Please rate my tactic for Chelsea

I'm very much a casual gamer when it comes to FM and have always just downloaded tactics since i'm kind of a spaz when it comes to creating them. I deciding to have a good read of guidetofootballmanager.com and give it a go myself. This is what i have come up with so far.

ibyv79.jpg

106j5l2.jpg

I haven't played a game yet and i was hoping to get some feedback first before i did.

The main thing im not sure of is what roles/duties to give to my CM's. BWM seems obvious for Ramires but i was really unsure of who to partner him with and what role to give them.

Also, i'm not sure whether i should be using short or direct passing with any given strategy. My plan at the moment is Control against tougher teams and Attack against weaker teams.

Anyhoo, any feedback on any part of my setup would be most appreciated.

Thanks

No-one can give you feedback until you've actually played a game and know how it plays etc. Anyone who even attempts to before hand is just guessing.

No-one can give you feedback until you've actually played a game and know how it plays etc. Anyone who even attempts to before hand is just guessing.

Surely fundamental errors in setting up a tactic with all the combinations of roles and duties and styles would still be obvious to someone with more knowledge and experience than me?

to start with your central midfield players will leave you with a huge gap in midfield when you lose possesion i would expect you would get into trouble quite often on the counter attack.

BWM's press all over the pitch and a attack duty for a cm will see him roaming forward looking to get involved in attacks leaving you exposed in defense because i assume your fb's will push on a a fair bit too, and beleive me playing a high line with JT is suicidal!!

You would be better off to play through and WATCH the friendly games and judge for yourself where the gaps appear or not and tweak from there. Better to come back on here with some positional stats etc from match analysis so the guy's on here can advise you better as well mate :)

I see no wrong in this formation but I would change style and roles. But this is just a personal preference. Perhaps have a more balanced structure, employ a ball playing defender (Luiz)/blocker (Terry) combo; have Lampard as a deep lying playmaker and Mata as a advanced playmaker or trequartista; Torres as a deep lying forward or complete forward. There are many ways where you can get the best of the players. I agree with Cleon. You must play some games in order to have a better knowledge of your team and the game. The tactic only isn´t enough because you can use the shouts and they can change your style of play. If you like a play a possession game, retain the ball, pass to feet and work ball into box can do the trick. But if you want to attack you probably need more pace and have the ball forward, pass into space, push higher up can do this for you.

Surely fundamental errors in setting up a tactic with all the combinations of roles and duties and styles would still be obvious to someone with more knowledge and experience than me?

Personnaly i would use a fluid/counter approach 4231

Cech-GK D

Ivanovic/Azpi- WB S

JT- CD D

Luiz- CD D

Cole- WB A

Ramires _ CM D

Lamps- DLP S

Moses- IF A

Mata- AP A or S play around with this one :)

Hazard- IF A

Torres- DLF S

See if you can sign ayew or hamsik as long term replacement for Lampard, pick up BA for 7.5m or look at Neymar for silly money

Short passing, press more, but be sure to get nice balance between closing opp down without def line being too high for Terry

Roles ended up like so..

112h0g6.jpg

First competitive game ended up like this...

zkhfnn.jpg

ei8ryd.jpg

Things i noticed..

1) Terry just round around like a headless chicken leaving the defence open.

2) Tevez and Aguero waltzed through the middle of defence was ease

3) Dzeko killed us in the air with 7 key headers.

4) We created 0 CCC's and one half chance.

5) City had THIRTY ONE shots at goal and created 4 CCC's

6) Two of city's goals came from corners.

I dont really know what to do about my defensive line. Control and Attacking strategies play a high line and in another thread by Cleon he advises not to alter sliders. Neither Terry nor Luiz are especially quick so i dont know if i should be playing a different strategy or altering the defensive line slider.

There's probably lots more but im really pretty hopeless at tactical analysis and even less so at trying to fix things.

Very important you dont panic after one game. City are very good too so no shame there. To be honest i think a counter approach will suit far better than many others as the pace in attack mixed with intelligence and creativity lends to great oppertunity's to play to Hazard and Mata's (your best playyers) strengths by allowing them more chances to exploit spaces.

I have found so far that opponents defend very deep and get men behind the ball making it very difficult to play through and attacks tend to be wasted with useless long shots. This is why i found that a deep lying striker with a support duty backed up by attacking inside forwards help to create space in behind 2 centre halfs who tend to follow your striker into the hole allowing your inside forwards space to cut inside into the space left which also drags full backs inside allowing your wing backs the oppertunity to come and join attacks and help pin them back. I am convinced Hazard would excel in this kind of approach and trust me Moses is better wide than oscar who i would use as a rotation option with Mata and Lamps as he can play both roles. Just feel his strenghts are waisted out wide

Unless you have superior player and is on good form, 4231 denmark doesn't work too well on Man City's 4231 narrow. Usually in the first few season against Man City you want something with a few DMC and play narrow to clog up space while passing up the flanks. Once I got a solid team together I play 4231 denmark like you and take the risk of trying to win the ball back at their defensive line.

Archived