My keeper is away on international duty for Mexico and i have no gk for the CL Final

This still exists?

The notion that any player would miss a CL final for an international fixture is madness (particularly with other players injured), and should probably be logged in the bugs forum.

I probably would. Country before club is still an attitude that some possess.

Not nasty specimens like Rooney, of course, but I digress..

I remember one year playing whatever that Cup is when you have the Champions League winner play the Euro Cup Winner, and most of my starting roster was away on international duty. I had to play it mostly with youth players.

Unless your keeper is away to play in a make or break to see if his country will make the World Cup, I simply can't imagine this happening in real life. Even then it's doubtful. Stupid bug should have been fixed long ago.

But surely dont they keep the date clear of international matches for matches like this when arranging them or the CL match should be rearranged if there are players away on international duty the same as league matches

you should also surely be able to ask the country he plays for to release him for this fixture

Only time ive has this happen on this version i had an 18 year old striker on 9 apperences going into the last league game and i was about to win the title he disappeared for international duty and missed out on his league medal the only player outside of my backup keeper to do so

I've moaned about this for years. I've heard every excuse going for why it happens or dross excuses from various here, but fact is no player would ever miss a European Final for intl call ups.

If SI have still not gripped it, then that's crap, but not surprising. :(

In my first season in the Championship I lost my best player and CB and my AMC who had scored 16 goals and set up 20 to internationals on the day of the play-off final.

While nowhere near as big as the CL final it is still a huge match,with my AMC it was an under 20's or under 19's international and I had no choice to pull him out.

Quite incredible to lose my 2 best players on the biggest game in our teams history,we went on to lose 3-1.

I've moaned about this for years. I've heard every excuse going for why it happens or dross excuses from various here, but fact is no player would ever miss a European Final for intl call ups.

If SI have still not gripped it, then that's crap, but not surprising. :(

Its crap but unless u can call players back its hard to get around last week USA played Canada on tuesday night because the game picks strongest squad all of the english based players would of gone as it is im guessing they stuck mainly to mls players

I cant think of an easy way to code in players not been called up for certain games

IRL, players are allowed to join there national team one or two days later, in order they can play for the club.

This happens, for example, at the end of season, when some players have champions league finals or cup finals to play.

I wish this feature could be possible in FM. Just a little option where we could ask to keep the player a extra day or two.

Archived