Are you freaking kidding me?!?

I think this year game is cursed or something, for me at least. Bought the game with higher expectation then ever, only to get my spirit crushed. Nope, it wasn't the match engine, it was the "can't get past july 2013" Christmas gift. Waited almost 3 weeks until they fixed and then continued playing like there's no tomorrow. And the much awaited match engine update came. Joy of joys, let's start another save, said to myself, and I did. Juve once again. Played some friendlies and realized that the new engine is better, clearly more accurate, son on. But, the it started, the INJURIES, the god damn injuries. Played 20 games or so, and in almost EVERY game( I kid you not) one, two, three, or even four of my players left the game earlier, or suddenly their fitness would go from 90 to 50. I realize that the injuries are a part of the game(in and out of real life) but come on guys, this is just sick. Rage quit, and start another save, SURPRISE, almost the same pattern, every game, every freaking game somebody pick a knock, and injury, or a sudden drop in fitness. So yeah, I think this game is cursed for me.

You realise there's a difference between a proper Injury - the sort that ends a player's game - a worrying Knock (that lovely green cross of impending doom) and someone spending a few minutes having a cry because they were tackled, right?

The first is unavoidable, but it's rare I see more than 2 per game. Also, some players are just babies and will be fine afterwards (reminder that Rugby Union players will have a dislocated joint popped back while they're standing on the touchline).

The second is also unavoidable, but the decision to let the player continue is in your hands. I'd say 50% of the time they finish the match just fine.

The third kind is equally unavoidable and merely reiterates the point that most football players are pathetic crybabies who wish football was a non-contact sport.

I think this year game is cursed or something, for me at least. Bought the game with higher expectation then ever, only to get my spirit crushed. Nope, it wasn't the match engine, it was the "can't get past july 2013" Christmas gift. Waited almost 3 weeks until they fixed and then continued playing like there's no tomorrow. And the much awaited match engine update came. Joy of joys, let's start another save, said to myself, and I did. Juve once again. Played some friendlies and realized that the new engine is better, clearly more accurate, son on. But, the it started, the INJURIES, the god damn injuries. Played 20 games or so, and in almost EVERY game( I kid you not) one, two, three, or even four of my players left the game earlier, or suddenly their fitness would go from 90 to 50. I realize that the injuries are a part of the game(in and out of real life) but come on guys, this is just sick. Rage quit, and start another save, SURPRISE, almost the same pattern, every game, every freaking game somebody pick a knock, and injury, or a sudden drop in fitness. So yeah, I think this game is cursed for me.

Regarding the injuries thing, I got the exact same thing (average of at least 3 forced injuries every single game, meaning I couldn't make any other subs - completely infuriating, as my Twitter followers found out :D ). It's calmed down a bit since the latest patch, though. For me it has, anyway.

Archived