[FM13]attacking 4-4-2

lots of tinkering trying to find a tactic that behaved like the old 4-2-2-2 of FM12

40005283793D82E16AED95F97BD0614C55DFEAE5

718A01F697814A3272D6CCCE81A76539DF6C0C60

Midfield

what sets this tactic up is the use of the midfield, it is distinctivly set and differant players in those positions brings differant behaviours, and any player who may not even be trained in the position of attacking midfield left or right can slot in in the Winger position.

a good example of this is Neymar, a player who is not trained in midfield, however can play in that position due to his AML. so instead of going on about what is required in EACH position i'll cover it briefly

Central midfield is more important player selection wise. your BWM must do exactly that, so a player with good tackling would be better here, and a CM with great passing to spary the ball around.

the Wing positions can be played by anyone defencive or attacking, the benifits of playing wingers as support, as you can see, is that they track back, make tackles and come from deep to recieve the ball allowing them to run at defences, or tackle for the ball. so a good dribber here is the best option, as well as a good crosser as you will be getting the ball forward often, you also have the benefit of your wingers deciding whether to cut inside or stay out wide and cross. so 9/10 this 4-4-2 is actually the old 4-2-2-2 but unlike a 4-2-2-2 you have the benefits of your wingers tracking back

Strikers

not really a problem here, a good header of the ball is a big plus as you have all those crosses, however some games they will be cutting inside and shooting so a good finisher who can tap the ball in or score through a crowd of players.

Defenders

Solid Central Defenders that are good in the air and tackling are a must, and your left and right backs a very big bonus is having them coming forward to support the attack.

I do use shouts, a bunch i downloaded to tinker with so some might not be useful.

Get ball Forward

Pass into space

Play out of defence (turn this off away from home ;))

Hit early crosses

Push higher up

hassle opponants

get stuck in

sometimes:

exploit the flanks (use against narrow formations)

run at defence

work ball into box

and for 10 men, take a striker off to maintain to your 2 lines of 4. doesnt make much differance to the game

some results

CD91C00783959C799BB9230D189C2FDEF987C321

6D22A2C0923C43F09CC7BE391D98CB6EA8489784

90065E6F53623C54D660A8F983E92A3D6648C806

A9BBFEADCF306E5542323BE711DB582E0CF12229

6A2ABA2C5CACED8428BB1EAE223D43D528423F0B

A61B7D398C84F9C9C6B4F1FE393CEFE863E88162

EA1102579FBBF7D9219CBD59839057CD6BB1953E

these cover everything, differant strikers scoring, Neymars wing play etc, the england one i brought Walcott and Ince on at the same time as the red card.

and the spurs game was them playing some odd narrow formation, destroyed them on the wings

download

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22893028/FM13+4-4-2.zip

well it works with England as well. just used it with Blackpool and Bury as well. seems to work in both instances

well hard to say with Bury as my match was with chelsea but good possesion stats and actually got forward.

and defending set pieces, you can create counter attacks off the clearences, and the way the team is set out the opposition will not be getting into your box often.

I do use shouts, a bunch i downloaded to tinker with so some might not be useful.

Get ball Forward

Pass into space

Play out of defence (turn this off away from home ;))

Hit early crosses

Push higher up

hassle opponants

get stuck in

sometimes:

exploit the flanks (use against narrow formations)

run at defence

work ball into box

Are these from the start?

yes from start, the ones under sometimes are used if the game isn't going as you like, for example players shooting from range far too often or going inside too much.

tactc basically uses lack of creative freedom to cut out the long shots and makes you more creative as a result, seems strange i know but works.

mate you need to put more screen shots of this tactic working with different teams, ie everton , newcastle etc

whenever someone uploads a tactic with United as the test team, people instantly dont trust it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just.... Wow!

znHlqkf.jpg

11 Games, 10 wins 1 draw, 43 goals and only 5 against (that 3 - 3 friendly was played with my sub 20)

Great tactic Scott, It`s the only tactic that is working for me on this patch. Thanks!

PS: Are shouts really nedeed? Im not using any of them, except exploit flanks against narrow teams.

Any preference about training and PPM's? oh and which pitch size? I use standard and works pretty well.

depends on your players regarding shouts, best bet on those is to go with how you feel. I use the shouts to make sure players behave exactly how i want.

PPMs? again it is what you want your players to do. the support roles being the key. PPM's are seemingly not a problem, played contrasting players in the wide midfield for example, perhaps your fullbacks will need the attacking PPM's to get forward and support a bit more, but again that is preferance.

Archived