[FM13] FCUtdWill's England Level 11 Database

Hey ! I'd like to delete Conference Cup but I'd like also to keep the history of this cup, so I loaded the database, searched the competition and ticked the "Disappeared" or "Defunct" box (I'm french, so I don't know the english translation in the editor). But when I launch a new game, the Conference Cup is still played. How can I do ?

Thanks and sorry for my english :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey ! I'd like to delete Conference Cup but I'd like also to keep the history of this cup, so I loaded the database, searched the competition and ticked the "Disappeared" or "Defunct" box (I'm french, so I don't know the english translation in the editor). But when I launch a new game, the Conference Cup is still played. How can I do ?

Thanks and sorry for my english :)

Hi, the best way is to remove it from the nation rules. And then save the editor data file and load it again.

In which lvl our reservs and u-18 will start to play?
Should be when you reach Level 4, but you might get an invitation before. I've put no reserve and youth fixtures for teams from Level 5 downwards as there'd be too many reserve/youth fixtures and it'd slow the game down.

Your database is great but i think i dont get is all the amount of cups when surely you can merge a lot of them together
Thank you. They're divisional league cups at Level 11 and I can't merge them. There are some leagues that have more than one cup (i.e. the Wearside League has three cup competitions, but I've made them so one's at the start of the season, one in the middle and one at the end).

• 2 weeks later...

this is great but some feedback. Youve changed every teams short name back to the full name, Absolute waste of your own time but extremely annoying to boot! Also you could of used all the proper competition names and sponsors as would add realism.

Apart from that this is the best english update out there, i salute you

this is great but some feedback. Youve changed every teams short name back to the full name, Absolute waste of your own time but extremely annoying to boot! Also you could of used all the proper competition names and sponsors as would add realism.

Apart from that this is the best english update out there, i salute you

I prefer the full names myself, hence why I have added them. I was going to but then some leagues have really long names because of them. I prefer the proper names to the leagues too. Thank you for the feedback though, much appreciated.

Somehow my scout at West Everton Xaviers has run up a 140,000 scouting bill in one month.

Yeh, had that problem for ages. You need to stop assigning your backroom staff to automatically send your scouts for scouting assignments. The reason being, is that a club of an amature profile, literally cannot support the cost of sending scouts to other nations. Hence, you racking up huge scout bills. Hope that helps :)

Regarding the FA Cup, I know that you've not been able to properly name the rounds. Does this have a knock on effect on the prize money? The reason I ask is that I am noticing a lot of upper echelon non league teams (e.g Conference North/South) posting large profits due to "prize money" but looking at their fixtures, they don't seem to have done anything much out of the ordinary to justify such huge sums.

1 example is Solihull Moors - Finished 14th in Conf North and posted end of season profits of £140,000 boosted due to prize money totalling £325,000. They got knocked out in the FA Cup in what is on your database the 4th round proper but which is, I think, the 2nd round in "real world" terms. They played 1 game in the Conference Cup and played 1 game in the FA Trophy (4th qualifying round).

I am just wondering if the prize money for the FA Cup has been skewed in some way?

The database is a great effort! Just finished playing out my first season (started as Garforth Town, got sacked at Xmas and took over at Maine Road - Saved MR from relagation on the last day of the season and GT went down - Sweet!!)

Regarding the FA Cup, I know that you've not been able to properly name the rounds. Does this have a knock on effect on the prize money? The reason I ask is that I am noticing a lot of upper echelon non league teams (e.g Conference North/South) posting large profits due to "prize money" but looking at their fixtures, they don't seem to have done anything much out of the ordinary to justify such huge sums.

1 example is Solihull Moors - Finished 14th in Conf North and posted end of season profits of £140,000 boosted due to prize money totalling £325,000. They got knocked out in the FA Cup in what is on your database the 4th round proper but which is, I think, the 2nd round in "real world" terms. They played 1 game in the Conference Cup and played 1 game in the FA Trophy (4th qualifying round).

I am just wondering if the prize money for the FA Cup has been skewed in some way?

The database is a great effort! Just finished playing out my first season (started as Garforth Town, got sacked at Xmas and took over at Maine Road - Saved MR from relagation on the last day of the season and GT went down - Sweet!!)

It shouldn't do, I've got the same prize money on the rounds as in real life.

Thank you for providing an example, they shouldn't have got that much for getting to the fourth round (which is the second in real life). They should have won £69,500 for getting to that round so i don't know why it's increased. Regarding the Conference League Cup, there's no prize money for winning games and if they won in the FA Trophy, they would have got £4,000. What does it say on the prize money section of the rules on the cup competitions?

Thank you for the feedback. Good to hear you saved Maine Road from relegation, I know a bit about the team :)

It shouldn't do, I've got the same prize money on the rounds as in real life.

Thank you for providing an example, they shouldn't have got that much for getting to the fourth round (which is the second in real life). They should have won £69,500 for getting to that round so i don't know why it's increased. Regarding the Conference League Cup, there's no prize money for winning games and if they won in the FA Trophy, they would have got £4,000. What does it say on the prize money section of the rules on the cup competitions?

Thank you for the feedback. Good to hear you saved Maine Road from relegation, I know a bit about the team :)

Cheers for the reply.

There must be something about the Conf North/South teams that gives them comparatively loads of prize money - maybe it's something independant from your database? The only reason that this cropped up is that I'm subscribed to all of the leagues for administrative updates and during the pre season you get a news item when a club releases its profit or loss figure for the season. Most of the teams in my league (NWCL Prem) are recording losses as you would expect - level 11 teams are posting small profits (no wages to pay) - everything seems logical except that most if not all of the Conference North and South teams are making profits of £100,000 - £500,000 and the news items say that the figure is boosted by huge prize money amounts.

I should say that I've only played one season so far as I'm one of those saddo's who like to watch the matches in full so it takes me a while to get through a season. It might settle down a bit in seasons to come.

One strange thing to report. I'm in the North West Counties Premier. I seem to have got some inappropriate teams relegated and promoted to my league... e.g Garforth Town were relegated from the Northern Premier Div 1 North and are now in the NWCL when I think that they should have gone into the Northern Counties East League, Brigg Town relegated from NPL Div 1 South to NWCL Prem - again, I think geographically they are NCEL territory, Grimsby Borough promoted from NCEL Div 1 to NWCL Prem when they should have gone to NCEL Prem, Lincoln Moorlands Railway have jumped from NCEL Prem (finished 16th in previous season) to NWCL Prem as have Maltby Main (finished 11th in NCEL Prem in previous season and Retford United (finished 17th in NCEL). Of the teams promoted from NWCL Div 1 (Atherton Collieries, Atherton Laburnam Rovers and West Didsbury and Chorlton, both Atherton Collieries and West Didsbury and Chorlton have ended up in the NCEL Prem (incidentally, some leagues are reducing and increasing in size - NCEL Prem in game for 2012-2013 season contained 22 teams however, for 2013 - 2014 there are 3 teams less - only 19 - NWCL Prem had 22 teams for 2012 - 2013 but for 2013 - 2014 i have 24 teams in the division. I'm wondering if there is something broken in the criteria for allocation of teams between NWCL and NCEL premierships? I know that sometimes teams have to hop between divisions if they are on the borderline but I don't think that the above mentioned teams are what we would call borderline.

One last thing. The draw for the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup has just been made but I don't seem to have been in the draw. I'm level 9 in the pyramid so assume that I should have been especially as Maine Road had a 1st qualifying round tie last year in the game.

I'm not nitpicking and hope that you don't take this as criticism cos it's not intended to be at all. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case there is something wrong and fixable!

Cheers

** EDIT ** I've just read post No 72 in this thread and this probably explains the boundaries issue but I'm still wondering why the game didn't recognise that the NCEL was short of its full compliment of teams and transfer a couple of the extra NWCL teams back over or stopped itself from transferring Lincoln, Maltby and Retford over.

Cheers for the reply.

There must be something about the Conf North/South teams that gives them comparatively loads of prize money - maybe it's something independant from your database? The only reason that this cropped up is that I'm subscribed to all of the leagues for administrative updates and during the pre season you get a news item when a club releases its profit or loss figure for the season. Most of the teams in my league (NWCL Prem) are recording losses as you would expect - level 11 teams are posting small profits (no wages to pay) - everything seems logical except that most if not all of the Conference North and South teams are making profits of £100,000 - £500,000 and the news items say that the figure is boosted by huge prize money amounts.

I should say that I've only played one season so far as I'm one of those saddo's who like to watch the matches in full so it takes me a while to get through a season. It might settle down a bit in seasons to come.

One strange thing to report. I'm in the North West Counties Premier. I seem to have got some inappropriate teams relegated and promoted to my league... e.g Garforth Town were relegated from the Northern Premier Div 1 North and are now in the NWCL when I think that they should have gone into the Northern Counties East League, Brigg Town relegated from NPL Div 1 South to NWCL Prem - again, I think geographically they are NCEL territory, Grimsby Borough promoted from NCEL Div 1 to NWCL Prem when they should have gone to NCEL Prem, Lincoln Moorlands Railway have jumped from NCEL Prem (finished 16th in previous season) to NWCL Prem as have Maltby Main (finished 11th in NCEL Prem in previous season and Retford United (finished 17th in NCEL). Of the teams promoted from NWCL Div 1 (Atherton Collieries, Atherton Laburnam Rovers and West Didsbury and Chorlton, both Atherton Collieries and West Didsbury and Chorlton have ended up in the NCEL Prem (incidentally, some leagues are reducing and increasing in size - NCEL Prem in game for 2012-2013 season contained 22 teams however, for 2013 - 2014 there are 3 teams less - only 19 - NWCL Prem had 22 teams for 2012 - 2013 but for 2013 - 2014 i have 24 teams in the division. I'm wondering if there is something broken in the criteria for allocation of teams between NWCL and NCEL premierships? I know that sometimes teams have to hop between divisions if they are on the borderline but I don't think that the above mentioned teams are what we would call borderline.

One last thing. The draw for the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup has just been made but I don't seem to have been in the draw. I'm level 9 in the pyramid so assume that I should have been especially as Maine Road had a 1st qualifying round tie last year in the game.

I'm not nitpicking and hope that you don't take this as criticism cos it's not intended to be at all. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case there is something wrong and fixable!

Cheers

Thanks again for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

The prizes for finishing in the top 3 in each league is £10,000 (for winners), £7,500 (second) and £5,000 (third). But I don't think that should make them have profits of around £100,000-£500,000. How much losses are they making in your league and what's the profits like for Level 11 teams?

I've noticed that a lot, the North West Counties League/Northern Counties East League is very difficult to maintain in terms of regional boundaries, as Silsden are right on the boundaries of where one league starts and another ends. I agree that the teams you have listed should have stayed in the same leagues in the second season and thereafter. Regarding the divisions that have seen membership rise or fall, when I released the file at the start of the year minimum and maximum teams were not working in the leagues, but they are now. I've seen the same thing now. The only way I can fix this is putting the minimum and maximum number of teams to what they are for season 2012-13 on every league.

What I want to do though is, say with the NWC1/NCE1 (with their six relegations), is having two relegations and then the winners of the 6 feeder leagues go into a single-round league competition at the end of the season to determine which two teams get promoted. But this isn't possible in the editor unfortunately.

About the FA Cup, 20 of the (what should be 22) teams in the North West Counties League Premier Division enter the FA Cup. It's all done by random though, there's no specific criteria for entering the competition. Have a look at the other teams in your league to see if there are any other teams that didn't make the competition. You should be in the FA Vase though, as all 22 teams enter. But when you've got 24 teams in the league, I don't know how this will work.

I'm not taking this as criticism at all, it's good feedback :)

Thanks again for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

The prizes for finishing in the top 3 in each league is £10,000 (for winners), £7,500 (second) and £5,000 (third). But I don't think that should make them have profits of around £100,000-£500,000. How much losses are they making in your league and what's the profits like for Level 11 teams?

I've noticed that a lot, the North West Counties League/Northern Counties East League is very difficult to maintain in terms of regional boundaries, as Silsden are right on the boundaries of where one league starts and another ends. I agree that the teams you have listed should have stayed in the same leagues in the second season and thereafter. Regarding the divisions that have seen membership rise or fall, when I released the file at the start of the year minimum and maximum teams were not working in the leagues, but they are now. I've seen the same thing now. The only way I can fix this is putting the minimum and maximum number of teams to what they are for season 2012-13 on every league.

What I want to do though is, say with the NWC1/NCE1 (with their six relegations), is having two relegations and then the winners of the 6 feeder leagues go into a single-round league competition at the end of the season to determine which two teams get promoted. But this isn't possible in the editor unfortunately.

About the FA Cup, 20 of the (what should be 22) teams in the North West Counties League Premier Division enter the FA Cup. It's all done by random though, there's no specific criteria for entering the competition. Have a look at the other teams in your league to see if there are any other teams that didn't make the competition. You should be in the FA Vase though, as all 22 teams enter. But when you've got 24 teams in the league, I don't know how this will work.

I'm not taking this as criticism at all, it's good feedback :)

Profits for Level 11 teams were around £5k - £10k for the season. I think most teams at my level posted losses similar to mine which was £40k which is probably about right.

Ashton Athletic, Atherton LR, Grimsby Borough, Retford Utd and myself (Maine Road) have no FA Cup match - I can see the logic in myself and Ashton missing out as we are the two teams who finished the last season just above the relegation zone in 18th and 19th places so if it used a league position criteria it makes sense. Same for Atherton and Grimsby as they were promoted into the division. Don't know why Retford have missed out though. No worries!

Profits for Level 11 teams were around £5k - £10k for the season. I think most teams at my level posted losses similar to mine which was £40k which is probably about right.

Ashton Athletic, Atherton LR, Grimsby Borough, Retford Utd and myself (Maine Road) have no FA Cup match - I can see the logic in myself and Ashton missing out as we are the two teams who finished the last season just above the relegation zone in 18th and 19th places so if it used a league position criteria it makes sense. Same for Atherton and Grimsby as they were promoted into the division. Don't know why Retford have missed out though. No worries!

That sounds decent enough for a team at that level. I would like to see the losses a lot lower, but they might even themselves out over the next few years.

As Ashton Athletic and yourself were in the division the previous season, I can understand why you're not in the FA Cup (as they would be the two that miss out if the league remained at 22 teams). For Atherton LR, did they play in the FA Cup last year? As only 10 teams (out of 18) from the NWC1 get entered in the FA Cup. Retford United were part of the NCEP (which has the same amount of entrants as the NWCP) last season so that's probably why they didn't enter.

I'm currently going to test a min/max test with the same numbers for both to match how many teams are in that league at game start to see if it changes anything regarding the FA Cup/FA Vase and I'll report back.

Has anybody actually had there ground upgraded when moving up the leagues? I say this as I played a patch like this last year and I got to League 1 with a 1k capacity ground and the debts were huge!

Looking forward to starting again with this, good work Will.

Has anybody actually had there ground upgraded when moving up the leagues? I say this as I played a patch like this last year and I got to League 1 with a 1k capacity ground and the debts were huge!

Looking forward to starting again with this, good work Will.

I haven't seen anyone say if they have done. Since then though, I have put an extension capacity of 49950 on every Level 11 stadium that has a capacity of 50 so there is the chance of an extension to the current stadium. If there is enough demand, I'll release a new file with this included and the min/max of leagues to match the number of teams in the first season, as some leagues increase/decrease every year as seen above. Thank you for the feedback though :)

I looked on your website Will (great site btw) and I noticed you had to jig around where certain teams entered in the cups i.e Prem teams in 5th round, is this still the case? I ask this because on this article it says teams enter in the right rounds.

I looked on your website Will (great site btw) and I noticed you had to jig around where certain teams entered in the cups i.e Prem teams in 5th round, is this still the case? I ask this because on this article it says teams enter in the right rounds.
Thank you. Yes it is, they enter the right rounds, it's just the round names that are wrong. When I released the file, the custom cup stages weren't working properly, they are now and on my latest file I've got them working with proper names in the FA Cup/FA Trophy. It makes no difference to the game, but from a realistic point of view, I'd rather see six qualifying rounds rather than four.

Hey there, Ive just started using your file with my local team Borrowash Victoria. I must say a fantastic job you have done, all credit goes to you for this wonderful addition. Heres hoping I can take The Vics to the dizzy heights of the Premiership....... lol, well perhaps not but 1 or 2 promotions would be nice to see. I did however change their strip in game to what they wear for real. But ofc if anyone else is wishing to do the same then do so before you start a game as kits cannot be changed once a save is underway. At least I think you cant change them in the editor mid save, has to be a new game. Apologies if Im wrong on that one. Anyways I am sorry for posting this here now but Im struggling to get a response from anyone on this. Regarding Stadium packs, I have all stadium backgrounds from Prem down to level8 in the Pyramid, most impressive they are. I cant for my life though find any little stad packs to fill in the awful looking chairs on the club screen, matchday etc. I was wondering if you know of anyone whom may do this sort of thing. Failing that Ill have to make a few enquiries in the forums if I can find the right topic forum to do so that is. Anyway Will big thankyou goes out to you for this, awesome job, many thanks.

**edit** I am using the Steklo skin btw incase you know of anyone, I keep switching between that and Base FM2013 dark as they both have pros and cons.

Hey there, Ive just started using your file with my local team Borrowash Victoria. I must say a fantastic job you have done, all credit goes to you for this wonderful addition. Heres hoping I can take The Vics to the dizzy heights of the Premiership....... lol, well perhaps not but 1 or 2 promotions would be nice to see. I did however change their strip in game to what they wear for real. But ofc if anyone else is wishing to do the same then do so before you start a game as kits cannot be changed once a save is underway. At least I think you cant change them in the editor mid save, has to be a new game. Apologies if Im wrong on that one. Anyways I am sorry for posting this here now but Im struggling to get a response from anyone on this. Regarding Stadium packs, I have all stadium backgrounds from Prem down to level8 in the Pyramid, most impressive they are. I cant for my life though find any little stad packs to fill in the awful looking chairs on the club screen, matchday etc. I was wondering if you know of anyone whom may do this sort of thing. Failing that Ill have to make a few enquiries in the forums if I can find the right topic forum to do so that is. Anyway Will big thankyou goes out to you for this, awesome job, many thanks.

**edit** I am using the Steklo skin btw incase you know of anyone, I keep switching between that and Base FM2013 dark as they both have pros and cons.

Hi, thank you for the positive feedback :) I'm sure you'll be able to, would be great to see. Feel free to keep me updated on your progress. That's fine, I don't mind people making little edits like that, but should you release it, please do give me credit for my database. (I do mind when people release the update onto other forums without permission though)

Regarding your question, I don't know the answer to your question unfortunately, have you contacted TomDixon77 about it?

No worries, again thank you for the positive feedback :)

I have just sent Tom a msg regarding that matter.

Heres an interesting thing though, Ive downloaded a kit pack for nations. It shows 1 of Englands away kits (red one) but the home kit and blue away kit only show as a basic kit and not as it should do. Ive tried all sorts to get it to work to no avail (sigh).

Now then I read a post over on the FMBase forums, which basically tells me to go into the editor and select England as a nation and then click on the kits. So I load up editor, database, nations etc and in there was 2 home kits, I was told to delete 1 of these and it should remedy the problem. Obviously with doing that would mean a new game as kit altering doesn't seem to work mid save. (Sigh) so I decide to start a new game, load up your database, in readiness to start pre-season all over again with The Vics. ( PS I couldn't resist giving us a little more to spend on transfers and wages ;) )

So I load up the game and start afresh and come to the page where I decide on the league to start in and lo and behold the lowest league I can start in is Blue Square Bet North/South. This is where Im puzzled now. How come on my original Vics save (minus the England Kits) I can play as the Vics and yet on a new save I cant see all the other leagues. Strange. Anyways unless I can find an England kit pack to work, or just put up with their kit looking oh so basic, it looks like Im stuck for now.

Oh btw ive been having some fun loading up some decent backgrounds of the teams that play in the lower leagues and adding them to their club screens respectively. Alas Ive tried all sorts to get the stadiums to work on matchday but to no avail although as mentioned earlier I have contacted Tom and await his reply. Im wondering if tinkering too much with the editor can cause problems, I hope not because your database is awesome and really enjoying being able to play as my local team.

As regards uploading again, not a chance of that, its yours and yours alone, Im just thoroughly enjoying playing the lower leagues. Many thanks.

I have just sent Tom a msg regarding that matter.

Heres an interesting thing though, Ive downloaded a kit pack for nations. It shows 1 of Englands away kits (red one) but the home kit and blue away kit only show as a basic kit and not as it should do. Ive tried all sorts to get it to work to no avail (sigh).

Now then I read a post over on the FMBase forums, which basically tells me to go into the editor and select England as a nation and then click on the kits. So I load up editor, database, nations etc and in there was 2 home kits, I was told to delete 1 of these and it should remedy the problem. Obviously with doing that would mean a new game as kit altering doesn't seem to work mid save. (Sigh) so I decide to start a new game, load up your database, in readiness to start pre-season all over again with The Vics. ( PS I couldn't resist giving us a little more to spend on transfers and wages ;) )

So I load up the game and start afresh and come to the page where I decide on the league to start in and lo and behold the lowest league I can start in is Blue Square Bet North/South. This is where Im puzzled now. How come on my original Vics save (minus the England Kits) I can play as the Vics and yet on a new save I cant see all the other leagues. Strange. Anyways unless I can find an England kit pack to work, or just put up with their kit looking oh so basic, it looks like Im stuck for now.

Oh btw ive been having some fun loading up some decent backgrounds of the teams that play in the lower leagues and adding them to their club screens respectively. Alas Ive tried all sorts to get the stadiums to work on matchday but to no avail although as mentioned earlier I have contacted Tom and await his reply. Im wondering if tinkering too much with the editor can cause problems, I hope not because your database is awesome and really enjoying being able to play as my local team.

As regards uploading again, not a chance of that, its yours and yours alone, Im just thoroughly enjoying playing the lower leagues. Many thanks.

Once again, I can't help you with the kits unfortunately. I know there's two kits for England though, I don't know why. (Don't worry about that, it's not as high in the lower leagues compared to others)

Have you selected my database on the editor data files screen after choosing a database? I don't know why that's happened, not seen/heard that one before.

That's good to hear, I haven't got the time to find backgrounds for each club, plus most Level 11 teams play on a recreation ground so all pictures could look the same. I don't think it would, I've made a lot of changes to the editor and is working fine.

That's what I like too, being able to manage local teams. And as you go further down the pyramid, you get more local leagues.

No problem :)

Disaster, Ive had to do a reload and basically shift out everything and start again, I told you too much tinkering around with stuff would land me in trouble. Im not massively sure how the editor works tbh, I can change kit colours and stuff but then do I save and overwrite your file or save a new file? Also do I merge it with the database. This could be the key to me messing things up alittle.

Disaster, Ive had to do a reload and basically shift out everything and start again, I told you too much tinkering around with stuff would land me in trouble. Im not massively sure how the editor works tbh, I can change kit colours and stuff but then do I save and overwrite your file or save a new file? Also do I merge it with the database. This could be the key to me messing things up alittle.
You can either overwrite my file, or save a new, it won't make a difference. You can always download the original again if it doesn't work. You shouldn't have to do any merging unless you make a different file and then want to add it to another.

Right o, Ill give it a go. Im tinkering around with config.xml files atm adding in club overview backgrounds. Its easy enough to do thanks to copy and paste. Just rather a lot of them and having to keep changing the word 'team' to 'club' (groan)

Nightmare it is but that's me wanting to add immersion to the game.

Oh btw Tom replied to me just, unfortunately from what he has said for some of the lower league teams im gonna have to put up with the chairs, but its a small price to pay, Id rather be able to manage The Vics than start higher up in the league. Only other option I have is to use a diff skin. Trouble is steklo is so good and nice on the eyes.

Anyways thanks again mate and yea Ill update you as my season progresses.

**edit** Success at last, Ive managed to work out how to save on the editor, I was doing a 'save as' when I should have done 'save' only. If I could work out where the print screen shots go I could post a pic of my club overview screen showing our ground, well part of it and our club colours

***edit*** Oh no, that means I could end up changing all other kits ( in our league anyways to their rightful colours ) I don't half give myself some work to do. Ill probably do it 1 team at a time as my season progresses. Too much editing hurts the brain. But that typical me always tinkering around with the files of a game rather than playing the game.

***edit*** Just realised I cant change kits, would mean a new game. Shame folk at SI cant change that in the programming of the game where you can edit kits mid saves, oh well at least ive done ours.

Has anyone had issues with this before where Man Utd or another big club end up in the lower leagues after the first season? Had it before where they were in 4 divisions at one point.

Is it not possible to add a stadium pic to clubs this low down then?? I'm trying to do it for the vics too.

Sorted the logos, just doing the kits now

capturelyy.png

Dave its is possible to do this. With a lot of tinkering around with my game Ive added in stadium backgrounds to most of the East Mid Counties League now. It involves finding a decent pic on google, and editing the associated config.xml file. It helps to use the FM Editor program so as to gain the unique number associated with the respective club. This number you add in to the config.xml file you are editing. Its the same process as for the logos which it looks like you have managed to do. As for kits I use a shirt creator program that I downloaded off the FMBase forums to create the home and away kits.

*edit* the home/away kits on club screen you can add in mid game. Its the 3d kits for match engine where you have to start a new game for them to take effect.

**edit** as soon as I work out how to add a screenshot Ill post on here to show you

Dave its is possible to do this. With a lot of tinkering around with my game Ive added in stadium backgrounds to most of the East Mid Counties League now. It involves finding a decent pic on google, and editing the associated config.xml file. It helps to use the FM Editor program so as to gain the unique number associated with the respective club. This number you add in to the config.xml file you are editing. Its the same process as for the logos which it looks like you have managed to do. As for kits I use a shirt creator program that I downloaded off the FMBase forums to create the home and away kits.

*edit* the home/away kits on club screen you can add in mid game. Its the 3d kits for match engine where you have to start a new game for them to take effect.

**edit** as soon as I work out how to add a screenshot Ill post on here to show you

Cheers becks. I know how to do it, as proved by the fact i've got the logos working, but the stadium pic just doesn't show up for some reason..

Don't forget the stadium has a different unique number to that of the club

Ah, that's my issue then. Thing is though on a superpack of stadiums I downloaded the IDs in the config file are just the clubs ID's ?

In any case the game with this update is too slow. I have an i7 quad core with 12gb of DDR3 ram and it's too slow for my liking so doubt i'll bother..

Ah, that's my issue then. Thing is though on a superpack of stadiums I downloaded the IDs in the config file are just the clubs ID's ?In any case the game with this update is too slow. I have an i7 quad core with 12gb of DDR3 ram and it's too slow for my liking so doubt i'll bother..
Remove news subscriptions from all leagues/cups etc and set the detail level to none and it should go quicker.

Hi, I know alot of questions about the game being slow has been answered, but for those who are affected, I just like to know how slow it is? Because my game has been loading for 15-20mins after I started in day one, and I just closed the game as I figured it can't be that slow? I'm starting unemployed so I will always apply for any jobs and then set to holiday mode. Thanks!

Hi, I know alot of questions about the game being slow has been answered, but for those who are affected, I just like to know how slow it is? Because my game has been loading for 15-20mins after I started in day one, and I just closed the game as I figured it can't be that slow? I'm starting unemployed so I will always apply for any jobs and then set to holiday mode. Thanks!
If you do start as unemployed and enter holiday mode, it does go slower than normal, can take me a few hours to complete a half season (from February to May/June time). But, if you were to manage a team, it would go quicker. Another way of speeding up the loading process is not having players in playable teams. It'll mean you have to make a squad, but I think that would add to the challenge.

If you do start as unemployed and enter holiday mode, it does go slower than normal, can take me a few hours to complete a half season (from February to May/June time). But, if you were to manage a team, it would go quicker. Another way of speeding up the loading process is not having players in playable teams. It'll mean you have to make a squad, but I think that would add to the challenge.

Ya most of the teams I saw have no players in it, which doesn't really bother me. After a team hires me the game goes alot smoother. Thanks for this, I can't imagine how much effort you have put in it!

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I have gone to download it, and the file just comes up and won't open. Do I need a tool to open/extract it or something? It is a new laptop, so I haven't downloaded any software like that. I'm on the very annoying Windows 8 too, if that helps. Just went to the stupid App store and it never came up with anything (not that I would know how to search or use anything on there anyway). Hate Windows 8.

Ah, done it now, much easier than I remembered. Windows 8 did the extracting for me. Lovely Windows 8 :smiley:

Is there any reason you have altered the reputations of the English leagues, and put the levels of the lower divisions so high? Level 11 is 55, and the Swedish cup is only 60, it seems a little unrealistic.

• 1 month later...
Are you going to do the promotions/relegations for the new season ??
I'm not going to be releasing any more files on here, but you can add promotions/relegations for 2013-14 if you want. If you release the file, please credit me for the original database.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived