Sports Interactive Community
peterb93

I want FM to run faster and be able too run more leagues any ideas?

Im currently running this system

Intel Core2 Duo E4400 processor

Asus P5B motherboard

2GB DDR2 memory

ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics card

I know its an old system but it plays FM13 ok except its slow processing.

Ive looked into upgrading the CPU and Memory but its gonna cost me over £100 and give me no upgrade path.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system that will run about 10 leagues as playable and the rest of the leagues and non playable and with a large database fast.

By the way its gotta be as cheap as poss maybe about £350 max.

have you tried the readyboost option that windows gives you when you insert an SD card in your reader? It's like adding some additional RAM, since it's faster than paging to your HD helps a little bit, I've been using it for a while and it helped my old pc performance.

You can google gamebooster and try if it changes anything for you. It kind of shuts down everything that's running in the background and not needed when playing games.

£350 would easilly get a good laptop(computer) to run what you want,i've roughly double your specs right now and run about 15 countries and about 30 divisions.

Even your current computer should be able to run it too though.

CPU is the daddy when it comes to speed. I just bought a cheap laptop but it has an I5 processor, everything else, memory etc is the same as my old laptop but it runs FM13 a million times faster. Used to take me 2 days of play to get through a season on my other laptop, now I am running the same database (40000 players) and currently have a broken leg so had a full days play today and managed to blitz through 3 seasons so far. With 40k players loaded up I get a computer performance rating of 5 stars and a speed rating of 4 stars with my I5 chip.

£350 would easilly get a good laptop(computer) to run what you want,i've roughly double your specs right now and run about 15 countries and about 30 divisions.

Even your current computer should be able to run it too though.

No, it won't. Desktop and laptop components are not comparable in that way. £350 on a desktop will get you more performance than £350 on a laptop. A lot more.

how do you overclock your system and what exactly does that mean? ive heard doing this helps a lot but never got round to trying it?

If you don't know what you're doing, don't try it. Especially on older components, the chances are you'll break the components.

currently have a broken leg so had a full days play today and managed to blitz through 3 seasons so far.

Horse? Cow? No, I smell... Bull.

The processor upgrade will definetly speed up the game. (I suggest i5)

More ram is essential considering its very cheap now a days.

Your graphics card is reasonable.

Well, that is nearly impossible to believe if you actually spend some time managing your teams. I guess if all you do is sign players and avoid pep talks, talking to you team members, holding coaching meetings, etc, then I guess it's possible. But I've spend straight hours straight on the game (key highlights only) and never got through a season in one sitting. The offseason alone probably takes me four or five hours. I agree though. Just buy a 350 Pound (apologies, I don't have the English symbol on my keyboard and don't feel like looking up the code for it) laptop and it will assuredly run faster. I bought my laptop four years ago for $1300 and it still runs the game fine. I too would like to add a few more leagues (I think I have six running right now), but my system only has 4gb of RAM and a dual core processor that each processor runs at 2.13ghz. I imagine the average 350 pound laptop has system specs better than that now days.

Well, that is nearly impossible to believe if you actually spend some time managing your teams. I guess if all you do is sign players and avoid pep talks, talking to you team members, holding coaching meetings, etc, then I guess it's possible. But I've spend straight hours straight on the game (key highlights only) and never got through a season in one sitting. The offseason alone probably takes me four or five hours. I agree though. Just buy a 350 Pound (apologies, I don't have the English symbol on my keyboard and don't feel like looking up the code for it) laptop and it will assuredly run faster. I bought my laptop four years ago for $1300 and it still runs the game fine. I too would like to add a few more leagues (I think I have six running right now), but my system only has 4gb of RAM and a dual core processor that each processor runs at 2.13ghz. I imagine the average 350 pound laptop has system specs better than that now days.

I was playing in the Swedish lower league by the way, no cup games or European matches and my first 2 seasons has only 22 games in each due to the size of the Swedish lower leagues, add to that nobody wants to sign for me so that meant transfers and scouting players was not really an issue and I use the same tactic every game.

Now I am in the top division and my team has finally turned pro meaning players will now sign for me I have been messing about for the last 3 hours just in pre season.

The 3 seasons in a day was just to give an example of how processor speed makes a big difference over everything else when it comes to FM13. My 400 quid laptop flies through days instantly with the click of a button, but on my old laptop I had to wait a few minutes each time I wanted to advance the game.

I am not taking the ****. I am 34 years old and past making up stuff on forums to look good. And forget about RAM, 4gb is plenty and adding more will make no difference to FM.

Here is the laptop I bought, you can check the specs. I get 5 star performance rating on FM with this.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g6-2210sa-15-6-laptop-red-18093445-pdt.html

Im currently running this system

Intel Core2 Duo E4400 processor

Asus P5B motherboard

2GB DDR2 memory

ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics card

I know its an old system but it plays FM13 ok except its slow processing.

Ive looked into upgrading the CPU and Memory but its gonna cost me over £100 and give me no upgrade path.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system that will run about 10 leagues as playable and the rest of the leagues and non playable and with a large database fast.

By the way its gotta be as cheap as poss maybe about £350 max.

you should get a way better computer than this junk :D