*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Match Engine v1339 Constructive Discussion & Feedback

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not for an entire league though...I had to register for the first time in the forums just so that I get the chance to report his.

extremesportsel.jpg

And that's right after many injuries went off. I had 5 myself. The team that has 12 had 14 a week ago. Most of the teams had at least +1.

And I thought FM11 and FM12 were the ones that got called for having a high amount of injuries. :eek:

That is about right for a league overall? FM includes reserves, youth teams and those 2-3 day injuries that IRL aren't reported. Definitely nothing in that table that shows a problem, real life teams have double figures for the first team alone sometimes.

That is about right for a league overall? FM includes reserves, youth teams and those 2-3 day injuries that IRL aren't reported. Definitely nothing in that table that shows a problem, real life teams have double figures for the first team alone sometimes.

Well,I beg to differ on that opinion, but each to their own I guess.

Youth injuries do not show up by the way, only reserves, from what I've noticed at least and I double checked just now as well.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Apart from the team with 12 the list you posted doesn't appear to be much different to the real life Premier league (official) injury list.

If anything the injury modelling in FM isn't harsh enough as the game is incapable of replicating recurring injury types with an great level of realism & you never have a player who carries on despite carrying a slight niggle or strain that will be treated in the summer.

Every update brings cries of injuries are wrong, fact is they're about right but there are always going to be saves where they are hefty for periods.

After an ME update of this magnitude I'd be surprised if existing conditions in some saves don't help trigger a crisis.

I've started a new save and injuries thus far are on the low side.

Do the players in that league have the same level of core fitness as a Premier League player? We could go round in circles all day long though.

Natural fitness and injury proneness is not tied with league level. They have lower strength and stamina, but all of them are around the same level between them.

You do realise that the match engine code cannot distinguish between AI & human controlled teams?

Oooooooook if you say so, it's my tactics yet? Haha give it a rest and don't reply to my comments please I've gave my constructive criticism, I thought the ME update was ok but now it's so bad, half my defence go and try to tackle one player ha but it's my tactics maybe giving the players some common sence would be good ha anyway that's my enjoyment is now ruined cheers will now not play it was really enjoying the pre update ME even though the flaws were annoying but now I wish I could go back :-(

But if the Premier is a much more valid data, right now they have:

Average of 4.15 injuries per team.

Maximum of 8, minimum of 1. 3 teams have 8, only 1 has a single player injured.

This number is after 1 premier and 2 reserve matches.

I personally still find that number kind of high for 3 matches+5 pre-season friendlies. So, taking in account that many short term injuries would have been remedied by now and that many injuries will get shaken off after the match as well, we are talking about a minimum of 0.5 to up to 1 injuries per match.

Oooooooook if you say so, it's my tactics yet? Haha give it a rest and don't reply to my comments please I've gave my constructive criticism, I thought the ME update was ok but now it's so bad, half my defence go and try to tackle one player ha but it's my tactics maybe giving the players some common sence would be good ha anyway that's my enjoyment is now ruined cheers will now not play it was really enjoying the pre update ME even though the flaws were annoying but now I wish I could go back :-(
I'll reply to your comments instead then. The ME doesn't know the difference between AI and human. Anything the AI team can do, you can set your team up to to do too.

Every update brings cries of injuries are wrong, fact is they're about right but there are always going to be saves where they are hefty for periods.

After an ME update of this magnitude I'd be surprised if existing conditions in some saves don't help trigger a crisis.

I've started a new save and injuries thus far are on the low side.

I haven't had many injuries either to be honest. If anything, I'd say all I have noticed is a few more penalties awarded, but nothing major

1323h.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my quick 13.2.3 experience on this save.

13 matches, 4 red cards, while I had no red cards for the past 10 months. 7 in-match injuries, not mentioning the players whose fitness magically dropped to 60% after playing for about 30mins and me having to take them off before they get injured. Only to find some of them are actually injured after the match...

And penalties in my own box... almost every other match.

Thanks, but no thanks. I would really appreciate a link for the 13.2.2 version of the "fm.exe", so I can actually play/enjoy the game and stay away from any future updates.

Thanks in advance!

i must admit the new match engine is not with out faults but its far superior to the previous engine.

At last im seeing good goals from out wide for strikers getting a jump on their cbs

[video=youtube;RbE6PQ_h0f8]

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has already been covered but, will the new fixes in the ME take effect in my current save? or will i need to start a new save to feel and see the benefit of the changes??

Thanks in advance Guys!!

You will be fine to continue your save, the me changes will take effect.

I'm suprised to see people still going about issues with through balls, through balls happenened in the last update. You have to create the space for them to happen. It does not matter how creative a player is there has to be a opportunity for a final ball.

Update Is much better. My only gripe is that there seems to be a lot of penaltys!! Still managed to have my first invincible season since fm 07 so I'm happy, even if my last 4 league games since the update were draws and all my forwards coincidently and suddenly went on goal droughts. Mmmm :-s

Match engine seems much better to me, the football looks fantastic at times.

Haven't read through all of the comments on this yet, but is anyone else having an issue with red cards? None all season (22 games in), then the game updated and now I have had 3 in my last four matches. The players didn't have hard tackling as an instruction and the aggression levels have varied.

A few people have brought up the number of red cards, it's not something that I'm suffering from & I have actually logged a bug where one of my players should have been sent off yet somehow didn't even get booked.

I'm wondering if there is a possibly a balance issue that results in one style producing choirboy football & another something more akin to a lower league hackfest.

Match engine seems much better to me, the football looks fantastic at times.

Haven't read through all of the comments on this yet, but is anyone else having an issue with red cards? None all season (22 games in), then the game updated and now I have had 3 in my last four matches. The players didn't have hard tackling as an instruction and the aggression levels have varied.

Gone completely the other way with me, I continued a previous save (Argentina Prem) and was getting a ridiculous 1 yellow card per game (for both teams) with no reds atall.

Started my new career save now so I'd hope it'll be realistic.

Two things I have picked up. At times when a player is at the byline usually inside the penalty area he tries to buy a corner off the defender a little to often, usually resulting in a quick counter attack for the opposition!!!

Second thing. I did an experiment with a 4-2-3-1 and attacking midfielders don't track back, especially the wide AML and AMR. Seems to have been this way since 2012.

I've played 10 games so far and I haven't gotten one red card. I do however notice the players being more aggressive in their tackling. And at the same time, when one of my players are in danger of a red card i set their tackling to easy or sub them. I really do not see any problem here.

He just timed the run badly. That's football. It does look like there is a missing animation that would show him trying to adjust, but you lost because of the great through ball, not a GK bug.

How come the animation looks so bad? Seems to be worse than previous FM's for sure

This forum is mental.

'Theres not enough through balls'

'I give up.... There's through balls!'

Just mental.

It ain't perfect but I'm not seeing any major game breaking problems. My team plays through balls. The other team plays through balls. Some work, some don't. Not too many red cards. Not too many injuries. Stupid amount of runs is cut down. Defenders can defend. My goalkeeper isn't mental, nor are any of the ones I've come up against. Some players have bad games. Some have great games.

Well done to PaulC & team. This is the closest an FM ME has got to real football yet. It's a shame that there won't be further work on this one but hopefully things will move even closer to excellent for 14.

1323h.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my quick 13.2.3 experience on this save.

13 matches, 4 red cards, while I had no red cards for the past 10 months. 7 in-match injuries, not mentioning the players whose fitness magically dropped to 60% after playing for about 30mins and me having to take them off before they get injured. Only to find some of them are actually injured after the match...

And penalties in my own box... almost every other match.

Thanks, but no thanks. I would really appreciate a link for the 13.2.2 version of the "fm.exe", so I can actually play/enjoy the game and stay away from any future updates.

Thanks in advance!

Talking about injuries, that's EXACTLY what's been happening to me. Every match I have at least one player whose fitness dropped, and one that's really injured.

And I couldn't find anything saying that something about it was changed... but it really was.

Talking about injuries, that's EXACTLY what's been happening to me. Every match I have at least one player whose fitness dropped, and one that's really injured.

And I couldn't find anything saying that something about it was changed... but it really was.

Injuries haven't been changed, but of course the many changes that have been made can lead to changes in injuries.

I'm not seeing anything abnormal in the brand new save I've started but if you have specific figures indicating a problem or illogical in match injury situations please post in the bugs forum with the evidence and PKM's if appropriate.

I have a hard time grasping the "not enough Through Balls". If any of these people actually did some research they would be able to see that the reality of the the through ball is a lot more scarce then they would imagine.

Sorry to be the one to rain on that parade...

As it stands now, I reckon there are far too many through balls in the game for my liking. My non league side in the premiership are now the "harlem globetrotters" of football, I could edit together an mov of all my goals right now and 60% of all my goals comes from some killer through ball from defense or a ripping ball through the middle. Threading a pass through an eye of a needle should be a lot harder than it is currently in the me. Please don't take my word for it, I'd probably get lynched by the mob

Has anyone else noticed that some black players become white in 3d mode whilst in the shade? Just played a match vs Arsenal at the Emirates on a bright sunny day, I have 4 black players in my starting 11 and 3 of them were white whenever they were in the shade but when they were in the sun they were restored to being black! :rolleyes:

Like I said, has anyone else witnessed this?

Half way through season one in my save created after the updates,(Argentina Div2) 3 current injuries, the worst I've had is 6 (for a very short time)

My 21 yr old keeper has yet to make a mistake leading to a goal and is averaging 6.98.

Averaging .9 yellow cards per game with no reds, that seems far too low.

Had just one penalty and conceded 2.

Right then, let's see.

(NOTE: I have not started a new save game)

I like the overall feel of the new ME. Some aspects needs improving, but now it just feels better after playing about 20-25 games.

It seems that player strengths and weaknesses are more enhanced now. For instance, Kuba on Bor Dor just outsprinted Rio Ferdinand, exploiting a poor back-pass.

The negatives are quite annoying. I know that a lot of conceded goals come from errors, be it huge or small. For instance, we all know that conceding goals from set pieces often happen when a defender (Agger, Evans, Kompany, Koscielny etc) makes a bad clearance. In this game a defender like Hummels can be crushed in the air by a player like Sebastian Tyrala (1.71cm) on a corner. Of course, this too can happen given the right circumstance, but it happens too often in game to call it realistic.

We also still have the old goalkick thing, or the delivery from the GK that gets headed from an opposing wee-little-man midfielder directly onto the foot of the striker who easily can score alone against said GK. Things like that.

It's still a huge step in the right direction imo. I'm not one of those who thinks that FM is one of the best games out there, for that it has too many flaws, but it's still heaps better than other footie games, incl FIFAXX and stuff like that.

Does rating even mean anything anymore? My GK conceding 2 goals, 1 of which he should be ashamed of for the rest of his career, and he ends up having a rating of 7.0. That doesn't seem right, he had an absolutely awful game and the only reason he didn't concede more was because the rest of the shots missed. The only time that he managed to catch the ball on the whole match was when he was placing it for his goal kicks.

Does rating even mean anything anymore? My GK conceding 2 goals, 1 of which he should be ashamed of for the rest of his career, and he ends up having a rating of 7.0. That doesn't seem right, he had an absolutely awful game and the only reason he didn't concede more was because the rest of the shots missed. The only time that he managed to catch the ball on the whole match was when he was placing it for his goal kicks.

I've had the same here. My two CDs both made horrendous mistakes during an away game and both times we conceded. Lost the game 2-0 and they still finished at 7.0 and 6.8. Same with my GK, Weidenfeller. He is the mayor of Joke City, true, but he still should be punished on the ratings.

Have to agree ratings needs an overhaul, keepers have never been rated properly imo, of course I don't actually know if said ratings are supposed to represent a pundits opinion (if so enough said:D) or if they're meant to be useful and factual numbers provided by the game.

We also still have the old goalkick thing, or the delivery from the GK that gets headed from an opposing wee-little-man midfielder directly onto the foot of the striker who easily can score alone against said GK. Things like that..

Keeper distribution short is working properly for me at last so this one is now barely an issue provided I stick to that.

Keeper distribution short is working properly for me at last so this one is now barely an issue provided I stick to that.

Actually my bad, I haven't tried that one yet on this build. Regardless, goal kicks are goal kicks, I've never in my adult life seen a goal conceded like that before in top flight football (at least not that I can remember).

For the third time since the patch, just saw a straight red where two players went up for a header and one of them gets sent off for violent conduct.

It's definitely an issue, based on how many people are posting about it and just the frequency I'm seeing it. This was the 2nd competitive match in a new save.

For the third time since the patch, just saw a straight red where two players went up for a header and one of them gets sent off for violent conduct.

It's definitely an issue, based on how many people are posting about it and just the frequency I'm seeing it. This was the 2nd competitive match in a new save.

Can you do a bug report and upload the PKM please, ta.

Actually my bad, I haven't tried that one yet on this build. Regardless, goal kicks are goal kicks, I've never in my adult life seen a goal conceded like that before in top flight football (at least not that I can remember).

I can think of a couple, but I've been watching football for the best part of 60 years :D

Can you do a bug report and upload the PKM please, ta.

I didn't mean 3 times in 2 games, sorry if I wasn't clear. It's more like 3 times in 10-15 games. It's been across different saves.

I didn't save the game after this one, unfortunately, but the next time it happens, I will. Or if I see another round of several over 10 games.

I do think I'm seeing it less than people who have alot of hard tackling though.

Archived