Sports Interactive Community
bugsgalore

thinking of buying the game need my fm fix

thinking of buying the game though i ve heard the games broken can someone tell me what the problems are? and if i should wait for next patch

Its not broken as some would say, others say its not playabe with the current match engine. You might as well pick it up for cheap and see. I would suggest as always with FM games, wait until the last patch/update is released sometime after the january transfer window if you want to play a more serious longterm game.

im talking about bugs which some people will call game breakers just want to know what some are so i can judge weather it will be a game breaker for me. (ive played every fm/cm so i dont need to buy it to find out, will know by peoples judgements)

I'm in 2045 and started my save on the 7th November

The bugs are what you make of them. Personally I don't let ANY of them effect my enjoyment of the game

The biggest one for me was the generating match report thing, that is fixed now

Buy it, the game is great, very enjoyable and as always leaves you wanting to pull your hair out one minute and punching the air the next!

To be honest i've not really got the time or patience to read through all that just want some peoples opinions thanks though

Just read the last few pages of the link Kazza gave above. The main issue is with the match engine, once thats fixed the game will be up there with the best versions.

thats what worries me is that i will buy it then see a bug and it puts me off, i take it theres a patch in the next week to fix the ME maybe i should wait till then

The game runs fine in my PC... so i can assure you it's not broken! :D

Not broken but some bugs make the game unplayable long term for some players - not played since before Christmas

Not broken but some bugs make the game unplayable long term for some players - not played since before Christmas

you got that part right! :)

Doesn't the demo keep up to date with the latest patch? I thought it did. If so, why not try that first?

It doesn't, unfortunately.

Well in that case, the best option is to play the demo until the patch comes out. Then ask again when the patch is bedded in!

ok demo would have been good if it kept up to date, so no point in wasting time downloading, also as some say its a game breaker for some and not for others which is all about opinions thats what im looking for as it might be a game breaker for me thanks in advance

also should add ive played demo when it first got released played one game then turned it off so demos a no go

but if i have been reading correct that the ME is about to be updated so it wont mean anything regarding the ME, also just looking for peoples opinions thanks

I remember asking if the demo would be patched a few versions ago, the answer was "no". Of course, that could have changed since FM moved to Steam- the easiest way to find out is if someone who already has the demo installed tries playing and sees if it updates.

but if i have been reading correct that the ME is about to be updated so it wont mean anything regarding the ME, also just looking for peoples opinions thanks

My opinion is that while the ME certainly has a few issues, it is still perfectly playable and everything else about the game is superb. I'm currently standing at well over 300 hrs played and am enjoying it.

Also, the update that is planned addresses many of the issues people have.

Personally, I'd try the demo to see if I liked the core game components (i.e the new training system etc) and then buy the full game as it is more than playable now and any issues will be addressed.

I've never understood the logic of ' i'll buy later on anyway.. but not yet'. Surely buy now and play it, see for yourself and you'll obviously still get the updated version anyway later on.

When i was playing the demo it updated every time the full game did . I did not get the full game until i got it as an xmas present but the demo was fully updated including the patch just before xmas

cheers Welshace but i've played it for years and the new improvements like the new training system,dof ect i will like i love the game always have done even all the little things they add, its just the bugs hence my user name that i can't handle, some bugs just puts me off as i'm looking for a complete game experience which i know i won't get unless i become a real football manager ha but hey can only hope, i will buy it just don't want to buy it then bang there's a game breaker bug (just a game breaker for me) and there's goes my cash

cheers Welshace but i've played it for years and the new improvements like the new training system,dof ect i will like i love the game always have done even all the little things they add, its just the bugs hence my user name that i can't handle, some bugs just puts me off as i'm looking for a complete game experience which i know i won't get unless i become a real football manager ha but hey can only hope, i will buy it just don't want to buy it then bang there's a game breaker bug (just a game breaker for me) and there's goes my cash

AI squad building etc has been addressed and looked at, but as always, it's all a matter of opinion whether it will have been improved sufficiently for you. Same goes for all issues really.

I hope you find it's as good as I think it is :)

has the reputation been fixed? and the AI squad buliding?

IMO, and you could get different from other users, the squad building is at the same level as it was in FM2012.

In other words, we (human managers) can build better teams... and because of that the game will get easier after 4 or 5 years.

About the reputation issue... care to explain what you mean?

IMO, and you could get different from other users, the squad building is at the same level as it was in FM2012.

In other words, we (human managers) can build better teams... and because of that the game will get easier after 4 or 5 years.

About the reputation issue... care to explain what you mean?

Ai squad buliding is a big factor for me as i like to play long term games and if it just gets too easier after say 5 years or more i get bored and i can't get myself up for starting a new one, as for reputation for me its didnt grow fast enough or good enough for me in 2012 and felt it needed looked at and im sure i read that it was getting looked at pre 2013 game coming out.

Just play the demo and judge from there. If the game had "game breaking" bugs it wouldn't be scoring a 86 @ Meta

Just play the demo and judge from there. If the game had "game breaking" bugs it wouldn't be scoring a 86 @ Meta

i don't want to play the demo sorry i just want peoples opinion's, as i've said it might not be a game breaker for some people but could be for me, its all about opinions i don't know if you've read this whole thread but you would have realized that, can i stress i just want opinion's not what i should do thanks

i don't want to play the demo sorry i just want peoples opinion's, as i've said it might not be a game breaker for some people but could be for me, its all about opinions i don't know if you've read this whole thread but you would have realized that, can i stress i just want opinion's not what i should do thanks

If you can't be arsed to download the demo and work it out for yourself, what exactly is it you want spoonfed in the way of opinions for which will mostly all differ and differ from what you think anyway?

sorry i meant the league and team's reputation

I believe they are working very well... but i already think that in FM2012.

This is going to turn into a feedback thread... and there is already one.

jibby i think you have read into things far to much there is no hidden agenda can't i post a thread without people coming on and trying to get it closed down because they don't like it, i don't need to download the demo i just want people's opinions on why it could be a game breaker for them then i can decide weather i want to buy the game or not thanks

By the time you have finished reading and replying to the posts on here you could have made your own mind up whether to get the game.

As in all walks of life, people have different opinons.

Download the demo and then decide yourself, its the best and only way

id rather people told me of there game breaker bugs to them, rather than me having to find out myself thru the demo which i can,t be bothered to download or even play as its not the full game, i only want peoples opinion's no matter how much they differ, i will take them all on board and then decide weather any of them will be a game breaker for me

By the time you have finished reading and replying to the posts on here you could have made your own mind up whether to get the game.

As in all walks of life, people have different opinons.

Download the demo and then decide yourself, its the best and only way

I'd personally say he is better off taking the time to read through the feedback thread, he'd get a far better understand of where teh game is at, especially since it contains a number of posts by PaulC and a much more varied set of opinions

id rather people told me of there game breaker bugs to them, rather than me having to find out myself thru the demo which i can,t be bothered to download or even play as its not the full game, i only want peoples opinion's no matter how much they differ, i will take them all on board and then decide weather any of them will be a game breaker for me

Then you are better off reading the feedback thread, they have all been detailed, acknowledged and potential fixes posted by PaulC

i understand that madsheep i haven't got the time to read thru it all but thanks, i just want to come onto this thread when i can and see peoples opinions of there game breakers and decide for myself. and thanks neil but i dont really want to download the demo as i'm not on my laptop and won't be on it until i probs buy the game so really just want peoples opinions thanks

Dont Bother now is official we buy a beta game and spend nearly 40 quid and 3 months to let them know all the bugs so they can fix it, the game usually is almost iron out after the 2 major patch that should be in next months with the data update so basically when 2013 is very good to play 2014 is ready to go out then rinse and repeat.

I see nobody is really giving you opionions. So i'll give you one.

Don't buy it. Don't buy it until they fix it.

FM is the best management sim ever, but i was extremely disappointed by this version's match engine.

Yes, it has game breakers.

-Throw-ins will go to the other team quite often.

-Fullbacks never block cross attempts.

-Wingers like to turn and pass back instead of running into open space.

-Keepers look and play a very awkward style.

-Defensive positioning in general is very clumsy.

All these things will cost you an important goal at some point. They are game breakers.

---

I love the look of the new match engine, they just need some people that know how to fix it.

If you can shut out all of this game's faults, including the ball physics, moon-walking players, and everything i mentioned above. And anything i didn't mention. Then yes, it's playable. But you have to be very forgiving. Very lenient.

What bugs me the most, no pun intended, is that more and more developers these days are releasing unfinished games, and expecting the community to fix it for them. Some are pressured by deadlines, other companies just flat out don't know how to make a good game. Whatever the case, it needs to stop. Because kids and their parents are getting slammed at the till. Some of these games are just a flat-out waste of money. Not every movie that comes out is good. In fact, most of them bomb. Same goes for the gaming industry.

That's why I like Relic, and some other companies. They release finished, polished games.

But hey, don't complain. It's put up or shut up, right?

Don't buy it until it's fixed.

I think that's enough opinions for the OP to form a conclusion, especially as Neil has confirmed the demo does get updated.

I always check posting histories before I comment in a thread like this ;)