Resources, Websites & Blogs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
A lot of the tactic stuff on there is very inaccurate so seems pointless promoting something that's wrong and will give users the wrong idea about things.

God, you're joking. I'm living on there in an attempt to learn...

Shame

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've recently buyed some great football books on Amazon (ebook versions) and I would like to share them with you. They're great for those, like me, that like to expand their knowledge on tactics and football in general. And all of them in a good price. So I've buyed:

- Louis Van Gall The Biography (Maarten Meijer). Authorized biography of one of the greatest managers in all time imo;

- El Modelo de Juego del FC Bayern Múnich 12-13 (Pedro Mendonça). He explains in a huge detail how they played and how to operationalize this in the attacking phase. This is the spanish version. I don't know if there's any other version of this;

- Universality. The Blueprint for soccer's new era. (Matthew Whitehouse). One book that talks about the evolution of football in recent years;

- Mi Arbol de Navidad, Carlo Ancelotti. (Ancelotti and Giorgio Cioschini). Ancelotti tells in the 1st person how he planned seasons, game plans and tactics for some matches in his career. A book that is changing my image of him;

- Capello: Portrait of a Winner (Gabriele Marcotti). The biography of another great manager and a "teacher" to me;

- Pressing (Massimo Lucchesi). All you need to know about pressing;

- Carlo Ancelotti. The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius (Himself and Alessandro Alciato). Ancelotti's autobiography

This is my contribution for this part of the site. If someone knows good ebook about Trapattoni career and defensive tactics please do let me know. I'm struggling to find good ones.

I'm planning to recreate some of this stuff in FM. Maybe with specific stories.

Cheers

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Anaconda Vice said:

Inverting the Pyramid worth a read?

Yeah but don't take is at gospel like some do. While its a good read its only one mans version of events and a lot of top coaches and managers don't share the same views as the book portraits. It's still a good read though.

Really enjoyed Inverting the Pyramid, quite probably the best book on football I've read (but then again I like tactics). Unfortunately not all of Jonathan Wilson's books are at that level. His Eastern Europe book is good, but I struggled to finish the one about goalkeepers.

• 2 months later...

Archived