FM 13: RSC Anderlecht - Les Mauves

LilSaint

RSC Anderlecht

rscam.jpg

Welcome to the Anderlecht thread!

This is the club that's won most trophies in Belgium & produced a long line of outstanding talents. From Vincent Kompany to Romelu Lukaku, they all came through these youth ranks.

Hopefully this thread can arouse your interest to starting up a save with Anderlecht. Please feel free to post any feedback, it's always greatly appreciated.

History

Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht, usually known as Anderlecht is a Belgian professional football club based in Anderlecht in the Brussels Capital Region. Anderlecht plays in the Belgian Pro League and is the most successful Belgian football team in European competitions (with 5 trophies) as well as in the Belgian Pro League (31 championship wins). They also have won 9 Belgian Cups. They hold the record of the most consecutive Belgian championship titles, as they are the only side to have won 5 consecutive Belgian championships between 1963–64 and 1967–68.

The club was founded in 1908, first reached the highest level in Belgian football in 1921–22, and have been playing in the first division since 1935–36. They won their first major trophy after World War II, with a championship win in 1946–47. Since then, they have never finished outside the top six of the Belgian first division. They are #12 in the all time List of UEFA club competition winners and #10 in the IFFHS continental Clubs of the 20th Century European ranking. Anderlecht are ranked 41st in the 2012 UEFA team ranking.[3] In 1986, they achieved their best UEFA ranking with a joint first place with Juventus F.C..[4]

Anderlecht have been playing their home matches in the Astrid Park in the municipality of Anderlecht since 1917. Their current stadium, Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, was first opened in 1983, and replaced the former Emile Versé Stadium. They play in purple and white outfits.

Rivalries

They have long-standing rivalries with Club Brugge, Standard Liège and FC Brussels.

Kits

homeaa.jpgawaypy.jpg

Team

squadg.jpg

Club overview

clubnm.jpg

Facilities

facip.jpg

Stadium

stadeil.jpg

Expectations

the board will expect you to play attacking football & develop youth prospects (which shouldn't be much of a problem, given that you're getting top facilities) & to win both the league & cup, as well as reach the group stage of the champions league

Finances

finfp.jpg

The downside. You start out with no transfer funds available. You do have a decent squad though, no urgent signigns are required. You could consider offloading some older players with big contracts to free up some funds should you so desire. Players you could sell: Milan Jovanovic (a squad star, brimming with charisma - but he is slowly getting older & his wages are high), Ronald Vargas (decent player with a lot of flair, but very injury prone, so you could opt to make a few pounds on him)

Guillermo Molins (decent player, but you have better options)

Team report

Goalkeepers

keepers.jpg

Silvio Proto: Your first choice, he's decent but i'd look to improve your GK once you have the financial room to do so

Thomas Kaminsky: Youth prospect, he's only 19. I'd suggest loaning him out.

Transfer targets: for now i'd go with glenn verbauwhede, because you can sign him on a free transfer. Once you get more transfer funds freed up i'd look into signing rafael from santos (3.7m), Julio Sergio (Roma, loan)

Wing backs

wbsy.jpg

Dennis Odoi; decent player. Positive thing about him is he can play just about anywhere, except as striker. His natural position is right back though

Behrang Safari; fast left back. Doesn't have thé most impressing stats, but his physical attributes get him through

Guillaume Gillet; my personal first choice as right back, although he can also play as defensive midfielder or higher up the pitch. His natural position is right back though & imo that is where he belongs

Jordan Lukaku; yes, brother of. that's the best i can say for him, because his stats are far from impressive. he's only 18 though so you can give him some time to grow (maybe loaning him out is the best option here)

transfer targets: as in any save i always recommend signing romario from vitoria (<500k) , or luis ibanez (dinamo, costs between 1.7 - 2.4m), Laurens de bock (2-3m), Jonathan (Inter, loan)

Centre backs

defek.jpg

Olivier Deschacht; can play as a left back, but naturally he plays central. He's quality. His marking, determination & work rate make him a good defender. He's vice captain of the team at the start, but personally i favor him over Biglia

Bram Nuytinck; decent bloke for the pro league, a bit early to play him in your european games imo. He's 22 so he can still improve.

Marcin Wasilewski; your tank. He has high strength, heading, agressiveness (for which he is in fact notorious irl. He doesn't shy away from throwing around some elbows) IRL i can't stand the guy & somehow that's why i always refrain from playing him. Don't let my personal feelings bother you though, he is a great defender (but he does risk getting sent off now & then)

Roland Juhasz; first pick as far as i'm concerned. good marking, heading, strength, jumping, balance, determination.. you name it

Transfer targets: Stefano Denswil (Ajax, 75k) Mike van der Hoorn (FC Utrecht, 400k) Jonathan Mensah (Evian, 2.8m) Jeremy Taravel (Lokeren, 1.3m) Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Wolfsburg, loan)

Defensive midfielders

dmso.jpg

Cheikhou Kouyate; can also play as centre back. He's only 22 but very good already & will still improve. definately worth your time to develop

Lucas Biglia; the maestro in your midfield, he can play before the defense or at CM. He can be your playmaker thanks to his good passing & vision

transfer targets: Josip Radosevic (Hajduk, 240k), Kara (Tromso if you're playing before the transfer update)

Central midfielders

mcsvz.jpg

Depending on what formation you play, this position could use some extra players. You've got some good attacking midfielders, some good defensive midfielders & most of them are capable to play as your regular CM, but you have few natural CM's. I'd recommend adjusting your tactics to this fact

Sacha Klestan; he's ok, but not much more. He does have good work rate & teamwork though

Dennis Praet; one of the most exciting youth prospects. Give him time, develop him & he'll turn into sheer quality. More of an AMC than MC though.

transfer targets: Sven Kums (Heerenveen, 925k) Mats Rits (Ajax, 90k)

Attacking midfielders

26696731.jpg

Most of these players can play behind the strikers as well as out on the wing, so it's up to you how you want to fit them into your tactic

Kanu; good allrounder

Sasha Yakovenko; arguably the least of this list. You could sell him & welcome a bit of transfer funds

Reynaldo; fast & agile, good dribbler

Massimo Bruno; 18yo, can develop into a great player. Give him time, maybe opt to loan him out.

Ronald Vargas; good dribbler, but injury prone. you can take your chances with him or choose to sell him & invest in other positions

Fernando Canesin; will be listed for loan at the start of your save, but be sure to check if you really want to loan him out. He's pretty good & imo is the best dribbler out of all the above

transfer targets: Karim Aït Fana (Montpellier, tends to be transfer listed at the very start. I'd always recommend signing him in any other save, but at Anderlecht you'll already find a broad selection of wingers, so you might want to invest in different positions. If you want to, you can snap him up for 1.9m, which is a bargain really), Ilsinho (Shaktar, loan) Edgar Salli (Monaco, loan) Adam Maher (AZ, 4.4m) Tony trindade de vilhena (feyenoord, 110k)

Strikers

strikersg.jpg

Just noting that Jovanovic, Mbokani & Cyriac all come from rivals Standard Liege. Expect a warm welcome on your away games at Sclessin.

Milan Jovanovic; used to be a superb player but is slightly over his top now at 31. I'd opt to sell him while you can still make some money on him. Otherwise he's still a good choice at the left wing.

Matias Suarez; fast guy with a lot of flair & a good dribble. Excellent choice as a supporting striker

Dieumerci Mbokani; First pick. Just won the golden boot irl. He has good heading, pace, strength. makes a good deep lying forward

Cyriac (Gohi Bi); starts the game injured. This guy is a rocket. Pace agility & acceleration are key words here

Tom De Sutter; starts off injured as well. Struggles to make the first team IRL, but is sure worth having a go. He has good workrate, heading & strength, so if you play a system that uses a target man up front, look no further.

David Henen; great youth prospect, be sure to keep an eye on him

transfer targets: Andreas Cornelius (kobenhavn, 1.3 - 1.9m) Memphis Depay (PSV, 475k) Ademilson (Sao Paolo, 1.2m -but will probably cost the full 6m of his release clause-) Zakaria Bakkali (PSV, 24k. Doesn't look like much but is only 16. He -will- be a great player)

Tactics

451bc.jpg

442dw.jpg

4231.jpg

So, why should i play as Anderlecht?

You'll be under pressure to deliver trophies, as the club will expect them every year. Remember this is Belgium's 'biggest' club in terms of winning prizes & reputation. Combined with the low (read as: non existant) transfer budget at the start of your save, you'll find this to be a fun (& very realistic) challenge. There's no spending hundreds of millions on the depth of your squad. You'll have to carefully pick who to play, who to sell & who to bring in. Personally I find greater satisfaction in bringing in a new signing that turns out great under these conditions, as opposed to just splashing the cash.

Facilities are top notch, so if you enjoy developping youth prospects you can get a lot out of this too.

You'll be mounting a serious title challenge & have a chance to qualify for the champions league.

Summing up: fun challenge (expectations VS transfer budget), chance to compete at all levels & possibility to develop own youth.

Finally

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read all of this. Please don't hesitate to add things i may have forgotten or share your views & experiences.

Best of luck to you

my favorit team allways!

You have a great squad, with some great talents, bruno, praet, henen, etc

And you have this year an opponent for the tittle as bruges have bought a lot of good players too! So it will be not so easy to win the league as it looks!

• 2 months later...

Just realised there was a Anderlecht thread. Good because they have some of the best youth talent in the world and being in the UCL hopefully can gain decent money. Thought I was the only player here. You are expected to bring through youth players but the difficult thing is nearly everyone in the U19 team is tipped to be a quality player or a key player for the first team :D

Think this thread should attract more people tbh. If you develop your youth well and want to go with this strategy, similar to Ajax, you can literally build a title winning team with all academy produced players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished exams now so more relief :) Anyway sold Kanu for £1.2m to Genk to raise some funds. Got Ilsinho from Shakhtar on a season-long loan and got Willy Reynders from Lokeren as my new DOF. Already an abundance of exciting youth talent at the club and have bought another one from Genk called Siebe Schrijvers. Surprisingly rejected City to come here. Must realise he must have more chance of breaking into the first team here than at City :D Shows though that he will be a world beater with teams like City in for him. Looks amazing at 15/16 years old.

After season ends and hopefully with more money I definitely want Bernard Malanda from Zulte Waregem. Looks fantastic and at 17 years old is already an indispensable player for them. Look at him FMers. There is already exciting talent at the club such as Bruno, Praet, Najar, Henen, Heylen, Kaminski, list goes on and got the beast in Mbokani.

Looking forward to this save :thup:

Started with Anderlecht last night, going to try n build a Belgian core whilst trying to find bargains from abroad to hopefully sell at profit. The main challenge will be Europe I think. So far I've sold a few including Jovanovic and signed Pontus Jonsson (I think) from Malmo and Jan Lecjaks from Young Boys, both for about 700k.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started a save with them 2 days ago and am already on season 2. Did the double in season 1 (League champs and Super Cup winners), bowed out in round 7 of the Belgian cup and got knocked out of Champions League in round 1 barely, then lost to Zenit in the Euro Cup first knockout round. Funds were super tight, but was able to unload players not in my plans for a decent return.

Year 1 transfers OUT: Tom De Sutter to Genk for 2.1 M

Sasha Kljestan to Monaco for 2.7 M

Lucas Biglia to Sevilla for 11.25 (Triggered his release clause, and I couldn't afford his demands on a new deal so he had to go)

Pablo Chavarria to AA Gent for 1.2 M

Junior Tabanaga to Tubize for 50 K

Guillermo Molins to PAOK for 1.2 M

Christophe Diandy to Antwerp for 375,000

Dieumerci Mbokani for 17.5 to Porto as I couldn't meet his high wage demands and decided to cash in before he would of been lost for free in 2014. Was top player and top goal scorer as in year 1. Also sold Bi and Vesilonovic for 800,000 and 500,000 respectively as they didn't have a place in my plans at all. 4 other players were released on free transfers also.

Year 1 transfers IN: Michael Almeback from Brugge for 725,000

Zakaria Bakkali from PSV for 975,000

Srdjan Mijailovic from Red Star for 6.75 M

Alen Halilovic from Dinamo for 2.3 M

Nicholas Tagliafico from Banfield for 5.25 M (Bought before season 2)

Gianni Bruno from Lille for 4.5 M (Bought before season 2)

All in all im very pleased with what I was able to do in my first season as manager and whom I was able to purchase with my money received in my many deals. Am 4 games in season 2 and have overhauled my coaching staff with many 3+ star coaches as well, so hopefully my guys continue to progress even more. My under 19 and under 21 squads are loaded with 3+ star players and am hoping I can call upon a few soon to see what they can do. Highly recommend Praet, Suarez and Massimo Bruno if anyone is looking for talent to step in and play right away.

Started a save game with Anderlecht last night.

Sold Jovanovic, Sutter and some Brazilian AMC to free up wages. Haven't brought anyone in yet. Looks like Biglia could be for the off as I can't afford to pay him an increase in wages.

Why isn't Van den Borre in the squad analysis in the OP?

• 2 weeks later...

been away for a very long time, but picked FM up again yesterday night.

Good to see people enjoying an Anderlecht save! i won't be continuing mine as i decided to start a YDWAWK type of challenge.

@BuddyTheElf: I'm scratching my head as to why i haven't included him. Maybe when i started this thread he was still at Genk (just guessing here, maybe i shamelessly overlooked him. If so, apologies!)

Reggaebwoy How's your save going? Good job getting Schrijvers! I did a longterm save with Genk previously & City stole him away before he could sign a new deal, which left me absolutely gutted.

Malanda is quality indeed (come to think of it, I'm not sure why i didn't list him as transfer target in the OP). Bit of a shame he left ZulteWaregem irl.. Shows what poor entourage can do to a youngster..

Reggaebwoy How's your save going? Good job getting Schrijvers! I did a longterm save with Genk previously & City stole him away before he could sign a new deal, which left me absolutely gutted.

Malanda is quality indeed (come to think of it, I'm not sure why i didn't list him as transfer target in the OP). Bit of a shame he left ZulteWaregem irl.. Shows what poor entourage can do to a youngster..

I was enjoying the save but for some reason when playing FM I like to think of it being realistic so I have stopped playing for now and prob will wait for new one as Mbokani has left, Biglia is on his way out. Maybe I will be convinced to return to the save, who knows, still got it saved. He chose me over City fortunately :D maybe it is because I gave him a role as back up and not a "hot prospect" and I offered him wages around £1,500 a week I think. Unfortunate for you. What wages did you offer him?

Btw what exactly happened with Malanda? Heard he has gone AWOL? If true, shame on him.

i can appreciate that. I'm curious to see how Mbokani will fare abroad this time around. I think he's a superb striker for the belgian league, but not good enough for abroad.. Shame he doesn't have a good head on his shoulders to match his technical skills. Yeah Biglia's already confirmed to be leaving.. Anderlecht are looking into signing Jonathan dos Santos from Barcelona to replace him. Time will tell if they can afford him.. Although they have already signed Fede Vico, which is an exciting prospect as far as I'm concerned!

Gillet might leave for an undisclosed German club as well.. Odoi is gone too..

As for Malanda: he's broken his contract.. He wants to leave for a bigger club.. The likes of Fulham & Everton would be interested in him, but wouldn't meet the asking price of 6m Zulte set out for him.. Shame really, no way to treat a club that's given him his chance.. He's only just 18, no matter how talented he might be, that's not the right attitude in my book :)

i can appreciate that. I'm curious to see how Mbokani will fare abroad this time around. I think he's a superb striker for the belgian league, but not good enough for abroad.. Shame he doesn't have a good head on his shoulders to match his technical skills. Yeah Biglia's already confirmed to be leaving.. Anderlecht are looking into signing Jonathan dos Santos from Barcelona to replace him. Time will tell if they can afford him.. Although they have already signed Fede Vico, which is an exciting prospect as far as I'm concerned!

Gillet might leave for an undisclosed German club as well.. Odoi is gone too..

As for Malanda: he's broken his contract.. He wants to leave for a bigger club.. The likes of Fulham & Everton would be interested in him, but wouldn't meet the asking price of 6m Zulte set out for him.. Shame really, no way to treat a club that's given him his chance.. He's only just 18, no matter how talented he might be, that's not the right attitude in my book :)

They need a striker to replace him big time. Never seen Biglia play. He any good? Also heard Hazard might go there although he been licked with many clubs. Did Malanda contract run out because otherwise I am confused with how he broke his contract.

There is a specific law in Belgium (one from 1978 where a player can brake his contract if he pays a full year in wages) that actually every employee in Belgium can use.

this. And it ruins the game, from the clubs point of view. Basically any unhappy player can just quit..

As for Biglia; he's had his ups & downs. At his best, he's certainly good. I have my reservations as to if he's good enough to succeed in Italy, but I suppose only time will tell. He's desperate to get called up for Argentina, so maybe he sees the Serie A as a way of accomplishing that (in truth, he's been wanting to leave Anderlecht for quite some time..)

Hazard's been linked to joining Anderlecht, Genk & Zulte-Waregem on loan for another year. As far as I know it's still undecided, but rumor has it he'll be re-joining Zulte again next year.

Archived