4-1-2-3 formation tweaked Mr Hough best 3 strikers formation!!

After losing out on the title to Bayern by three points in my first season with Dortmund, I thought I'd give this tactic a try. I've just finished my second season and won the treble - First division (P34, W29, D3 and L2), German cup and Champions League. I accrued a record breaking 90 points, 24 ahead of Bayern, and scored 99 goals in the process. In all competitions, Lewandowski scored 44 goals this season and Andre Schurrle got 33.

What can I say? Awesome tactic. Give it a try!

Which tactic do you use, the original or the update underneath it?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which tactic do you use, the original or the update underneath it?

It's simply called Thaskin and I'm pretty sure it was the one from the original post. After clearing up at Dortmund, I've gone to Benfica to break Porto's vice like grip on the league. They're gonna be Thaskinned!

I would like to ask something about the classic tactic. Why instead of having the same options as you have in FM13, you have those arrows that show defensive mentality and so on? Why is it like that? Is the tactic created with FM12 or why?

you can try and set your wide strikers man marking the opposite fullbacks. In that way they will track back when the opposition have the ball and the tactic will be a 4-5-1 when we defend and 4-3-3 when we attack..I have not tried this tactic yet cause I am in mid-season and don't want to have some bad results until my team get used to the tactic but I will definitely try it on a new season or a new save. But when I play with three strikers, this is what I do and it really works well defensive, especially in away matches :).

I would like to ask something about the classic tactic. Why instead of having the same options as you have in FM13, you have those arrows that show defensive mentality and so on? Why is it like that? Is the tactic created with FM12 or why?

sorry i dont really get it what r u asking.

you can try and set your wide strikers man marking the opposite fullbacks. In that way they will track back when the opposition have the ball and the tactic will be a 4-5-1 when we defend and 4-3-3 when we attack..I have not tried this tactic yet cause I am in mid-season and don't want to have some bad results until my team get used to the tactic but I will definitely try it on a new season or a new save. But when I play with three strikers, this is what I do and it really works well defensive, especially in away matches :).

thanks man! will defo try that!

sorry i dont really get it what r u asking.

Okay let me show you with images then. The first one is the new tactic (you can see all options for playing position, such as f.x. for a full-back you have wing-back and full-back, and you can select from a small dropdown menu the mentality (defensive, attacking, support, automatic).

i35on5.jpg

The second tactic, which is the classic one, doesn't allow you all these options. Instead you have all those arrows that show the defensive mentality and you can't have a striker, for example, be Inside Forward, Attacking Forward, Complete Forward or Target Man.

t53c6f.jpg

Okay let me show you with images then. The first one is the new tactic (you can see all options for playing position, such as f.x. for a full-back you have wing-back and full-back, and you can select from a small dropdown menu the mentality (defensive, attacking, support, automatic).

i35on5.jpg

The second tactic, which is the classic one, doesn't allow you all these options. Instead you have all those arrows that show the defensive mentality and you can't have a striker, for example, be Inside Forward, Attacking Forward, Complete Forward or Target Man.

t53c6f.jpg

ah haa got it. yup the classic tactic was created from the previous Fm which been passing from previous Fm games up till now. So when we load the classic tactic and we build the tactic from there, hence the arrow and stuff where u can only find it with classic tactic.

The new tactic wizard is simpler than the classic tactic, which i think will be more easier to create for most of the people. and we can use shouts too.

What do you guys think about changing between different tactics from game to game? Is this a problem as long as the team is fluid in all aspects of both tactics? I start thinking of creating a tactic for away games besides this one, which is fine, but not perfect. How do you go about that?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having mixed results with this tactic... its good for home games but tend to leak goals... playing wth Dortmund. Like most here, I love Mr Hough's tactics esp the one with 3 attackers, that is why i am trying this tactic....

his original tactic (for FM2012)also seem to be a tad inconsistent...

http://i.imgur.com/Q4S1AEh.png

When I secured the title 4 games from the end of the season, I fielded my youth team against Liverpool and lost 6-1, so you can basically remove one defeat and 6 conceded goals.

I also won the Community Shield, Euro Super Cup, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Champions League and Club World Championship, so basically all the titles you could possibly win.

And my strikers were the 3 top scorers of the league, Lukaku as the center striker had the most, followed by Hazard and Cavani who play left and right.

Anyone still using this tactic? i started a new save with arsenal. good 1st season. overhauled my team for the 2nd season. bought almost new player for each position except keeper, walcott, wilshere, cazorla. Pre season seems fine since i played against very low reputation teams.

but when the season starts, i cant get results that i want. i bought very good players available around including neymar and falcao! so i thought my tactic no longer works on the latest patch, so i decided to try others' tactic. still no result. half way through the season, around end of december, i tried play with my tactic again and BOOM! it works like a charm.

so i guess, your players need to really know each others before they can play well with the tactic. ( i have no problem with my previous save with dortmund since i rarely change my line up even after 13.3.3)

i working a little bit on my tactic to improve it for the latest patch. i hope i can come out with something. dont give up people since i almost did! ;)

I tweaked a little bit, give it half season to properly suits my team. i started my pre season with team cohesion (very high) and def set pieces for match training.

i won treble in my 2nd season with arsenal (which i had a mix results for the 1st 4 months looking for a suitable tactic, before went back with my tactic).

v2uxld.png

and this is the new link :

http://www.mediafire.com/?07b7o31kmtz2zsv

* make sure to ask the left and right striker to man mark opponent right and left fullback respectively.

Archived