Sports Interactive Community

Given the recent transfers of players like M'Villa and Remy, does anyone else think it might be time to look at the transfer values in game?

Yeah, they need to make it more likely to sign players for reasonable fees. Sure, a lot of players should still be expensive, but it does seem that players from French clubs seem to be a lot cheaper than they should be IRL

With the case of Yann M'vila he is out of favour with the club and management, Loic Remy is just coming back from injury and doesn't really feature into Marseille's plans any longer.

With the case of Yann M'vila he is out of favour with the club and management, Loic Remy is just coming back from injury and doesn't really feature into Marseille's plans any longer.
yes, both are in practice what in game terms would be: transfer listed by request

The majority of players prices in fm13 are so over priced it's untrue, the most basic average player is like 4m let alone if you want to buy them. Especially brazilian players playing in brazil.

The trouble is you're asking the game to simulate the change in real life circumstances e.g., just a year ago there was talk of M'Vila going to arsenal for #20m+ and just because he's now leaving for less it doesn't make the game any less realistic. The fact this guy is always in trouble and has a reputation for enjoying a night out and getting into trouble, I think he's gone because they've had enough.

Players do fall out of favour in FM, and you can usually knock a lot of a players price by unsettling him, making him want a move. If a player is on top of his game and has a long contract he's going to cost a lot of money. If he's unwanted and listed for sale, you're going to get him much cheaper. I actually think too many good players are transfer listed or released for free in FM13. I've seen: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ribery et al all just leave and go to other big clubs.

The majority of players prices in fm13 are so over priced it's untrue, the most basic average player is like 4m let alone if you want to buy them. Especially brazilian players playing in brazil.

Do you think players prices and wages are going up or down IRL?

Its true, the Remy and M'Vila prices are low because they are very much out of favour.

In FM, players who are out of favour and transfer listed can be bought for prices similar to those involved for the above players, perfectly realistic.

Equally, players who want to leave but who the club don't want to leave (essentially - even if not exactly - transfer listed by request) are available for a lot more than their worth - Zaha for £15-20 million, peerfectly realistic.

The game is fairly accurate to real life. Just because the particular transfers aren't mirroring the real life ones doesn't mean its wrong. It also comes down to whether they are home grown or not. Remy £8M, Sturridge £12M. British players are always going to be overpriced and over hyped. Realistically Zaha is a £5M player but will probably sell for £10M plus. This is one area where the game is spot on. I find it hard buying British players when I get better foreigners cheaper.

A player is only worth what you are prepared to pay. If you think a club is asking over the odds for a player, simply cancel negotiations.

The best thing to do is unsettle players by making bids and using interactions to tell the media you are interested in them. Chances are they will hand in a transfer request and you can get him for a more realistic price.

I always target players a month or two before transfer windows open so I have a bit of time to unsettle them.

I don't think it is that unreasonable for the game to simulate a real life change, after all it was only a few seasons ago that Tevez started "out of favour" at Man City. I wasn't asking that they predict these changes but asked whether now it is clear that it is very easy to tempt players away from French clubs for much lower than they are valued that this should be mirrored in the upcoming patch.

Also a player is not worth what you are prepared to pay, they are worth what SOMEONE is prepared to pay. In this case the computer often shells out 20mil on these players which we can now see is not representative. Yes you can unsettle the player and lower their price but with high profile players like this the computer will simply pay more than you.

I don't think it is that unreasonable for the game to simulate a real life change, after all it was only a few seasons ago that Tevez started "out of favour" at Man City. I wasn't asking that they predict these changes but asked whether now it is clear that it is very easy to tempt OUT OF FAVOUR players away from French clubs for much lower than they are valued that this should be mirrored in the upcoming patch..

I'm pretty sure there are some players at french clubs that would cost a bucket.

Also it will depend on the rep of the player I guess. At St. Johnstone I bought a 21 year old French international CB from Lorient for £5 million. Didn't feel too excessive to me

I think the problem is that the game fails to acknowledge that players outside of England are generally a lot cheap cheaper unless they are real world class players. I think with these two players i can understand why they are cheaper. As said previously, one was out of favour and other is in very poor form and has been injured. In the game i had to spend £40 million for M'villa. That's just way over priced whether the club want to sell him or not. There is not a big problem with transfers but the game makes you buy players not for sale for terribly unrealistic fee's if they are half good

I think the problem is that the game fails to acknowledge that players outside of England are generally a lot cheap cheaper unless they are real world class players. I think with these two players i can understand why they are cheaper. As said previously, one was out of favour and other is in very poor form and has been injured. In the game i had to spend £40 million for M'villa. That's just way over priced whether the club want to sell him or not. There is not a big problem with transfers but the game makes you buy players not for sale for terribly unrealistic fee's if they are half good

There is loads of value in the continental market, teh past few years have shown that. However FM seems to follow the EPL school of thought when it comes to stupid transfer fee's.

The problem is that FM was, understandable, implemented with Europe on focus. The South American leagues work in a way that the transfers to Europe work in a reasonable realistic way, and that is it. There is no model for the local market workings, so we play with a Brazilian League working as a Brazilian EPL, for example. You will never see on a FM13 game the number of players having mutual terminations as we have on Brazil, or so many clubs starting a season with a first team filled almost exclusively with new signings, what is common on the Brasileirao. There is no contract clause stating that the club may release a player without paying a compensation if he fails to meet the club expectation, what is standard to any player that is not a hi-rep player.And so on. As I have said, there is no South American market modeled in the game.

I've not experienced many problems until recently when looking for a left back. 4 recent targets looked good but nothing worth breaking the bank over. Each of their clubs were commanding well over £20M for them. These players were valued around the £5M mark each and were approaching their mid 20's. Not wonderkid's and all playing for very average sides. Huddersfield being the most notable and are consistently a Premiership relegation battling team. They turned down a bid of £18M, which a team in their situation and for a player like this should not be happening.

I've not experienced many problems until recently when looking for a left back. 4 recent targets looked good but nothing worth breaking the bank over. Each of their clubs were commanding well over £20M for them. These players were valued around the £5M mark each and were approaching their mid 20's. Not wonderkid's and all playing for very average sides. Huddersfield being the most notable and are consistently a Premiership relegation battling team. They turned down a bid of £18M, which a team in their situation and for a player like this should not be happening.

For me IRL for some odd reason English clubs overprice all their home-nation talent. Why? It's not like other leagues are queuing up to buy all the young British players.

I dont see any issues in the game, I constantly been able to get out of favour quality players for cheap

Just signed Coquelin for 5.5 mil (at the end of my 4th season), I got Butland for 4 (by the way is he any good on anyones game)

And have some way of improving the transfer of Brazilian teams? Giving a face to most South American game?

For one thing I dislike a lot in football manager is the lack of signings in the South American market impact, I'm from Brazil and here the teams played good hire within the serie A, now what happens in the game are hiring junior or then very weak players, this could improve!

And have some way of improving the transfer of Brazilian teams? Giving a face to most South American game?

For one thing I dislike a lot in football manager is the lack of signings in the South American market impact, I'm from Brazil and here the teams played good hire within the serie A, now what happens in the game are hiring junior or then very weak players, this could improve!

I dont see any issues in the game, I constantly been able to get out of favour quality players for cheap

Just signed Coquelin for 5.5 mil (at the end of my 4th season), I got Butland for 4 (by the way is he any good on anyones game)

With the greatest respect to coquelin and butland I wouldn't consider them top players and as such you can unsettle them and not get pipped by the computer.

Another player this was a problem with in the past was Hugo LLoris, In game they would want serious money for him but he ended up making a rather unremarkable move to Tottenham for about 10mil (i think) I'm also pretty sure he was not out of favour at Lyon given he is Frances number 1.

In all I think the game focuses too much on making it so you can't buy whoever you like, which doesn't really seem to be the case any more IRL, where a fairly minor EPL team like QPR can lure players from top teams. I'd like to see future versions of the game focus more on the team building and settling of players once they were bought rather than making the transfer the tough part.

With the greatest respect to coquelin and butland I wouldn't consider them top players and as such you can unsettle them and not get pipped by the computer.

Coquelin had spent 2 years with me seasons 2 and 3 on loan so was a quality player and wasnt Butland touted for stupid transfer fees in the summer

I have noticed that players that have been transferred listed by request, or unhappy or in reserves , go for more money because there transfer status, always says: how important to the club they are, when they should say , not needed more of the time , then maybe a lower transfer fee.....or am I way off the mark

Players that demand to be sold are listed too high to be honest, Damiao is still stuck in Brazil, his asking price was 50mm pound one year into the game after requesting a transfer, he is now 30 years old and still asking for a move, but now listed for 24mm.

I have noticed that players that have been transferred listed by request, or unhappy or in reserves , go for more money because there transfer status, always says: how important to the club they are, when they should say , not needed more of the time , then maybe a lower transfer fee.....or am I way off the mark

Transfer listed by request means the player has forced the club into putting him on the market, but they don't want to sell... so no, the player is right to be marked at important.

Players that demand to be sold are listed too high to be honest, Damiao is still stuck in Brazil, his asking price was 50mm pound one year into the game after requesting a transfer, he is now 30 years old and still asking for a move, but now listed for 24mm.
Has he been playing football all this time? If so then his club are right to be setting a really high fee for him, as if he is under contract and playing football then they have no need to lower his price, unhappy or not.

Only possibly unrealistic issue is if he agreed a new contract at some point, but remember he might not have been unhappy for the entire time, just at times when you checked on him, or he could love his club so much he doesn't want to leave on a free. If he had been unhappy when he signed, then maybe a problem, but the problem is not the price, unless he was in reserves and not playing.

ok thanks, that clears up the transfer status question...

Transfer listed by request means the player has forced the club into putting him on the market, but they don't want to sell... so no, the player is right to be marked at important.

Transfer values in this FM are sick. Especially for youth players. For example in real life ten days ago Hannover bought Andre Hoffmann, one of the 2.Bundesliga biggest talents for 800 000€. In FM Duisburg doesnt even want to hear about selling him when he's young. And now, when he is 25 year old in my save, has low CA, and isn't even important first team player, and they still want 2,5 million € for him. In real life Juventus offered 4 million € for Llorente, to join them this winter (his contract expire in june 2013), but in FM it is impossible to buy him for any reasonable fee, even though his contract is expiring, and he doesn't want to sign new one.

The game is fairly accurate to real life. Just because the particular transfers aren't mirroring the real life ones doesn't mean its wrong. It also comes down to whether they are home grown or not. Remy £8M, Sturridge £12M. British players are always going to be overpriced and over hyped. Realistically Zaha is a £5M player but will probably sell for £10M plus. This is one area where the game is spot on. I find it hard buying British players when I get better foreigners cheaper.

Agreed, SI should spice things up by allowing options for 'illegal' approaches, I.e. contacting players behind the clubs back, agreeing some terms and then the player asking for a transfer request. This is how most transfers are actually done.

Depends on when you buy them, andy Carroll or Fernando Torres all over priced, clubs hold the power because of the period in which clubs wanted to buy these players, £35M carroll, £50M torres...would not sell for that now....

Has he been playing football all this time? If so then his club are right to be setting a really high fee for him, as if he is under contract and playing football then they have no need to lower his price, unhappy or not.

Only possibly unrealistic issue is if he agreed a new contract at some point, but remember he might not have been unhappy for the entire time, just at times when you checked on him, or he could love his club so much he doesn't want to leave on a free. If he had been unhappy when he signed, then maybe a problem, but the problem is not the price, unless he was in reserves and not playing.

That is exactly what I said about South America market not being modeled in FM.

This is not how it works down here. There is a saying in Brazil about football: "A player plays wherever he wants". Because is nigh on impossible to hold a player against his will on Brazil. If the club play hard it may hold the player for a season or two, at most, but simply cannot hold a player for a long time when a player wants to move.

I think transfer values are ridicilous from Blue Square Premier down! I have enquired and scouted a few players from clubs in BSBN/S and lower and clubs are wanting £50k+ for players and IRL most players at this level move for a pack of balls and a few training bibs! Makes it hard to play Lower League games and they are the games i enjoy the most, just need this little issue sorting out as it has been like this for years

Agreed, SI should spice things up by allowing options for 'illegal' approaches, I.e. contacting players behind the clubs back, agreeing some terms and then the player asking for a transfer request. This is how most transfers are actually done.
that is illegal and for obvious reasons haven't been a part of the game.

the press options to talk about players are the closest thing to this and if you play it well (admire a player a few months before you want to sign him, declare interest in signing him, then endorsing the player) you can get players to force their way out of the club