Sports Interactive Community
RorysRocketThrow

Who's gone back to FM12?

Firstly, this isn't meant to be a post that unconstrucively slates FM13. I just wondered who has gone back to FM12 and why?

Personally, I have as I haven't enjoyed FM13 as much as any other release. Put simply, I don't enjoy Classic mode, as I feel it's too much stripped out and the UI doesn't quite feel like FM to me and I don't like the feel of the main game - dislike the Scouting system and screens and dislike the feel of the Match Engine (whilst appreciating what work has gone into it).

Has anyone else followed a similar path and why?

I have toyed with FM13 but ultimately stuck with my FM12 save for now as don't want to commit too much time until the ME is more stable (I only get a few hours a week). I agree with you on the Classic mode, it's a really good idea but I find it a bit too dumbed down. Hopefully the next Classic mode may well cater for people that love FM's previous versions and just want a quicker running speed and opt in opt out system for scouting, training etc. With it's display FMC looks perfect for the FIFA/PES generation that get bored easily. Sheesh, I sound old.

Yep. Tried three times to get into FM13. Manchester United. Western Sydney Wanderers. Portsmouth. I didn't get past more than a handful of games. So I've gone back to my Dafuge Challenge save. Will stay with it, will get my new stadium and see how far I can go with them.

It's rubbish. Complete garbage across the board. Match engine. Scouting. Transfers. AI. Board AI. Training is an abomination. It's FM12, made worse, with a ridiculous UI change to boot.

I'm playing a save with the Bloods, not doing so well really, I hate the muddy field, but I'm not yelling my players all the time.

I think what I miss the most about FM13 in FM12 is the quick player report in the tactics screen (when you click a player and it gives you the best players for that position)

Absolutely not. FM13 has a better look and feel about it and the ME is vastly superior,not only in variation of movement but also in terms of smoother graphics. FM12 stuttered on my PC but FM13 is ultra-smooth. The only real fault in FM13 is the same one that has been present in all other versions namely the weak and therefore pointless media interaction engine.

I'm playing both.

As soon as FM13 pisses me off, I quickly shut it down and load FM12 instead.

Who are they?

Droylsden in BSN, I started unemployed and they offered me a job, I really prefer their nickname, and that's how I always think of them hehe

never stopped playing FM12 downloaded the demo of 13 and overall it looks better but the ME doesnt get my vote so i have carried on with my carear game, still looking into the possibility of getting 13 later on in the year

I'm with Streety- I didn't enjoy the demo, so didn't buy. It actually wasn't the ME that turned me off, just disappointment with the development (or lack thereof) of other parts of the game. It won't colour my judgment of FM14, that'll get a fair go and hopefully be more to my taste.

Me.

I try 13 every day for a bit. Right now I'm in a save where my next game is a CL at home against juventus (I'm united).

Today, I've started the match, rusty old 4-2-3-1 loaded (they are highly proficient) with rooney on top and Kagawa behind him (as ofcourse, the ME decided to break RVP for the second time this season and for the second time in an international game even though he is on 45" rule, &%$%#!!!1)

So Bale runs up from the baseline (against instructions) doesn't pass but cuts in towards the center (even though he is a winger, and instructed to do otherwise), and finally, within the box, passes to Kagawa who is CCC just around the pen spot. Kagawa, obviously puzzled by the intrigueing situation, decides to stop playing alltogether and have a good lookaroud who is available for yet another backpass.

By now, I am ready to kill again.

Anyway, since good Sinji, obviously not proficient enough to be anywhere near old trafford, finally spots carrick running up from the defenseline, he decides to pass it to him, even though Rooney was actually there all the time behind his left, ready to take the pass and score.

Foam now eminates from my mouth corners.

Anyway. Sinji, obviously a friendly man, decides to make the pass to Carrick slow enough to not trouble Pirlo too much in taking it over from him. Pirlo, obviously in line with his physical state, doesn't decide to play a killer pass to the already running strikers as he would probably do in real life, but intead starts running towards the united box. Right through the middle. Carrick probably has tickets for his current run, because he finishes it, runs to kagawa, hands over the baton, and runs back towards Pirlo. Who is far into the opposing half by now.

I already know what's going to happen now. I put my face in my hands playing out the following events in my head before they happen.

Pirlo makes an excellent pass to a choice of two totally free strikers, who are carefully being monitored from a distance by my defenders, who in stead of run, take some sort of easy nordic walk towards the goal. The Pirlo shot passes them by at half speed, is then being picked up by a Juventus player who actually takes the shot, and scores in a dramatically brilliant and smooth fashion. Not like I usually do, either straigt into a defender, and picking up the rebound, straight into the next defender. Or somehwere near the corner flags.

My jaws tighten. I look at the clock. We're 3 minutes into the game.

Game cuts out after the replay. When we get back. De Gea is about to shoot the ball towards the Juventus goal. Or thereabouts. In stead, he slowly shoots it towards Rafael. Rafa, again kind of shocked by this round leather thing rolling towards him, is actually a bit scared. He runs away from it, makes up his mind and walks back, only to find a guy in black and white running past him like his name is Usain Bolt. This man, in contrary to my side, is obviously more accustomed to handling a round leather item like this and dribbles right up to de Gea and scores.

De Gea, always know to break the ice in awkward situations like this, decides to drop on the floor in the general direction of the Juventus striker.

I look at the clock. We're eight minutes in to the game. I press ctrl-alt-delete and kill the fm process as I can't bear the small wait involved with clicking the 'x' and the subsequent windows notification that the game has stopped working and if I want to restart the program or close it.

I play a bit of minecraft then. Never let me down. Indie game, small budget, made by one guy and his maid. Ugly but it works. And only a fiver back then. When cooled down, I play 12.

Having started a new game with latest ME patch I became somewhat disenchanted with dribbling, long shots, lack of through balls etc and have given up completely until I see how next ME patch is received/performs via forums. Impressed by early experiences on FM13 and way ME going but dissappointed with knock on impacts of recent patches. Once FM13 issues fixed I am sure it will be better than FM12 so I am not playing FM12 any more and waiting until FM13 "fixed". Normally by this stage I would be well into long term career save (on FM12 I only started two saves....) - have started new career game at beta and each successive ME update in FM13 and hope that I can finally "get into" an enjoyable long term career save shortly after next ME patch.....Fingers crossed

Im still playing FM12. Ive tried playing 13, but I really cant get into it... Hopefully when the game ME gets update, as well as the transfers then I'll give it another go. At the moment Im more than happy with 12 :)

Didn't get FM12 because I was still getting a lot of value from FM11. Loaded up 11 for a look a few days ago and was nearly sick, you can really tell how the 13 ME is far superior, even in it's current state.

Thinking of firing up FM12 again, I do enjoy FM13, but I have an quality save with Stade Rennais and Wolves on FM12 so I often find myself harking back to them.

TBH this is the first time in all the FM's (since FM07) that I have thought about going back to a previous game. I dont know why so, but FM12 was just a blinder of a game.

I'm playing both.

As soon as FM13 pisses me off, I quickly shut it down and load FM12 instead.

lol sounds like me

I went back to FM11 (don't own FM12). I like winning. I do, however, miss playing with a more current database.

I have toyed with FM13 but ultimately stuck with my FM12 save for now as don't want to commit too much time until the ME is more stable (I only get a few hours a week). I agree with you on the Classic mode, it's a really good idea but I find it a bit too dumbed down. Hopefully the next Classic mode may well cater for people that love FM's previous versions and just want a quicker running speed and opt in opt out system for scouting, training etc. With it's display FMC looks perfect for the FIFA/PES generation that get bored easily. Sheesh, I sound old.

What he said..except the being old part :-)

Me.

I try 13 every day for a bit. Right now I'm in a save where my next game is a CL at home against juventus (I'm united).

Today, I've started the match, rusty old 4-2-3-1 loaded (they are highly proficient) with rooney on top and Kagawa behind him (as ofcourse, the ME decided to break RVP for the second time this season and for the second time in an international game even though he is on 45" rule, &%$%#!!!1)

So Bale runs up from the baseline (against instructions) doesn't pass but cuts in towards the center (even though he is a winger, and instructed to do otherwise), and finally, within the box, passes to Kagawa who is CCC just around the pen spot. Kagawa, obviously puzzled by the intrigueing situation, decides to stop playing alltogether and have a good lookaroud who is available for yet another backpass.

By now, I am ready to kill again.

Anyway, since good Sinji, obviously not proficient enough to be anywhere near old trafford, finally spots carrick running up from the defenseline, he decides to pass it to him, even though Rooney was actually there all the time behind his left, ready to take the pass and score.

Foam now eminates from my mouth corners.

Anyway. Sinji, obviously a friendly man, decides to make the pass to Carrick slow enough to not trouble Pirlo too much in taking it over from him. Pirlo, obviously in line with his physical state, doesn't decide to play a killer pass to the already running strikers as he would probably do in real life, but intead starts running towards the united box. Right through the middle. Carrick probably has tickets for his current run, because he finishes it, runs to kagawa, hands over the baton, and runs back towards Pirlo. Who is far into the opposing half by now.

I already know what's going to happen now. I put my face in my hands playing out the following events in my head before they happen.

Pirlo makes an excellent pass to a choice of two totally free strikers, who are carefully being monitored from a distance by my defenders, who in stead of run, take some sort of easy nordic walk towards the goal. The Pirlo shot passes them by at half speed, is then being picked up by a Juventus player who actually takes the shot, and scores in a dramatically brilliant and smooth fashion. Not like I usually do, either straigt into a defender, and picking up the rebound, straight into the next defender. Or somehwere near the corner flags.

My jaws tighten. I look at the clock. We're 3 minutes into the game.

Game cuts out after the replay. When we get back. De Gea is about to shoot the ball towards the Juventus goal. Or thereabouts. In stead, he slowly shoots it towards Rafael. Rafa, again kind of shocked by this round leather thing rolling towards him, is actually a bit scared. He runs away from it, makes up his mind and walks back, only to find a guy in black and white running past him like his name is Usain Bolt. This man, in contrary to my side, is obviously more accustomed to handling a round leather item like this and dribbles right up to de Gea and scores.

De Gea, always know to break the ice in awkward situations like this, decides to drop on the floor in the general direction of the Juventus striker.

I look at the clock. We're eight minutes in to the game. I press ctrl-alt-delete and kill the fm process as I can't bear the small wait involved with clicking the 'x' and the subsequent windows notification that the game has stopped working and if I want to restart the program or close it.

I play a bit of minecraft then. Never let me down. Indie game, small budget, made by one guy and his maid. Ugly but it works. And only a fiver back then. When cooled down, I play 12.

You are Rob Brydon and I claim my signed Tom Jones CD!

I take that as a compliment but by no means will i take any responsability for Gavin & Stacey. :D

Every now and then I start a new season. Then 2 months in, I have 6-7 players injured (I've tried light schedules, rest, high schedules... my players are rested enough, that's for sure), and rage quit.

I have played well over 150 hours, and have only finished one season, and that was right before the first patch.

I love the game, there's great game design here (<3 the concept of FMC), but terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, execution. I can deal with brain dead players, and the godawful ME, but this isn't Football Manager. This is Match Engine Manager.

Sadly enough, FMH feels less stupid than the PC version. At least I still have substitutes midway through a season...

I remember 10-15 years ago, people that made reviews put ample time on testing. Games like "Sin", who were absolutely amazing, but crippled by bugs, would get destroyed by reviewers that actually cared.

Nowadays we have games like this one, that come out unfinished (I doubt anyone that got the game on release will argue with me on this) and score 86% on metacritic, games like diablo 3 that... plain suck, but since reviewers don't play past nightmare, they never get to see why.

A few years back, Pro Evolution Soccer was, by far, the best football game ever made, and eventually FIFA stopped sucking, and nowadays is just as good, if not better.

Maybe someday we'll get the management game players deserve. In the mean time, I'm not buying new FMs until the last patch is released. It'll be better for my mental health.

I'm with Streety- I didn't enjoy the demo, so didn't buy. It actually wasn't the ME that turned me off, just disappointment with the development (or lack thereof) of other parts of the game. It won't colour my judgment of FM14, that'll get a fair go and hopefully be more to my taste.

That's very much me. I deleted all my FM12 files a few months ago to take a break before FM13. I wasn't overwhelmed by the demo and monitoring this forum disinclined me to purchase the game. Eventually I re-fired up FM12 and started a new save. I'm loving it and will happily continue until FM14 is ready. I expect many issues with FM13 to be ironed out for the next edition. First time I've ever skipped an annual release, actually.

For the first time i went to a previous version. I started a new save with FM12 and downloaded a good update for season 12/13. I was enjoying FM13 until the 13.2 patches. I dont understand how they can mess things up so bad and im figuring it will take a while before they get the ME back on track. So now im enjoying FM12 until then.

Yep, I have. Miss FMC and the role/duty comparison features. Dont miss the ME issues. Sure FM12's ME was not perfect but it was more "fun" to play and my tactical changes seemed to make a noticable difference - not always positively. FM13 feels too detached & random. Was I just expoiting the FM12 ME?, dont care. Is letting a player with drib 20, longshots 20 shoot long and/or dribble over 10 times per game embracing the FM13 experience? - again, dont care, not my idea of R&R (which is what I use FM for)

Also have a CM0102 save game on the go!

Having started a new game with latest ME patch I became somewhat disenchanted with dribbling, long shots, lack of through balls etc and have given up completely until I see how next ME patch is received/performs via forums. Impressed by early experiences on FM13 and way ME going but dissappointed with knock on impacts of recent patches. Once FM13 issues fixed I am sure it will be better than FM12

I’m mhaffy on this except I have gone back to an old FM12 save. I was enjoying FM13, imperfect though it was, but I can’t put up with it in its current form.

I don’t understand the SI out of hand rejection of rolling back to before the hotfixes in late Dec. If it’s technically unfeasible then fair enough but if not it’s just arrogance and indifference to the gamer.

I went back to FM12. Spent hours updating the database and its been worth it. Thoroughly enjoying my FM time

I am really attached to my FM11 save, whereas I never really felt that with my FM12 save. I am sort of getting into my 13 save. I play 11, 13, 12 in that order.

I still give FM13 a run out, but prefer FM12 and have even thought about just sticking with FM11 for a couple more years. I must admit that FM13 is the first one I have regretted buying.

That's it I can't play this game anymore, each patch I have to reconfigure my tactics, as the opposition start playing like Barcelona and my strikers play like Torres, I have seen players with 9 rating take long shots and free kicks and still score while my 15-16 smash them over the bar. I am a veteran of FM but this incredible, each patch so far has made it impossible to play, so going to wait till next patch to try again and see if its still the same....

After playing FM13 for a few days I gave up with the new ME, uninstalled it and went back to 12. I have to say though that 13 does look far better and runs smoother. I have now decided to run both flicking from one to the other as each annoys me.

I find it amazing that SI thought the ME on 13 was ready for release. Surely the frictionless pitches was the first giveaway that something wasn't right?