*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Match Engine v1339 Constructive Discussion & Feedback

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not seeing this atall thus far, defenders are really biting when they do tackle and seem much more proactive in all respects (heading, interceptions in particular)

That's me screwed then. :D I did wonder how my 'in your face' thug version of Stoke tactic was getting so few yellows/reds on FM13 up to now.

Still waiting for my carrier pigeon internet to deliver me this update, so wait out on anything constructive here as feedback..... :lol:

6 games - 1 single one-on-one situation. Through balls are non-existant. I don't expect all of them to be a success, but I'd like to see my players try them often, as that is what they have been ordered.

Extremely poor shots from middle range, good position. I mean ball played back from the byline to the penalty spot and the resulting shot is played very wide (high) or very slow. 90% of the time.

Still lots and lots of pointless long shots, although I have "forbidden" them.

+

Karl Henry looks like Karl Henry and not like Xavi. The general play is better.

I think you have somehow not updated your game.

Through balls are happening a lot now,long shots are toned down a lot,I have had 3 long shots in 2 matches in which I had combined 29 shots at goal.

still with the pointless kick off highlight, strikers seem to be scoring alot, still some poor throw ins

I've never got why people don't want to see the kick off? Surely it's the most natural starting point for highlights. I like it. And the random highlights at the whistle.

What a deal? If i set to short, they have to play it short.

There are a number of other factors to consider;

Is the short corner the best option?

Is there even a player offering short & is he unmarked?

Is the player taking the corner disciplined enough to listen to your instructions?

Have you set create freedom towards the high end & thus increased the chances of the taker doing something other than instructed?

I've never got why people don't want to see the kick off? Surely it's the most natural starting point for highlights. I like it. And the random highlights at the whistle.

The kick off I don't mind.

The 30 seconds to 1 minute 'highlight' before the end of the game when I am winning/losing 4-1 I could do without :p

Is the player taking the corner disciplined enough to listen to your instructions?

Have you set create freedom towards the high end & thus increased the chances of the taker doing something other than instructed?

There is always an UNMARKED player, left or right near to play short...The same tactic worked before 13.2xxx patch for months without any problems and they always played the short option, now never.

m1xbg6

http://img.im/i/m1xbg6

There is always an UNMARKED player, left or right near to play short...The same tactic worked before 13.2xxx patch for months without any problems and they always played the short option, now never.

Your link has smut all over it mate... Id suggest putting pic on another host

6 games - 1 single one-on-one situation. Through balls are non-existant. I don't expect all of them to be a success, but I'd like to see my players try them often, as that is what they have been ordered.

Extremely poor shots from middle range, good position. I mean ball played back from the byline to the penalty spot and the resulting shot is played very wide (high) or very slow. 90% of the time.

Still lots and lots of pointless long shots, although I have "forbidden" them.

+

Karl Henry looks like Karl Henry and not like Xavi. The general play is better.

I've seen plenty of through-balls, sadly many of them in-behind my plodding Sunderland defenders :(

My early impressions of the updated ME is that it is a big improvement and the major problems seem to have been fixed. Well done to PaulC and the team :)

The game has improved but the fundamentals are still flawed. The problem is decisions and compusure. Players make insanely stupid decisions consistently. This is not realistic, there is a pattern to it. They often wait to get tackled or they run straigt into defenders which often results in deadly counters. It seems that players often inexplicably slow down when they receive the ball to let the rest of the team catch up with them even if the can go into space and one on one with the keeper. Pass selection is often stupid. Throw in bug still there (seriously SI, is it impossible to fix it or what??) Still a lot of dumb long shots, especially by weaker foot!! Close range shooting is horrible, especially headers - they almost always hit the woodwork. Dribbling and cutting inside is overpowered, even average players take on multiple defenders and beat them. Central midfielders are stupid.

Overall, the game is playable and I am content after all the rubbish I ve benn through with this years ME but Iam still dissapointed. The games just dont feel good, it seems that players are often completely clueless about their surroundings etc. Iam really curious what will the next years ME look like as Iam skeptical.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm a little confused. I've downloaded the most recent patch (13.2.3) and after restarting steam I click on 'new career game' and it only gives me the option of the default database (13.0.0). Without starting a game I click back into preferences and it says in the header 'football manager 2013 version 13.2.3'. Is this right? has the new update taken affect?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm a little confused. I've downloaded the most recent patch (13.2.3) and after restarting steam I click on 'new career game' and it only gives me the option of the default database (13.0.0). Without starting a game I click back into preferences and it says in the header 'football manager 2013 version 13.2.3'. Is this right? has the new update taken affect?

Yes, the database hasn't changed.

Goalkeepers still suck and they will require another update.

Rushing out, then forgetting what he was going for,completely ridiculous and sort of inexcusable at this point:

[video=youtube;U2oLOFUXvS0]

On another note, a beautiful over the top through ball.

Haha you've made me laugh as usual it's no his TACTICS, short corners don't work simples, I have it set to short corners, I have a players sitting right next to corner taker with no one around him have done for half a season now with new match engine not one single short corner!!

Also too many times my players thru on goal and hits the post needs toning down ( nothing to do with tactics) defenders still not challenging for long balls pumped up to opposition strikers they just let them take the ball down and turn (nothing to do with tactics) I have them on man mark and tight, apart from that everything else I had an issue with is fixed and its been a good job Paul c has done I just hope they can tweak a few things more. Cheers a very good update :)

They were fair questions, we've just had an ME update so what previously worked may have been coded out of the game & his screenshot detailing the instructions does suggest that an exploit, whether intended or not, may have been used.

Personally I've not had a problem with short corners however I only use them late on in games when I'm holding a lead & want to kill the play.

They were fair questions, we've just had an ME update so what previously worked may have been coded out of the game & his screenshot detailing the instructions does suggest that an exploit, whether intended or not, may have been used.

Personally I've not had a problem with short corners however I only use them late on in games when I'm holding a lead & want to kill the play.

No exploit.

• SI Staff
So any words aboout it from SI or we going to play a silent game and I have to buy FM14 to see this fixed?

Throw ins are bugged too

http://img.im/i/ptlv79

I replayed the match about 6 times I saw this 2 times, one time on my side, one time on ATM side...

It isn't something that was raised in testing as far as I am aware.

We have no plans for another ME update; the ME team's attention is now fully on FM2014.

What are you trying to show with the image?

Posting an uploaded highlight link might be a better option.

Looks like a bugged graphical representation of the ME, so the throw in itself might be OK, but the way in which it shows in 3D looks freaky.

There was a similar issue with keepers appearing to catch the ball behind the touchline a build or two ago.

We have no plans for another ME update; the ME team's attention is now fully on FM2014.

So we paid for a full product, we received a beta and we ended up with an only partially finished product as well?

Good thing to know that I'm stuck with lobotomized goalkeepers. Really appreciated. FM14 better be a master-piece where you actually work on the existing features instead of adding more half-finished ones.

Anyone else enjoying the missed tackles?

I always thought there was not enough of this,with defenders it always seemed to go 1 of 2 ways,either they would run alongside a player or stand there and not tackle or indeed they tackled and won the ball.

I am seeing quite a few times the player trying to tackle but mistime it and the other player keeps going,very realistic and something I am happy to see.

I am not sure why some people are saying the throw-ins are still not good,for me this was fixed before this patch,when the game first released throw-ins were a nightmare and they always went to the opposing player,since it got patched earlier I see it happen very little and pretty much in tone with real life.

Started a new game & still in the pre-season, so too early to post full feedback yet. My first impressions, though, are that the game plays out A LOT more like a real football match compared to the last patch, so it would appear a definite step in the right direction.

Will post more feedback further into the season, but thought I'd post this amusing goal that just happened. Even though I was the scorer, I hope goals like these are a rarity!!

[video=youtube;lfhqJlJ5oDI]

It was actually meant to be a through ball to Bale on the other flank. Not sure what I should be more surprised about - that Lennon's passing accuracy was so awful or that the ball went into the net!!

Had a similar goal happen the match before, with Naughton doing something similar on the other flank trying to find Defoe with a pass/cross. That one was disallowed though, as the referee adjudged Defoe to have pushed the central defender :p

Good thing to know that I'm stuck with lobotomized goalkeepers. QUOTE]

My keeper keeps getting MOM since the update (3 times in 11 matches) he looks really good in 3D too so I'd at least give it some game time before rushing to a conclusion.

There might be things you can do to improve him, though mine's on default settings.

Really

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339132-First-match-after-the-13.2-patch-and-I-am-almost-done-with-the-game...

I showed bugged throw ins here, David Siddall has added it to an EXISTING ISSUE.

About bugged short corners, there was a one thread about it in the bug forum, where someone posted about it, then some moderator came there and told, that he has no problem with it, I posted too and said that you can use my save which I uploaded, if you dont believe...But somehow, I dont see that thread now and my post too, looks like it got deleted, strange.

Dont tell that anyone of your testers do not use short corners.

Looks like a bugged graphical representation of the ME, so the throw in itself might be OK, but the way in which it shows in 3D looks freaky.

There was a similar issue with keepers appearing to catch the ball behind the touchline a build or two ago.

no graphical bug, Atletico Madrid player just sent a ball exactly to my Di Maria via throw in.

Job well done guys. Fb and winger marking looks much improved, as is the weight of the passes. Seeing appropriate runs by forwards as well. Most importantly, my gk did not do something so insanely stupid as to want me to have him Baker Acted and thrown in an asylum over 12 game sample. Thank you

Archived