Sports Interactive Community
paulgerty

[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

Sorry, I've been slightly confused by the original post,

2. Toronto's Academy team has been removed and Burlington added. These changes have been made in the USA file to avoid ID clashes. Data changes to the Canada file may result in problems with the USA file, most likely the NASL or USL Pro will stop functioning.

Does that mean that I can''t select both files, or that I can but there'll be problems?

Had a problem running the latest version with V50's Caribbean Megapack. All the American leagues, including the MLS freeze after the 2012 season. I've holiday'd to 2014, and there hasn't been any new match fixtures since the final day of the 2012 season. The rest of the leagues loaded (Caribbean leagues and the CFU Club Championship) are running fine.

Hi paul, before all I must say thanks for your work, it's very well done.

I'm just having some problems:

-the name of some leagues disappears (ncaa leagues in this case) http://i40.tinypic.com/2z7e59j.png

-a lot of ncaa teams change property in the first season

Man, what a database!! One question before I officially start - does this have real 2013 MLS fixtures? I'm somewhat of a realism freak

It does not have the 2013 fixtures.

For those who want NYCFC in MLS, you have to understand that there is a lot of hard coding with MLS and the US league structure in general. If you touch MLS in the editor, it means the Super Draft and probably the All-Star game won't happen. Further more, I'm pretty sure that the PDL (and in the case of this file the NCAA) will stop generating players. And I know in past version it was almost impossible to get domestic transfers to work properly when MLS was edited.

Hi paul, before all I must say thanks for your work, it's very well done.

I'm just having some problems:

-the name of some leagues disappears (ncaa leagues in this case) http://i40.tinypic.com/2z7e59j.png

-a lot of ncaa teams change property in the first season

Most likely you are running an editor file other than my own, unfortunately this will lead to the issues shown in your screenshot.

It does not have the 2013 fixtures.

For those who want NYCFC in MLS, you have to understand that there is a lot of hard coding with MLS and the US league structure in general. If you touch MLS in the editor, it means the Super Draft and probably the All-Star game won't happen. Further more, I'm pretty sure that the PDL (and in the case of this file the NCAA) will stop generating players. And I know in past version it was almost impossible to get domestic transfers to work properly when MLS was edited.

I've been so busy lately I haven't looked at NYCFC for over a month. I have a bare bones file with them in the MLS with conferences and new nation rules (meaning MLS teams would generate youth players). Draft obviously doesn't work but All-Star seems to still work. Maybe in the next few days I'll get some time to look at this, I haven't even opened FM now for a while, never mind the editor.

Most likely you are running an editor file other than my own, unfortunately this will lead to the issues shown in your screenshot.

thank you for the answer :)

I tried to use only your file but the results are the same, I'll try to not use neither lnc files (the files that modifies competitions' names).

Anyway the names disappear only when I load the saved game, before I visualize them correctly.

Edit: I just did a lot of tries (I deleted every adjunctive file) but I have the same problem

Sorry to be a pain but when will the new version be released?

An update on this, I've just come to my first Supplemental Draft and the same thing is happening.

joLGHHy.png

Instead of the College players that are being drafted by every other team on the right hand side, I am able to pick up older re-entry players who have not renewed their contracts. Notice the difference in ages between the drafted players on the right and the list of players I can choose in the centre.

Pd7VaBE.png

Here I've asked my assistant who recommended a regen with the last name Polak. I've sorted the list of players I can draft alphabetically by surname and the recommended player clearly isn't in my list.

I wonder why this keeps occurring, I'm not running any other editor files in this save either. If it persists I may have to take my skills to Mexico or some place where there are no drafts!

Edit: Just gone through the Superdraft again, whilst everyone else is drafting my picks I can only see the supplemental draft list. Even the calendar that shows when you continue the game states 'supplemental draft' on the day of the Superdraft occurring.

Same issue to me too

For some reason after the second season there aint any fixtures being loading anyone else having this problem?

For some reason after the second season there aint any fixtures being loading anyone else having this problem?

What division are you playing in? Also, are you using any other data files?

I wouldn't expect it. Getting MLS to work properly with 20 teams is a pain in the a$$. I've been trying to do it recently and I can't get it to not set up the playoffs at the game startup.

What division are you playing in? Also, are you using any other data files?

I am playing in the PDL and this is the only data file i am using...

Had a problem running the latest version with V50's Caribbean Megapack. All the American leagues, including the MLS freeze after the 2012 season. I've holiday'd to 2014, and there hasn't been any new match fixtures since the final day of the 2012 season. The rest of the leagues loaded (Caribbean leagues and the CFU Club Championship) are running fine.

You got further than me - can't even load the leagues without a crash! It's likely we have overstepped each other in edits -most likely trinidadian players playing in the U.S.

Will this be out for FM14 when the game releases or at least have it down to NPSL?

Probably, it depends on when I get the game itself and how much time I'll have.

In anticipation of the release of FM14, I'd be curious to know what experience people had playing this edit, specifially if you started a career in one of the lower leagues in the US. Did you eventually get offered a job in the MLS or in any other national leagues?

Loved this edit! The NCAA added a great experience in scouting before the draft. At one point I followed a "college freshman" until he hit the draft and then drafted him. Made for a much more realistic experience. I did have a few issues playing a lower level manager however, all of which I don't think can be attributed to the edit:

1. Managing in the NCAA, my team was "active" way before any games, and I got tons of training injuries months before any games. My guess is it was using some offseason setting from the upper leagues?

2. Barely any manager sackings in the lower leagues made it hard to "move up" from an NCAA job

3. For some reason NCAA teams would hold on to guys, so they would have rafts of players that were 26 and ineligible.

I really think the new feature in the editor that allows you to set a team as "always amateur" will be great for NCAA teams.

In anticipation of the release of FM14, I'd be curious to know what experience people had playing this edit, specifially if you started a career in one of the lower leagues in the US. Did you eventually get offered a job in the MLS or in any other national leagues?
I played a PDL save and did get some MLS offers. I can't recall how long it took to get them but my saved went to around 2035

Now that the editor is out I'll see what can be done to recreate the file and improve on any issues. I'll be able to add extra MLS rivalry cups, e.g. I think Montreal and Toronto should have one.

It looks like the issue of overage players remaining on teams will still be a problem

All academy division teams will generate youth players so should help with more US regens, I will probably put NCAA as one big division again so that all college teams generate youth players.

I'll see what can be done with the season dates for NCAA so if preseason dates etc can be altered.

awesome! Will be getting this when it comes out for sure! The overage players thing is annoying but not a gamebreaker. Most of the overage players I saw wouldn't make it in another level anyways

Hey Paul I had a good time with this on FM13....thank you so much........as for results ( as info, I keep/make the rosters as close to the real life rosters).....I made it thru 14 games with my NJ Red Bulls......last place only 3 wins at the time......Sigi Schmid who had been fired the same week I was, took over and ended up winning MLS Cup!!.......Red Bulls finished under .500 yet via our lousy playoff system found there way to the top........now to the good stuff.......I also played the Rochester Rhinos and the NY Cosmos......ROCH finished 2nd to Orlando City....and I lost in the final to Orlando City.......NY Cosmos won the Autumn league and defeated Carolina Railhawks in the Soccer Bowl..........so in the end perplexing why NJ Red Bulls were so bad (must be my tactics! :-) ) and how Rochester was so good (must be my tactics !) :-)

This interests me greatly. When released I might add real players and give a set PA and CA level for them just to make it more "real"

Would love to have a career from NCAA to MLS.

When released I might add real players and give a set PA and CA level for them just to make it more "real"

This would be awesome! Also to have more "real" youngsters in the game.

I think most players would have low PA apart from a few. Most rosters are on the team websites.

This is of course if the maker is fine with it.

Also, is this available to play on FM14? I know some FM13 files work on 14 just wondered if this would.

Also, is this available to play on FM14? I know some FM13 files work on 14 just wondered if this would.

Because the US system changes so much every year, such as with expansion teams joining different leagues etc, its not possible.

Having added all teams down to and including NCAA, I've run into a problem with crashes on 1st Jan which I'm trying to identify. The problem also happens with a simple rules from a blank database, in basic rules or advanced so I've reported it to SI and hopefully they can help.

when this is released would I be able to delete the NCAA without any problems to the mod? I much rather have my drafted players come from the PDL since top college players play there in the summer. If not, would making the PDL active to unlock NASL and USL PRO screw up the PDL?

Is there a way you can add just down to NPSL for now?

I haven't tested it extensively yet but if I'm having crashes with a simple file then I'd rather get to the bottom of that before I do anything else.

paulgerty, I can't wait until this is ready to go for FM14. I loved last year's version.

The only issue that I had was that the NCAA produced way too many good players - a long term game would see USA become too good. I think the facilities of (some) universities should be lowered down instead of a flat 15 all around.

This was epic I had a few bugs at the start but got them ironed out and had so much fun so hopefully it can be converted to fm14

The only issue that I had was that the NCAA produced way too many good players - a long term game would see USA become too good. I think the facilities of (some) universities should be lowered down instead of a flat 15 all around.

Good suggestion. I've already given lower ratings to smaller NCAA teams and higher to the best teams. I wanted to have the winner of the NCAA Champtionship be more realistic, so I was hoping that the better teams should get better quality regens and therefore be stronger.

If SI manage to get back to me with a solution I'll be able to test how this works.

Paul shoot me a DM. Your inbox is full so I can't message you.

I will be collaborating with Aljarov this year to help prepare a more detailed and complete US/NCAA file.

As there are problems with editing the USA, as demonstrated by the number of people reporting issues, there may not be any release until these problems have been resolved.

Orlando City & New York City join MLS (2015) could someone knock up a file have them join in 2015 not too fussy if lose the mls rules