Created a tactic emulating barcelona's style of play and it is working quite well !

Hello, guys..i have been perfecting a tactic over the course of 5-6 season in the current patch that seems to be working quite well in emulating barcelona's play and being succesful within the patch..good number of through balls, good possession play and not a crazy number of long shots, as well. If you want to give it a whirl, back up your save and try it out !

A couple considerations : The midfield players (dmc/mc/mc) need to be good at passing the ball. That is perhaps the most crucial part of this tactic.Your team needs to be decent, it is designed for a pretty decent team. I won 3 champions leagues in 6 years at arsenal using this, and a couple other titles, so it works alright..but you do need decent players.You should not be conceding many goals, and will be scoring decently if you got good players.You generally won't score a TON, unless your team is really really good, the focus is playing safe possession football while waiting for a good opportunity to go for goal.I also recommend using some of the shouts that encourage playing the ball into the box, such as "work the ball into the box" and so on. If you're ahead, you can play retain possession type shouts, or you can also switch to a counter style football and use more direct play.

http://speedy.sh/CVADb/barcelona-style-4-3-3.tac

Well, the team also needs to be fairly gelled/used to the tactic and each other, too :) It is a tac that is meant to not get scored on, and have good possession while most of all looking like good football.For the offensive part, it relies on good decision-making and good technique from your players.Attacking movement also seems to work well with this it (as it does with most tacs). Pass into space is also good, along with the shouts i mentioned. The ST position is meant for someone that is a good "pivot" btw (someone like Lorente) so idk if you got anyone on barca that can do that well currently..you can also switch your ST to a more poacher role if you got someone like villa instead, but there will be less through balls from your ST to your forwards (messi & Co.). I've also noticed some goalkeepers stray from instructions a bit and play balls forward a little more often than i'd like, so you can also reduce attacking mentality a bit if you have that issue with some of yours (should increase possession)

now then. have downloaded the file and going to give this a try. I've been struggling with most football manager games since they introduced these crazy tactics as I find they tend to be unrealistic to real life play and it is more about finding a way around the match engine rather than recreating real life football.

I'm interested in this tactic as i've just had a quick glance and the first few things that strike me are not what i would expect from Barcelona IRL:

Messi's position...playing as a DLF, does he have the opportuninities to score as many goals as he does in real life? i know that IRL Messi tends to drop deep to receive the ball which can be seen using DLF...but then he often picks up the ball runs past 3/4 players and scores...yet this tactic has 'run with ball' set to 'sometimes'

Secondly Xavi and Iniesta are two of the most blatent Advanced and Deep lying playmakers in the history of football, yet on here one is set to central mid def and automatic, can you explain what effects they have using these tactical roles, are they the main focus of build up play or do you rely on the two wingers?

anyway i'm not sitting here picking apart your tactic by any sense. i'm just trying to understand what is going wrong with my tactics as (i have only really had success with Barcelona but i believe it down to the quality of the players rather than my tactics) but trying to recreate how they play IRL i wouldn't of imagined would be done tactically like this...

Messi has Preferred move to run often and cut inside, so if i would also put run with ball often, then he would be the only player having the ball, given how frequent run with balls are currently in this Patch.On xavi/iniesta role/duty, it does not matter much since all their sliders are set manually, but you can set them to central midfielder/support and for the forwards could set inside forward/attack. Xavi/iniesta..i do not want them to run forward too often, so they can be part of building up play more often, but they will run with ball and run forward on ocasion, specially depending on their preferred moves. Once more, same as messi, if i would have a player that has run forward often, or run with ball often as preferred move, in this patch he would do it far too frequently.

I am in year 4 or 5 as Arsenal atm, playing with a team of fairly talented but very young players (18-20 for the most part, and some 22, with the team being not too gelled) and i have almost always at least 63% possession and at times 70%+ and i win confortably most games, with good looking football. Some recent results here :

0PTc5Qu.jpg

Squad age :

R0l8dgg.jpg

Some stats about passes during games :

Rs4Ur7T.jpg

Archived