Whats your best win? or even your worst

sorry if this is a repeat thread, i had to tell someone, had to post this.

Just played a game in the champions league against Anderlecht as CSKA Moscow and won 10-1, which is amazing, or atleast for me, though i did previously beat partizan 7-0 away and valencia 5-1 at home. But 10-1 has got to be something special. my team isn't full of superstar, though i have very good players 2 world class regen defender but most of my players are young lads with dzagoev and doumbia being my main top players.

Beating Barcelona 3-1 to retain the Champions League, with a Sunderland team made up almost entirely of academy products.

Not only did we beat them, we beat them comprehensively and were well worth our 3-1 win (if anything it flattered them a little). 9 shots on target, 55% possession and an average rating of 7.56.

Playing as Almería in Spain, got drawn against Man City in the Europa League 2nd knockout round. First leg at the Etihad, got smashed 6-1. Oh well I thought, that's over then.

Second leg at home I send out a bunch of rotation players because I know I'm going to get dicked again and I don't want to destroy my first eleven's morale.

Win 5-0.

This is going back a very long time, but on the CM2 German League edition, I was playing as Bayern and beat a lower league team 17-0 in the cup!

Also got a 9-1 win over Real Madrid as Arsenal (single match rather than aggregate over 2 legs) a few years back (maybe FM07).

Playing as Sheffield FC on FM12, have got them promoted to League 2. A couple of weeks ago we reached the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final vs Leyton Orient who are in League 1. 2-0 down after 20 minutes, I'm already resigned to a heavy defeat, but out of the blue we pull one back just before half time. We dominate the 2nd half and get a deserved equaliser with 10 minutes to go. We start extra time well only to fall behind again in the 95th minute. I go all out attack and we get another equaliser in the 119th minute.

If that wasn't enough drama, penalties seemed to go almost exactly like the match. They go first and we both score our first pens. Then they score and we miss the next two, so we're 3-1 down and their next pen wins it if they score. It's smashed over the bar and we're still in it. Of course, if we miss next, they win, but it goes it in and it's 3-2. As before, if they score the 5th and final penalty they win. Straight down the middle, my keeper saves it with his legs. We need to score to stay in it again, we do, it's 3-3. Their next pen hits the bar and suddenly we've got a chance to win it. Up steps my 19 year old central midfielder who's worth £2,000, he smashes it into the top corner, we've won the cup and the miraculous double comeback is complete!

in FM12 as Man Utd, was down 1-4 to Chelsea on half time, to win 5-4.

Also, FM12 as Santa Clara, beating Full-Squad-Man Utd to qualify for Champions top 16 for the first time in Santa Clara's history.

but my best was beating Liverpool in FM13 with Man Utd (8-0).

My best (but not biggest) in FM13 was probably my last match - 3 games to go and locked in a 3-horse race for the title. Man Utd on 76 points, me on 75 and Man City on 72. City beat Utd the previous week and now I'm home to City. In my 6 previous meetings with them I'd picked up just 2 draws and 4 defeats. Utd are held to a draw meaning a win will send me top with 2 games to go.

After dominating early, Tevez scores and I get that "here we go again" feeling. But then Jovetic turns up to the party, smashing a 10 minute hattrick to give me a half-time lead. City get one back before Jovetic strikes again and Gerrard comes off the bench to wrap up a convincing 5-2 win and, more importantly, send me to the top.

Sunderland at home should be easy enough, then a trip across Stanley Park where the title will be decided....so my best game may be eclipsed very soon or it will shortly be followed by my worst game.

Just hired as Cheltenham manager in the 2014/15 season. They're in league 2 with an expectation of mid-table finish. I get drawn into the Capital One Cup against Oxford who I beat noly to get Blackburn (a Championship side at the time) in the next round.

Game starts off as expected with them scoring with their first chance and then another goal soon after. 2-0 down but we hold on until the 45th minute when we get a goal from my defender who I signed just to score headers from corners. Give the usual H/T speech and the second half begins and within a 2 minutes we are level.

Blackburn pile on the pressure but players are throwing themselves in the way of every shot. 79th minute and a bad tackle gets my defender sent off. Okay, I think, I'll just sub my lone striker and play for the draw.

90th minute they pull a shot but my keeper is equal to it. He immediately sends the ball to me left back who then hoofs the ball up where my CM (a backup that I just decided to play as he needed match time) latches onto it and makes a run from the half way line with only two defenders to get past. He somehow manages to get into the box and rifles a shot into the corner which sends the crowd and myself into a stupor.

Best win ever for me.

Beating Stoke City 8-1 in the FA Cup Final or beating Man City 10-2 in the league both with Sunderland and both way in the distant FM future.

Other than that I beat Sao Paulo 4-3 with Auckland City, that was pretty damn good.

My best result so far was beating Man Utd in the FA Cup in the 2015/16 season with Newcastle 1 nil.

But my biggest win that really boosted morale is in this season 2016/17 played against Cardiff City and barely scrapped by with a 3-2 on 31 Dec 2016, with a match against an Arsenal team unbeaten in their last 6, playing them on 2 Jan 2017 so only 1 day of rest. I had to rotate the whole squad for the Arsenal match and we went on to win 6-2 totally dominating them with my newgen striker bagging 5 goals and 1 assist to get a 10.00 rating. Was really impressed and elated with the result and my player I almost "jizzed in my pants":D

Beat Chelsea 6-0 at home with Newcastle in the first season (no signings). Ba got 4 before Cabaye and Santon chipped in.

Probably more memorable though was a 1-0 win over AC Milan with Belchatow (mid-table Polish team who only qualified for Europa League through winning the Polish Cup).

I've had a few on FM13, all in the same save, and a few from FM12...

FM13

1) Beating a Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres inspired Chivas in the NACL Final with LA Galaxy. In the first leg, they beat us 2-0, and it looked like when we returned to LA, we would just be going through the motions. However, after ten minutes in the second leg, we were 2-0 up. I dared to dream, but five minutes later they got an away goal back. Massive favourites now, and we would need 2 goals to stop them. On the stroke of half time we got one of them, and then after a goalmouth scramble, we poked in our 4th. Ahead in the tie for the first time, and we just needed to hold on. One goal would change everything. Then, in the 80th minute, Torres unleashed a brutal shot from forty yards. My keeper backtracked and could only parry it onto the bar and away. It fell right into the feet of Fierro who put it away easily. They celebrated, I went to get the pills, but....offside. They had three players booked in the melee of complaint, and we hung on for the title. I looked at that disallowed goal from all of the ME's available camera angles after the game, and the most honest thing I could say was that it was "probably" the right call. It was just so marginal, and probably the finest example I've had of FM mirroring this part of real life. I would have been apopleptic if it was us, but to win the CL on that kind of event? It felt gooood...

2) Beating a Lekhiwa side with Central Coast Mariners in the final of the Asian Champions league. A year previously, they followed up a 0-0 draw in the first leg of our quarter final with a 9-0 drubbing, sending us home with our tail well and truly between our legs. Fast forward to that final, and we dispatched them with a comfortable 3-1 win. Very satisfying.

3) Beating Brazil 1-0 with Scotland in the 2017 Confederations Cup on the way to winning the whole thing. Not a classic by any means, but beating a full strength Brazil was pleasing to say the least.

FM12

The one that really sticks in my mind was a Copa Libertadores final with Santos (I think it was against Flamengo). We were two down with just minutes to go, and managed to somehow pull a goal back. The minutes ticked down and we found ourselves in hail mary territory. Neymar charged forward and then cut inside, unleashing a poor shot straight at the keeper. It should have been caught and held and fired up the field so the referee could blow his whistle. It should have been, but instead he could only parry it out towards the onrushing Ganso (reaching the twilight of his career). And he absolutely smashed it home with the last kick of the game. I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal as emphatically as I did that one. Unbelievable scenes.

I lost a first leg Champions league qualifier to Lyon in FM11 4-0 at my home at Elland Road (I was leeds)

The replay fixture, I was winning 5-3 in the 87th minute and scored twice to go on to win the tie 7-7 on Away goals. That was epic, I kind wish I had a recording. (Considering I was 3-1 down after 15 mins.)

I've had a few in my time on Football Manager, along with beating crewe alexandra 12-0 in the carling cup, although I was Manchester United at the time.

However, by far my best was the 10-1 as Doncaster against someone in an online clan game. I think he was Cardiff City at the time and the fact it was against a Human Player makes it much more special than beating some lower league team in a micky mouse cup :D

Just had my best I think. FA Cup 5th Round Replay, my West Ham away at top of the table Man United in 2015. In 12 League games at home they are unbeaten and only conceded 3 goals so when Van Persie put them one up I wasn't feeling confident. With 10 mins to go I abandoned my 4-2-3-1 deep to go attacking 4-4-2 which is just my 4-4-1-1 with the AM walloped into attack. In the 86th minute Tom Ince crossed and Belfodil slotted in at the back post. Was going to play for extra time but had not enough midfielders left on the pitch to go back to 4-3-2-1 so stuck with it. In the 92nd minute Tom Ince picks it up on the left cuts inside and hammers a low drive into the bottom left hand corner. Bit nervy for the last minute but two shots on goal, a 2-1 win. Lovely jubbly!!!!

Most people seem to be posting good results on here, well I have a REALbad one for you guys, FC Twente 12-0 Newcastle Utd. Even though I had just beaten Man City in the 5th round of the FA Cup, I got SMASHED by FC Twente in the Europa League, and what makes it even worse, I played the same starting 11... That's why love this game!

I clocked up a 4-1 Champions League final win against Barcelona when I was managing Arsenal on FM10. It wasn't in the Nou Camp, but the Bernabeu so I'm sure they would have hated that as they would have loved to win the trophy there :)

Best win this week anyway was in the Champions League Final.

I am Sunderland vying to win it multiple times against a PSG side full of french talent.

I have had a very bad end of season with no less than 8 players out for the last 4 weeks and have had to resort to 16 years olds (rated as div1 potential premier lge) and lower reserve players.

Anyway i ended up TOTALLY dominating them and won 3-1 comfortably with the MoM my 16 yo :)....not bad for a kid on 55 quid per week, gets his first game of the season and it`s a champions lge final, scores and gets MoM.....can the dream get any bigger!

just had an awesome comeback in the CL quarter final. As cska moscow 2nd leg at home loosing 2-0 to arsenal, and then arsenal score early on, so i think game over so who cares i go all attack and have work into box. won the game 4-1 all goals scored in the second half.

Oh i also only had 3 fit defenders

On any FM, it would be either winning the Milan derby 3-2 with nine men by scoring twice in injury time (FM05), or winning the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona on away goals, losing the away leg 5-1 but winning 4-0 at home (CM97-98).

Current version is probably this one. After struggling to build a decent side for several seasons, I decided to combine some exciting young signings with the best of my Sochaux side's existing youngsters (and a couple of wise old heads to steady the ship). This sort of approach can be a little unpredictable, but has generally led to good results, and everything spectacularly fell into place on a European night in Belgium:

GenkvFCSochaux-Montbeacute_OverviewOverview_zps8ff51ab5.png

Has to be last night Played Celtic at Celtic Park in the Champions league Quarter final With man u. 0-0 after the first leg and with an injury crisis had to play a few reserves there were about 3 chances each in the game and I scrapped a 1-0 win with the the last kick of the game. Was tedious though.

Archived