Pre-Contracts

I would like to help you, I just dont have the slightest idea what you could mean?

When the player is in the last 6 months of their contract, the option "Approach to sign" will appear, next to where you can normally make an offer.

Then you negotiate just as if you had had a transfer offer accepted.

Exceptions to this are, I believe, between 2 English clubs (you and the player's current club) above a certain level, in which case you must wait until the last 6 weeks of the contract.

But what were you wanting to know?

That is exzactly the information I was looking for, sorry for asking in a confusing way, I was under the illusion that the "approach to sign" option would infact be called "offer a pre-contract". But yeah you have answered my question simply by informing me that the option appears during the last 6 months of the players current contract. Thank you for your help.

The term "pre-contract" is specifically meant for young players on youth contracts who have agreed to sign fully professional deals at some point in the future.

The term for any player who has a contract expire (or signed to a new club on the expiry of his contract) is a "free transfer" :)

Archived