stretch to and seemed happy once i gave in, he obviously did the same to City so it seems to me the players do the same to both AI controlled teams aswell as human controlled teams!!

I had noticed a similar situation whereby my players wanted a shed load of money to extend their contract but would sign for someone for less (wanted what they thought they could get and if you dont stump up they would leave) but i had something quite interesting happen the other day....

One of my Centre Backs had been asking for stupidly high wages for ages and when Man City came along within 6 months of his contract ending i finally gave in and offered him the £150k he had been asking for. He accepted my offer in the negotiations and i thought it was all sorted only for him to agree terms with City instead.

It was only once he finally signed for them in the summer that i saw he had accepted wages of £300k a week giving him the highest wage in the world. 150k was the most i could afford and he basically wanted every penny i was able to stretch to and seemed happy once i gave in, he obviously did the same to City so it seems to me the players do the same to both AI controlled teams aswell as human controlled teams!!

I think its different when the player is transfer listed. I have seen my players accept higher wages from other teams when contract is expiring but when you bid for a player on a 50k a week at a bigger club who is unhappy they should not ask for 110k a week. They are transfer listed because they are not happy and want first team football.

Archived