Sports Interactive Community
Red till i'm dead

Handballs - are there ever any in FM13??

I can't remember if I've seen any, but my players often complains to the ref that the opposition are handballing...

You need to play on full match highlights. They aren't considered key or important for extended highlights.

Having said that, this was when I used to play full highlights on a previous FM, but I doubt it's changed.

As for penalties, I agree not many are given as real life.

to be honest with the quality of the graphics in 3d i prefer them not being in :p I'm always getting annoyed with the way fouls look in 3D. The quality of the match engine is way miles ahead of the quality of graphics which when watching in 3D mode drives me insanse when free kicks or penalties are giving for nothing visable except for a player randomly hitting the ground :p It's the same with headers, watching players drift in the air when winning headers i just want to put my fist through my screen xD I get wound up easily :p

I've seen very few of these, also two or three red cards for deliberate ones.

Had a player contest an aerial challenge yesterday. He goes up, he gets fouled, he comes down to ground, and is recovering on all fours. Then the ref takes out the red card and says he deliberately handled the ball! Really? Because it looked like he got absolutely man handled, and was fouled. Maybe as he was being fouled he stuck his hand out and deliberately handled it, I don't know. I guess I didn't "get a good look at it". :D

Not seen a penalty given for a handball. Also never seen a penalty given for a foul by the keeper, not in any version of FM, ever.

Also never seen a penalty given for a foul by the keeper, not in any version of FM, ever.

I'd even go a step further and say I've never seen a keeper diving to striker's feet when he's running towards the goal.

I'd even go a step further and say I've never seen a keeper diving to striker's feet when he's running towards the goal.

I've seen the keeper dive at the striker's feet, it seems to happen for me on backpasses gone wrong... The GK comes out, the striker gets there first, we all know the rest...

I've had quite the few handballs committed by my strikers in the opponents box, and they dive to..I gotta love these guys for trying

I just had a game where the above happened, my own player handballed in the box and was flagged for it but still don't remember getting a penalty or free kick from the opposition handling the ball.

Also never seen a penalty given for a foul by the keeper, not in any version of FM, ever.

That's a good point.

The only way I think I've ever seen keepers get booked is from handling the ball outside the area when the slide out