Sports Interactive Community
2Pacalypse

Uselessness of "B" Teams

This year, a few "B" Teams in Portugal (Benfica, Porto, Sporting and a few more) have been reestablished and are all playing in the second division. They have a particular set of rules, created to make sure the youth in this country have a chance to play in a more competitive league (not a very good one, obviously, but it is competitive). In reality this already had a reasonable amount of success with a few of those kids making the transition to the first team.

So, my problem with this in FM is that, after almost a season (haven't been playing much), i'm yet to see a player in those B squads with a green (or red) arrow. They have been playing well, and a lot, but they don't develop .. at all. Nothing changes, making this a huge waste of time. And i spent a lot of it buying and selling players to, hopefully, turn it into a capable team.

From what i've seen in previous games, i don't think that loaning them to another team in that same division makes a big difference, which leads me to think that the problem is related to either the division's rep or the condition of those teams infrastructures. But are they so awful, that for an 18 year old playing against a bunch of experienced players for a full year, makes absolutely no difference? I don't think so, otherwise what would be the point for 1st division teams to bring players from the lower leagues?

I understand if this is impossible to change, since i'm talking about something that might require the whole development system or the impact infrastructures have on players to be redefined (or not, i don't know..), but i just felt this was something worth talking about.

Maybe the editor is the best choice for now?

(Sorry in advance, for any gramatical errors)

Hi,

Are you sure they dont improve?

I think it's normal you dont see any player from the B team with a green or red arrow, because you only see that for the players in your team, and FM treats the B team like a different team.

I usually manage with Benfica, and the players i send to the B team get improved.

As for the facilites, the "B" teams as the same as the principal team. Benfica "B" have top training facilites, so theres no issue there.

The best way, for players in the B team, to see if they improve or not, it take a picture of the player at the beggining of the season and then another at mid-season and another at the end.

Hi,

Are you sure they dont improve?

I think it's normal you dont see any player from the B team with a green or red arrow, because you only see that for the players in your team, and FM treats the B team like a different team.

I usually manage with Benfica, and the players i send to the B team get improved.

As for the facilites, the "B" teams as the same as the principal team. Benfica "B" have top training facilites, so theres no issue there.

The best way, for players in the B team, to see if they improve or not, it take a picture of the player at the beggining of the season and then another at mid-season and another at the end.

I'm pretty sure they don't (or didn't in my save). Ivan Cavaleiro, for example, had a much more significant change to his attributes by spending a few weeks with the first team, while barely playing, than by spending months and months in the B Team. And from what i've seen in some screenshots he has a high PA, so he has to develop.

I might be wrong, because like i said i haven't played FM much, but i don't think FM treats the B Team like a different team at least in a way. You can go there, pick a player and check the box that shows attribute changes, i don't think you can do that with the rest, right?

I visit regularly a portuguese forum where they talk about the game and i've never seen anyone saying something good about the B team, everybody agreed with me but i'm happy to see it has been working well with at least one person. :)

To give you another example, i bought Amido Baldé, he scored a lot of goals for them, had a very good season and again .. no changes. The u19's develop a lot more.

I remember sending André Gomes to the B team, and he improved in the year he was there.

But you are right in one thing:

A player will improve more in the principal team playing 10 games in one season rather spending the whole season and playing all the games in the B team.