Sports Interactive Community
xambo

Favourite League in Fm2013

What is your favourite league to play in Fm2013?

I usually play the English league and start from League 2. It is just an exciting league with many different teams. Plus when you reach the Premier League you do see big money income from TV rights. Also the home-grown player rule makes it more fun to build a team.

I like the Brazilian lower leagues before they start depending on which team you are you have the chance to test yourself against teams in higher leagues in the State Championships. When the league starts you can only have three foreign players but finding some talent on loan is good fun, you can also sign potential top class stars for a few hundred thousand if you scout well enough.

Spent most of this save (hopefully my one and only save on FM13) At OM in France. Really enjoying it. Only annoying thing about the league there is you get a one match ban for every three cards! Suspensions all over the place!

MLS

Something about building a squad to fit around their strict rules and wage budget is kind of fun. Forces you to rebuild the squad after a few years because of the wage cap. Can get frustrating and various minor bugs still in MLS (clubs ignore Asking Price, Auto Reject not working, etc), but for some reason, since I first played in it a few years ago, I've found myself having a career save there every year ever since. Usually where I have the most fun.

I wish they would add a holiday to the Danish Superliga winter break though, really enjoy managing there, but I get put off after 5 or 6 season having to do 3+ months of friendlies.

Definately the Belgium leagues for me! I've never played a proper save abroad before FM2013, but the Belgium Leagues are definately more fun than the English ones. It's all about the layout of each league. Once you reach the Pro League, it doesn't always matter where you finish, you still have a chance to fight for something, unless you come dead last that is :D What i've said might not make sense and the best way to find out why it's so good is to try it yourself!

Also nearly forgot to mention the fact that you can compare the Pro League teams to that of the Liga BBVA, with Standard and Anderlecht being compared with the Barcelona and Real Madrid dominance. It's always a challenge to break the divide in class!

I always liked the swedish league structure. Simple,yet has everything, including reserves and youth leagues.

On top of that, most of the divitions only give promotion to the winner, so there's only one way of going up and that's being able to reach the top.

I struggle to enjoy leagues outside of England if starting a new game. If I was to manage abroad, I (for some reason) feel I have to prove myself as a manager with my home nation. Likewise for International Teams.

Anyone one know which other leagues apart from Spain have alot of matches that are played in the evening.

MLS, without question. I know I should like Brazil with the variety, but I just find it too long and gruelling, especially when managing a half decent side, as you will sweep everyone away in the State Championships.

my favorite are Polish, La Liga (as barca/r. madrid) are unbeatable ... and serie A of course (forza roma!!!)

Netherlands Eredivisie for sure, the best of the smaller leagues in Europe. Got some great clubs PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord and add all the other clubs that can challenge for the title. Add the challenge of the Champions League what more can you want.

Netherlands Eredivisie for sure, the best of the smaller leagues in Europe. Got some great clubs PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord and add all the other clubs that can challenge for the title. Add the challenge of the Champions League what more can you want.

Would agree, I'm loving playing as Ajax. If only I could do better in Europe.

Argentine league, as any dip in form no matter how brief wil often cost you the title. added to that the challenge of selling and rebuilding squads every couple of years it is very interesting.

Bundesliga has always been the best league on all FM's.

This for me. No EU/Work permits, good youths coming through, decent money, good crowds, competitive leagues with more variety of teams standing a chance to challenge. 34 league games is probably the only downer, but means you only need a small(er) squad than some leagues.

English leagues I like as well, but played them to death over the years, so try to avoid now. League 1 and 2 with 46 league games (and possible end of season playoffs) + Johnstones Paint and 2x domestic cups makes for good squad rotation juggling fun.

Serie A for me, always has been.

Bundesliga is a close second

La Liga just for the challenge of toppling the big two

Never liked managing in the Premiership, felt it was a little too easy to build a great squad no matter who you are.

Belgium at the moment, though I have always had a soft spot for the Finnish league. No reason really, but don't you find that some leagues just kind of 'work' for you and some don't ? For example, I can't get on with the Norwegian league at all, no real reason for that, either.

Russia, always love managing cska moscow, always have fun and i love building a team around the foreign player rule meanig you have to look for decent russian talent

In terms of Germany though (I'm thinking back to a FM12 save game...) - am I right in saying there are no reserve teams? Same with Italy too isn't it? I could be misremembering, but I find leagues that don't play reserve football an issue as I'm never sure if my youth are progressing in the right way.

I enjoyed Croatia and Belgium - currently playing in Portugal which is also fun.

In terms of Germany though (I'm thinking back to a FM12 save game...) - am I right in saying there are no reserve teams? Same with Italy too isn't it? I could be misremembering, but I find leagues that don't play reserve football an issue as I'm never sure if my youth are progressing in the right way.

I enjoyed Croatia and Belgium - currently playing in Portugal which is also fun.

I agree, but I find it a lot easier to arrange a whole season of friendlies for your reserve squads in FM13 than it used to be. With the "arrange multiple friendlies" helping, but more importantly when I do arrange friendlies for reserves in Germany and Italy, you do now get decent lists of available teams to play. This helps you to taylor your reserve squad season set up than even them being in a reserve league. To me. :)

In terms of development/maintaining match fitness those friendlies do just as good as a job as any reserve league I think.

I like to manage in Portugal. It's always a challenge to take a small team and compete with Porto/Benfica. no other league has such a big difference between the top teams and the rest of the league.

I like to manage in Portugal. It's always a challenge to take a small team and compete with Porto/Benfica. no other league has such a big difference between the top teams and the rest of the league.

La Liga does

The SPL does, infact i know I'm not the only one who thinks the gap between celtic and the rest of the SPL (Rangers included with celtic in previous years) is bigger than any gap in any league in the world. Although maybe Linfeild in Northern Ireland challenge that.

My favourite league this year is Liga BBVA. Not sure why but had the most enjoyment in that league.

La Liga does

nah I find it easier to challenge Barca with a Spanish midtable team than Porto with a small Portuguese team.