The Better Half's ** Split 451**

Sorry but your tactic is crap!Just got thrashed by Atalanta.First shot on target in the 43 minute.The squad is the original Juve's plus Nani and Llorente.The morale is pretty high too.

Maybe you're not a good FM player

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I tried to download it but it did not pass my antivirus program. Anyway, you dont have to prove anything, I believe you. My point is that not all tactics suit all players and managers, the way one picks and rotate the players, the man management etc.

I'd love to know how people are getting the results they're getting with this tactic.

Seems to fit the players I have perfectly (Everton, 2nd season, Fellaini gone, replaced with M'Villa, Kirchhoff, Kiyotake and Anderson brought in) but I'm getting absolutely hammered consistently.

Any advice much appreciated

Well except if my game is broken, then i don't see another reason for it.

Bad morale, not familiar with tactics yet, picking players not suited for it +++

Could be many reasons. I haven't tried the tactics myself, but since others have great success with it the tactic is obviously not crap or useless like you claim.

Not one tactic is winning on my FC Utrecht at the moment, losing all games the last minute or drawing against very low teams.. I won the league in my first season with just 2 buys (Hiljemark and Adryan). Sold many players, so that might be the wrong thing.

Im using this the last few games, 1-2 loss against barcelona, where I was better (7 CCC's and more chances overall). I'll keep you posted.

Too many conceded goals, too many yellow cards. Does not really work for my Basel.

I'll keep trying as I like the formation.

Yeah, these 2 things go hand in hand. If the players and the squad struggles with the approach, they will get caught out of position, getting frustrated etc, all resulting in lots of cards. Lets see if things turn for the better.

Btw, what kind of MR and MC are you using. Are they defensivly good enough or are you using weak players with great technique ?

I usually play Marcelo Diaz at MC and Anthony Vanden Borre at MR, simply because they're the most well-rounded players for this position on my squad. I do have more defensive (Cabral) and offensive (Hleb, David Degen, Fabian Frei) options.

My first elven:

GK: Yann Sommer

DR: Philipp Degen

DC: Radoslav Kovac

DC: Aleksandar Dragovic

DL: Sebastian Boenisch

DM: Cabral

MC: Marcelo Diaz

MR: Anthony Vanden Borre

AML: Valentin Stocker

AMC: Aliaksandr Hleb

SC: Michy Batshuayi (waiting for Jan Chramosta to cure his injury)

A decent team I'd say.

This is the best tactic around! Have started several saves with my favourite team in Portuguese second league (media prediction 17th out of 22) with the most successful tactics in the forum. Altough having finnished champion with at least 2 other tactics, I always scored and suffered lots of goals! With this one I have not yet finnished the season but with 19 games (played 23) to go I'm sitting on top 15 points clear of second, and with a fantastic 54-7 goal record. I tend to use left side version on one half and right side version on the other. I feel it really confuses opposition. Have had quite a few matches where I had very weak first halfs, then change it, and end up winning 3-0, 4-0, etc.

I was never a big fan of your tactics in past versions, but concerning 2013 I have to say: Well done TBH, top work!

do you place your striker as a target man as its ticked, and is the amc your playmaker ?

The Target man is not ticked to use as far as I know of. The playmakers box is ticked and set to " none" to make sure that the AMC is NOT chosen by default. No Target man or playmaker are used.

Yes, it is! But for me the most annoying ME problem is the winger's runs at the end line concluded with stupid shots with impossible angles, instead of assisting the 2 to 3 team mates inside the box, that just sit there waiting for the clever pass that never comes...

To make it even more unrealistic about 50% of this stupid shots at goal actually go in!!!!

TBH, this tactic looks very promising indeed albeit early days within my current Spurs save. I'm currently using this tactic, Zero Sea 7 and Brau's ST less formation as my three trained tactics with a view to keeping things fresh and the AI on their toes!

I can see such promising movement and momentum with this tactic and cannot wait to be fully gelled! KUTGW :thup:

TBH, this tactic looks very promising indeed albeit early days within my current Spurs save. I'm currently using this tactic, Zero Sea 7 and Brau's ST less formation as my three trained tactics with a view to keeping things fresh and the AI on their toes!

I can see such promising movement and momentum with this tactic and cannot wait to be fully gelled! KUTGW :thup:

Sounds great. Loking forward to hearing some feedback from you.

Can you give training pic?

Training is a feature I use to develop and form my players. If I was to manage your squad, I would not set it up the same way as I do in my current save so its pointless for me to put up a screen. After all, my training also differs depending on what team I use and I have plenty of saves

If a player gets sent off (usually my DM or FB), which position up front would you take out to replace the carded player?

And great tactic TBH.

It depends on the score in the game and the opponents formation.

Sometimes, if the opponent is flooding the midfield, I don't use a AML but instead, I put the AMC into AMCleft and the DL in WBL.

Sometimes, I don't use a DMC but instead drop down the AMC into MCleft.

Sometimes, If the opponent play really attacking and pushes up, I use a 451 with MC, MC, AML, AMR and drop the mentality of the pushed up DMC so it's the same as the MCRight

All this is with the " normal" formation so if using the "mirrored", AML means AMR , DL means DR etc.

Hello tbh, I'll test your tactic, as you put this team?

Mandanda, rafael, vidic, ferdinand, evra, carrick, xavi, nani, rooney, iniesta, van persie.

as were their positions?

Looks good but consider this..

Nani as a MR or ML: He is **** in defending so in tough away matches, I would use Valencia any day

Van Persie & Rooney. Here, you can easily play them as a FC and a AMR/L as both positions are great for players that likes to "comes deep to get ball". In the AMC position however, that ppm is not that great if the FC has it to.

Training is a feature I use to develop and form my players. If I was to manage your squad, I would not set it up the same way as I do in my current save so its pointless for me to put up a screen. After all, my training also differs depending on what team I use and I have plenty of saves

Hello tbh, I save with the new man utd, I'm buying the players according to the attributes that you indicated, I will soon put 11 players.

Apart from getting one brilliant world class DMC/MC, yhou dont need more players for it. One hint on the way, dont use Rooney & RVP as the FC-AMC partnership as BOTH have the ppm " comes deep". Best to use them as AML and FC then.

hi

just trying your tactic with Arsenal , things didn't start great , lost 3-1 at home against a Liverpool but will continue with it as my team are currently in a bad patch , I have Fellaini as the DM , should he be ok there?

Also who would you suggest as the striker , I have Giroud there but want to get maybe someone new in January , should I look for someone who can play the advanced striker role well?

cheers

Apart from getting one brilliant world class DMC/MC, yhou dont need more players for it. One hint on the way, dont use Rooney & RVP as the FC-AMC partnership as BOTH have the ppm " comes deep". Best to use them as AML and FC then.

Game debut for Man City lost out 3-2. Soon I will put the 11 players.

tbh this are the 11 players, what do you think?

GK - De Gea

FB - Evans

Stopper - Vidic

Cover - Ferdinand

WB - Rafael

DMC - Thiago Silva

MR - Pjanic

MC - Raul Meireles

AMC - Van Persie

AML - Modric

Forward - Rooney

Hi

Anyone know what sort of player I should be using in the amc position , Corzorla has been playing there but when he gets the ball he does not know what to do with it and ups getting closed down and either loses the ball or has to attempt a back pass , Wilshire is still coming back from injury but maybe will try him unless its not suited to either player?

tbh this are the 11 players, what do you think?

GK - De Gea

FB - Evans

Stopper - Vidic

Cover - Ferdinand

WB - Rafael

DMC - Thiago Silva

MR - Pjanic

MC - Raul Meireles

AMC - Van Persie

AML - Modric

Forward - Rooney

LIke I answered earlier, dont use both an AMC AND a FC that likes to come deep to get the ball.Other than that, it looks good

Hi

Anyone know what sort of player I should be using in the amc position , Corzorla has been playing there but when he gets the ball he does not know what to do with it and ups getting closed down and either loses the ball or has to attempt a back pass , Wilshire is still coming back from injury but maybe will try him unless its not suited to either player?

I like to use a AMC/FC rather then a TQ, someone that likes to get inside the box and knows how to score

tbh, defender on the left, he's the cover?

Like in the screenshots, he is not ON cover, but one should use one that is ebtter suited for that, just like using a players better suited for the stopper role in the DCright. If using the mirrored version, its the other way around

Also remember that yuour team will need time to gell. All of your 5 midfielders including RVP are new :D

LIke I answered earlier, dont use both an AMC AND a FC that likes to come deep to get the ball.Other than that, it looks good

ok thx, I will continue testing the tactic once you arrive in January, maybe put new transfers.

Like in the screenshots, he is not ON cover, but one should use one that is ebtter suited for that, just like using a players better suited for the stopper role in the DCright. If using the mirrored version, its the other way around

Also remember that yuour team will need time to gell. All of your 5 midfielders including RVP are new :D

'm using to cover Ferdinand, Phil Jones is reserve.

ok thx, I will continue testing the tactic once you arrive in January, maybe put new transfers.

Just be carefull with the transfers. If you decide to build a new team, it will take some time and this should always be done with the next years in mind so dont expect to win the CL with many new transfers

Just be carefull with the transfers. If you decide to build a new team, it will take some time and this should always be done with the next years in mind so dont expect to win the CL with many new transfers

Hello tbh, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, while 7 wins, 3 defeats in the league, tottenham 3x2 man utd, man city 3x2 man utd, man utd 0x1 Chelsea.

the tactic is already 100% fluid.

'm using defensive positioning in training.

help me please. thank you

Archived