The 'manager issue' at AI controlled teams ..

I am currently in save game with Ajax and I constantly see managers getting fired whenever their club is doing a little bit less good then the expectations are. Very unrealistic, managers with big status and names at their club like Wenger, Thomas Schaaf (Werder), David Moyes, Antonio Conte, Jurgen Klopp. I noticed this many times before in FM versions and FM games. At this point I would have hoped that SI would have done something about it, but no.

Every more unrealistic and annoying is that the fired managers get usually replaced by older mangers (age range 55 - 75) who have gotten a big reputation by the researchers from SI. For example: Bernd Schuster at Internazionale, Luis Aragonés at Arsenal, Ricardo La Volpe at Lazio Roma, Javier Aguierre at Everton, Louis van Gaal at Real Madrid, José Antonio Camacho at Liverpool and Thomas Schaaf again returns at work as manager from Chelsea. Those managers again get sometimes sacked if they loose five out of then matches. And I would be able to see those sort of things happen at Chelsea, but not at all those clubs at the same time. It's like every top team has a freaked out Ambramovich as a chairman with 0,0 patience.

While if you look at real life you see more or less the trend developing where younger talented managers get a chance at bigger teams. Rodgers (Liverpool) Stramaccioni (Internazionale) Vilanova (Barcelona) Frank de Boer (Ajax) Jens Keller (Schalke) Hyypiä (Leverkusen).

Then again, also some clubs have a different culture at hiring a managers, for example Barcelona would always look for trying to get a manager who knows the club from inside out and has played there as a player or worked there as staff for many years. Next to that most clubs also wouldn't hire managers who are not able to speak English or the language from the country the club is been based in (Russian and Ukranian clubs excluded from this)

And if I go ever further into realistic details: in real life usually a new managers brings in new staff, while in FM this is not happening at all, only the manager gets replaced and no one else.

Do others here reconignze this issue? And is SI aware of this? (but maybe not capable to deal with it yet?)

I edited some things in the editor, gave some chairman's a patience level of 20 and the issue still appears at most big team. Somehow the AI just senses 'big team underpreforming - manager needs to be replaced'.

Next to that I appreciate youre thread but I also raise some other issues here :).

It does get silly at times and also some of the replacements are a bit bizarre. One version I saw Alan Shearer got to Sunderland as Manager!! David Moyes always seems to get sacked in the first two years which I don't think would happen and he always ends up at a Club like Norwich or Swansea. I'm surprised coding doesn't allow hom to stay at Everton until Ferguson retires at United. Just one example.

In previous FMs the following happened ALOT, does it still happen in FM13?

As soon as a team overperforms, their manager often heads to a vacant position of an underperforming team due to reputation differences between the two teams

Managers on this game get fired constantly and I mean constantly, Moyes is always sacked within two seasons for me and in those two years most clubs in the Premiership have new managers, it's ridiculous in all honesty.

Infact, out of all teams in the Premiership I'd be surprised if ANY after my two years have the original manager still there.

Archived