Unemployed 25 year old female manager seeks club for LTR.

KajsaS

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the SI forum and hoping to begin a career starting as an unemployed ex Sunday League footballer.

A little about me, I am 18 (Starting as 25 on my FM career), female and have played Football Manager in it's various iterations for years and have always thought about doing a sort of "mini blog" about my career on here but always decided against it, well now I have a little free time so hopefully we can share an interesting journey and see where things take us.

I am running with all leagues and all players loaded, thankfully my computer can handle it even if it can be a little slow, YouTube and Netflix will hopefully keep me sane during long load times.

I have no preparations for this and nothing done ahead as I type this I am looking at this screen..

hrndj5.jpg

Now, to get applying for jobs, I love that "Apply all" button, without it, I would be here all week!

78 applications sent out, lets see who's willing to take on an untested, inexperienced, female manager.

I've never been much of a blogger or writer, so I'm sure there are hundreds of better FM stories out there, but hopefully this will get better over time.

I'll try to keep things updated as much as I can, hopefully daily.

I've never been much of a blogger or writer, so I'm sure there are hundreds of better FM stories out there, but hopefully this will get better over time.

I'll try to keep things updated as much as I can, hopefully daily.

Don't let that worry you. You are probably a damn site better than you think, but besides, it is not about that. Since I joined this forum 15 months ago, it has been very welcoming and encouraging.

Win, lose or draw, it really doesn't matter. :)

Time to sift through the various job offers with you guys..

Most of my offers are from Norway and Sweden with one from the Republic of Ireland, one from Portugal and one from as far away as Argentina.

Lets start with the lowest paid and my least likely destination..

10sf7ua.jpg

Tiny Irish team Athlone town, I don't know much about them but doubt I'll be going to Ireland today.

Next up us..

dokv88.jpg

Selånger, a team in the Norwegian second division, can't say I know much about them but Norway could be a decent destination.

25p6csy.jpg

Sollefteå GIF from the Swedish Second division, would be nice to start at home!

wtes13.jpg

Next up is Randaberg from the Norwegian second division.

32zi79s.jpg

Now we're looking at Mirandela from Portugal, as much as I'd love the weather, after having a look at their team, it may not be the best idea!

2ihlavm.jpg

Frigg, from Oslo, not a bad offer, high up on my list for sure.

121wjzn.jpg

Vidar, also from Norway, another decent offer as well!

5z2sli.jpg

Ålgård is next, slightly improving on the previous offer from Vidar.

mtqm54.jpg

Østsiden this time, yet another offer from Norway and so far, the best yet!

And last...and by far and away the best offer so far...

f5d66d.jpg

Defensa y Justicia from all the way over in Argentina! Much better wage for me, some fairly good players (For the Argentine second tier) and a little money to spend! Unfortunately being as pale as I am, I may need to spend the entire transfer budget on sun cream if I'm living in Argentina..but it looks to be my favoured option. My only worry is would it be better for my reputation to take a job in Europe instead of all the way over in South America? It's a difficult decision, that's for sure.

What do you guys think? I can always hold out longer but I'm not too sure there will be much better than the job in Argentina.

Thank you. I'm happy with discussion, advice and the like too. Just now I'm waiting a little while before joining a team, since I have people here with most likely more experience than myself, I'm still to be swayed between Defensa y Justicia or possibly one of the better Norwegian offers.

Up to you but it won't hurt your reputation managing in the Argentine Second Division. Have a look at the thread by AK22 - he was sacked by Tigre in that league and was not unemployed for long.
I'll do that, thanks.

I've never actually been sacked before, but in all the years I've been playing FM games, I've never actually started unemployed, so this is totally new to me.

I would actually go for Norway. It's been very good to me over the years as a steady place to be, though not easy to get promoted. Argentina is more risky especially with 'average points' being a massive potential disadvantage if you go up (and others have found Defensa and Justicia tough in the past). Potentially it's better if you do succeed though so it's a case of what you want from a first club, risky potential or a safe start.

I'll do that, thanks.

I've never actually been sacked before, but in all the years I've been playing FM games, I've never actually started unemployed, so this is totally new to me.

Until I joined this forum, I had never had a journeyman save, starting unemployed with the lowest rep. Now that is all I play!

All the best in Argentina. :)

I would actually go for Norway. It's been very good to me over the years as a steady place to be, though not easy to get promoted. Argentina is more risky especially with 'average points' being a massive potential disadvantage if you go up (and others have found Defensa and Justicia tough in the past). Potentially it's better if you do succeed though so it's a case of what you want from a first club, risky potential or a safe start.

That's what I've been thinking, there seems a pretty major disparity between the top and 1st tier of Argentine football, I may get promoted but it will be amazingly rough going to stay in the league and even attempt to build on it. I've managed in Sweden many times, Never Norway though so that's fairly interesting, I think I may do a bit of research into the players I'll inherit and the teams around me for the two best offers and see what looks good.

After a little scouting, I'm a little tempted to start with Vidar, they are sitting in 5th place of their division and of course they have Rangers legend Maurice Ross playing for them! I would have to offload some dead wood though before making any signings as they are close to the wage limit.

With Østsiden I would have around £2k in wage budget to fool around with, which is not too shabby. Still...Maurice Ross! MAURICE ROSS!

Last post for today, after much scouting around, looking at teams, players, leagues and other bits and pieces, I decided to accept the offer from Ålgård of Norway.

We are sitting in 6th place of 14 teams after 11 games before me taking over, my contract stipulates that I need to play attacking football which should be interesting since mostly I play a fairly balanced formation, here's hoping that doesn't make my chairman get too whiny.

2i6gjgo.jpg

This is my squad and some basic info about my players so far, remember, I have only just taken over, not played a single game with this team yet.

And here are some of who I would think are my key players.

2djw3n8.jpg

Rógvi Baldvinsson: my team captain and best player by a long shot. Faroese international and should be a rock at the centre of my defence.

dcakba.jpg

Paul Oyuga: Bit on the old side at 39 years old, decent stats all round and fairly fit for his age, will probably use him in a semi target man capacity. Also fills the roll of ass man *snigger*

1pjm7k.jpg

Andreas Ravndal: Fair pace, reasonable in the air for his size and a decent finisher, hoping he will be my poacher who will get on the end of my target man's flick ons and such, assuming I play that way, still deciding on formations.

Other than these three players, my squad isn't too great and there are no youth players worth mentioning. Tomorrow I'll work on overhauling my staff, hopefully do some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and get rid of some dead wood to free up wages, some players who wouldn't get near my first team get half decent wages.

Also I'll be asking to set up a parent team as we're not affiliated with anyone just now.

See you guys tomorrow, hopefully with info on some players I'm looking to sign and some other bits and pieces, you never know, we may even play a few games! Shock horror!

I decided to accept the offer from Ålgård of Norway.

Cool! Ålgård is actually a place very close to where I live (or I guess I should say close to where my parents live, as I have been living in Oslo for the last couple of years); it is roughly 25 km away. I don't have much knowledge of their team though, except from what I have read in the local newspaper.

Anyway, good luck with your career, it looks to be an interesting read! :)

Cool! Ålgård is actually a place very close to where I live (or I guess I should say close to where my parents live, as I have been living in Oslo for the last couple of years); it is roughly 25 km away. I don't have much knowledge of their team though, except from what I have read in the local newspaper.

Anyway, good luck with your career, it looks to be an interesting read! :)

Cool, here's hoping I can actually do something with them, the board just want a top half finish, hoping to challenge for promotion though!

After doing a little looking around, my top player wage is £275 p/w and most of my players are on half that or less...so I was wondering where all the money was going..then I discovered this!

s2fr03.jpg

The wage bill for my staff is MORE than the wage bill for my players.

Player monthly wage bill: £3,552. Staff monthly wage bill bill: £4,443.

I found this a bit shocking, I'm a small Norwegian mid table 2nd division club, I don't need one coach per player, so of course having just joined the club, some mutual terminations were handed out!

2i0upaw.jpg

Yeah, I'm an evil bitch, but this club was FAR too top heavy, things are much more workable now and on the back of these sackings, I can bring in a few more players to hopefully help us challenge for promotion.

I'll be looking to chop and change my staff now, but at least things are more manageable.

Good move getting rid of all those staff!

It won't help this season since I had to pay for mutual terminations and such, so most of the wages are used on that, but next year it should really help me push on and get a few more good players in.

Hey Kajsa, fellow Gers fan on Twitter. Good to see you started the 'blog'.

All the best on this long and massive journey. All leagues loaded is quite the commitment, I imagine the newgen spawn dates may take a while to load.

I'm interested in how you fair as I hardly ever manage clubs outside of the ones I love, Rangers and Dortmund.

Goodluck and welcome to the forums.

Hey Kajsa, fellow Gers fan on Twitter. Good to see you started the 'blog'.

All the best on this long and massive journey. All leagues loaded is quite the commitment, I imagine the newgen spawn dates may take a while to load.

I'm interested in how you fair as I hardly ever manage clubs outside of the ones I love, Rangers and Dortmund.

Goodluck and welcome to the forums.

Thanks.

Personally, I find it hard to manage teams I care about, I end up taking things too personally, 99% of the time I manage a small unknown team and either work them up..or work with them until better jobs come along.

I haven't played much FM this year though with the problems on release and such, this is the first time I've actually sat down with FM2013 and plan to play an actual career.

Thanks.

Personally, I find it hard to manage teams I care about, I end up taking things too personally, 99% of the time I manage a small unknown team and either work them up..or work with them until better jobs come along.

I haven't played much FM this year though with the problems on release and such, this is the first time I've actually sat down with FM2013 and plan to play an actual career.

Same here. I never, ever, manage Yeovil Town as I would get very depressed when we lose games. :D

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm the complete opposite. I find it hard to get into saves with random clubs. I also can't move from a club, as all that hard work goes down the drain when an AI manager takes your place (eg. Selling all the youngsters you 'groomed')

I did it once in FM09 (Rangers to Real Madrid) and never again. I build a philosophy, long term vision, and see the academy players I brought through become coaches at my club, etc.

No journey man saves for me,...just yet.

Yeah, I'm the complete opposite. I find it hard to get into saves with random clubs. I also can't move from a club, as all that hard work goes down the drain when an AI manager takes your place (eg. Selling all the youngsters you 'groomed')

I did it once in FM09 (Rangers to Real Madrid) and never again. I build a philosophy, long term vision, and see the academy players I brought through become coaches at my club, etc.

No journey man saves for me,...just yet.

I'm hoping..long term..to be able to do that with this.

I want to work up, find a team I can stick with and hopefully make them into world beaters.

My target is to manage a team in England, Spain, Italy, Germany...or of course Rangers ;)

Aaaaaand the first signing of my campaign goes to... *drumroll*

wwcec3.jpg

Steffen Haugland, a fairly decent all round left back. Two of my weakest positions right now are a creative centre midfield player and left back, hopefully Steffen will help fix this a little.

Sadly, he won't be joining me for another month until the transfer window opens, just have to muddle along until we can bring in a couple of new faces.

Up to you but it won't hurt your reputation managing in the Argentine Second Division. Have a look at the thread by AK22 - he was sacked by Tigre in that league and was not unemployed for long.

Thanks for bringing that up, Daz, I'd almost removed that from my memory! :D

Good luck, KajsaS :)

Well, after being hired, lots of hiring and firing staff, scouting players and much general insanity that we all know when managing a team we know nothing about in a country where we don't know much about their lower division football AND a two week break...we actually had our first game!

3478shl.jpg

First game, Ålgård v FK Mandalskameratene

I have to admit I'm "pwoud, vewwy pwoud" of the way the team played in this game, we restricted the opposition to few chances and all but one was from 25+ yards, the defence looked solid, midfield was solid when needed and played some decent passing football and we had a hat-trick from Andreas Ravndal, our top scorer this season who before I joined the team, had scored 6 in 11 games.

The only bad point in this game was the one goal we conceded, it was just a simple through ball, the goalkeeper fluffed it and the defence could have done better, but it's hard to really criticize your team for one error in a 5-1 victory!

Little update on the transfer side of things too, I bought in Ole-Martin Skagevang, stat wise he is fairly average for this division, but he is 19 and can cover two places so well worth it as a squad player.

1z5kdwl.jpg

It also helps his wage demands weren't much and there was no fee.

Up to 4th place after the first game in charge, lets see what the next game at home against Randaberg in 9th place brings!

Another signing coming in on the 1st of August (About 3 weeks away) when the window opens.

andmxv.jpg

Managed to..somehow..beat off the likes of Viking and Vålerenga to get this guy, hopefully will have another CM coming in soon as well as that's the area I needed to strengthen the most.

Next result, even better than the last I feel.

9uonr9.jpg

Smaller winning margin, 3-0, but performance was much improved, better passing, better cutting edge and defence was solid, they didn't get into my box all game.

Seems like things are coming together..and much faster than expected! :)

Two very solid signings there, good for the third tier of Norwegian football! Also, a great first result :)

Was surprised I could get that kind of quality at such a lowly Norwegian team!

Still on the hunt for a left sided midfielder, a centre back and a goalkeeper, seems decent goalkeepers are few and far between, can't find anything..not TOO worried though, the team I have I think are good enough for promotion this year.

Seems the Norwegian division I'm in (Second division group 3) is...odd. When I first joined the team, I had 14 days before my next game, now I have 19 days until my next game. Are long breaks like this normal in Norway?

In the summer there can be a couple of big gaps.

Ah, thanks, it's probably that then. It's the middle of July just now. Guess I can't complain much, lets me get my squad fit and get used to my tactics better.

Archived