Goalkeeper positioning

I find it odd that you cannot choose to train goalkeepers specifically on positioning. The game lists it as a mental attribute, but I think that while positioning is a mental attribute to an extent, it is also something that can be trained and learned. I have a goalkeeper rated at four stars for my league (was 4.5, but he's starting to age). One issue I've noticed since the beginning is that often when he rushes out, he moves off to the side and allows easy goals to get by. Perhaps this is more of a game simulation issue where the game knows a goal must be scored so it makes a semi-realistic goal, but has to move the keeper slightly in order to make it work. But if that's what my player is actually doing, then it would be nice if he'd work on his positioning a bit more... I suppose that issue could partially be his rushing out and reflexes, but it seems positioning has to be part of it..

How good are your training facilities?

Some attributes, like positioning, can only be trained if your training facilities have a high rating. I just can´t say how good exactly they have to be.

^^^^Yeah i think this is about right. You will notice that there are a few individual training options that are not available at smaller clubs compared to bigger clubs. I found this out when i was at Newport County. Whether it's due to training facilities or coaches or both i do not know though

Thanks for that information. I did not realize that. That would make sense as I am have taken a Swedish Second Division team to the Swedish First Division Elite. Unfortunately, the board has only agreed to upgrade my training facilities once so they are at a single gold star. The board is irritating. The finances are great right now, I'm always well under payroll, and yet they always claim they don't have the funding even though they agree with my reasoning. The clubs finances are far better now than they were the first time.

Well, you can have the best coaches in the world and you still won´t be able to train some attributes if your training facilities haven´t the right level. The better the facilities, the more options for individual training you have. But even with the best possible facilities you can´t train all attributes there are.

Upgrading the facilities isn´t cheap. Maybe you haven´t enough cash so the board refuses to upgrade them. I personally never seen the board take a bank loan to upgrade the facilities.

Well, you can have the best coaches in the world and you still won´t be able to train some attributes if your training facilities haven´t the right level. The better the facilities, the more options for individual training you have. But even with the best possible facilities you can´t train all attributes there are.

To me that makes some sense, but not perfect sense. You'd think positioning is something that would be learned more in scrimmages than actual training facilities...

Upgrading the facilities isn´t cheap. Maybe you haven´t enough cash so the board refuses to upgrade them. I personally never seen the board take a bank loan to upgrade the facilities.

But I actually had the facilities upgraded once when my finances were not as good off as they are now (about three seasons prior when I had no TV deals to help club finances). Though it is entirely possible that each upgrade costs more than the previous and that *could* be the issue.

Archived