Board Expectations

I am managing AFC Wimbledon and I'm enjoying FM13 probably more than any other version. In 4 seasons I have gone from League 2 and have just arrived in the Premier League.

Last season in the Championship the minimum expectation was to stay clear of relegation. This season it's the same in the Premier League. There used to be an expectation of "battle bravely against relegation", which basically meant going down and not getting sacked.

The Premier League is such a huge jump that I'm concerned about losing my job, how much will my past achievements help me? At the end of this season we will be moving into a new 16,000 all seater stadium and I want to still be there!

I think that going down would not be the end of the world, the £58.8m TV money is like a lottery win for AFC Wimbledon and has enabled me to invest heavily in youth and facilities. Plus there would be parachute payments.

on fm 12 i got halifax town to the premier league.. got relegated with only 20 points, board stuck by me and bounced back straight away and then went on to win the premier league within the next 4 years and made it to two champions league finals... your board should give you the chance even if you get relegated

Archived