Have fullbacks improved in 2013?

Thinking about buying 2013, but not wanting to give up my 2012 save for a frustrating game.

My biggest gripe in 2012 (and 2011 and 2010) tactically is the overall play of fullbacks, which is atrocious at best. Just want to get a sense of whether the community generally thinks fullback play has significantly improved or not. So...what do you think?

Thanks

No, IMO they have not improved, especially in 13.2.2 (the latest update). Almost everyone, especially the wingers, can dribble on the flanks like Messi and your fullbacks are completely useless. They just stand there and watch the winger dribbling until he faces your GK and scores (or off the woodwork).

I've given up on the fullbacks, as they are uterly useless. Switched to a 3 DC system and accepted that goals coming from crosses are somewhat undefendable. The stupidity of the fact is that even if your centre-backs are tall,good at jumping,heading,marking,positioning they are still unable to defend the opposition player.

In FM12 fullbacks were awesome, so much so that you didn't need wingers. I played a 4-1-2-1-2 system and set my DR and DL to wing back roles and they were extremely solid in defence and provided extra bodies in attack.

They didn't get many goals or assists so the player ratings weren't really high (they averaged about 7.2) but they were crucial to making everything work.

And this joke isn't funny at all. It's over one month I can't play FM, because of this ME. We're still waiting for the update... I really doubt that there will be any ME update before traditional march patch.

ME is terrible. It's the first time in 10 years I didn't play the game whole month....I doubt they will fix it with update, they are posponing it because they can't control this engine. Every time they try to fix it 10 new problems appear, thats why there is match v. 1326 - 1333. They just don't want to admit that this year new ME is one big mistake...€50 is too much for this , it's the last time I give my money to SI ...

Archived