Sports Interactive Community
oi_oi_ginger_roy

Letting the DOF handle contract renewals

How safe is it to allow my DOF to handle the contract renewals? - i really just want to concentrate on building the team and playing the games....but then i don't want him to send us in to debt and get me the old 'tin tack'

Fanks!

I can't comment DoF contracts, as I have never let him do it, but I would say I have yet to be convinced that it is possible in recent FMs to be sacked for financial reasons.

Of course you want to keep a healthy bank balance in any case, so your question is still entirely valid

I did once ask my board to buy a player (which I think would use the same AI logic) and although they paid £5 million (which was too much), they did keep him down to a 5kpw contract, which is exactly what he was on before. I fear however that instances of such frugality would be the minority though.

I offered a contract to a player, it was all done, and set DOF, to do contracts, next thing i know, DOF offers sameplayer a lesser contract, making the player leave on a bosman.

When it comes to purchasing players my DoF has always left me pleasantly surprised. Signing players for far less than I'd expect and on much lower contracts. He also picks out gems my scouting staff seem to miss, and as I have final say on all deals still it means any I don't like or don't agree with being necessary I can pull out of.

Haven't tried him with contracts as I like to control those myself, but other experience suggests it could be pretty effective.

I don't let my DoF do anything but negotiate with players that are coming in, this is only because I can see whta he has offered before I complete the signing. Other than that it is pretty much a waste of time.

I don't let my DoF do any but negotiate with players that are coming in, this is only because I can see whta he has offered before I complete the signing. Other than that it is pretty much a waste of time.
Not in my opinion, apart from the fact that other staff members can do the same jobs.

The unwanted and development list (apart from the loan fees bug) are one of the best recent additions to FM. I love them. Although yeh, if you don't have a DoF then another staff member runs them anyway

Does anyone know If i set a players contract to expire will the DOF honour this, or will he just offer him a new one regardless?

I think you need to select 'Set For Release' for him to not extend the contract.

Not in my opinion, apart from the fact that other staff members can do the same jobs.

The unwanted and development list (apart from the loan fees bug) are one of the best recent additions to FM. I love them. Although yeh, if you don't have a DoF then another staff member runs them anyway

Agreed, the unwanted and development lists are great additions to this game, as far as the DoF comes in, he does everything that your chairman can do for you. Although it does depend on whom you play as in many respects. I usually play as Tottenham and I have Daniel Levy, probably the best at buying at selling players in his position. However if you were at, Fulham perhaps, then you may fins one useful in my oppion.

i dont let my DoF do anything.

i have set my Youth Coach manager find youth players to buy and deal with.

he managed to find an 18 year old Regen at the start of the second season, from Australia. bought him for 2.6mill pounds and he's classed as a 5star potential. his current stats are already amazing.

I still reserve the right to have the final say though, if i feel the contract terms are not to my liking.

I don't have a DoF. I have a Head of Youth Development that handles youth intake contracts, but the DoF position has been vacant since my game started.

I set my dof to handle everything except I want the final say in who comes in.

A few times at my lower league club I've asked for a loan report on a position and then scouted said players and my did went to try and long the whole list! I keep canceling them and it turns out the only one who was better than what I already have didn't want to join me anyway. There's my dof telling the clubs they will be in the first team and they are no better than what I already have.

I tend to hand over responsibility for negotiating new contracts for my youth players to my DOF. When speaking in terms of youth players I want to give all those youths a chance in the club and I dont really have the time to negotiate each contract myself so I set it to the DOF. First team players though I would never give to the DOF as I want total control of the first team.