Sports Interactive Community
J-Shepherd

Any Shocks in your save?

Anything unusual happened in your game like a top team got relegated? a team from the premiership now in the BSS? Any top players playing in a low division? Any top players gone to a club you wouldn't expect?

On mine the lowest Prem club is Sunderland sitting in League 2, other than that the biggest shock is probably Fulham winning the league twice in a row... but they got tycooned.

Everton getting relegated in season1 was a shock to me.

QPR finishing 4th was a big shock too. Then my brother (we play network saves) got Adam le Fondre the golden boot for scoring 39 goals in one season as he finished 14th with Reading :lol:

QPR are now at the bottom of League 2 on mine, 2018. Even more weird is they've managed to keep a few players from their premiership days!

Barcelona's stars retired/became trainers, apart from Messi, & they haven't gotten good players in return. (david villa & xavi actually came to my club, Genk, as trainers) Average team in 2019 on my save

no relegation but i still found it shocking, especially with their level of youth academy

Arsenal won a trophy.

haha!

Prescara finished second to Juventus by a couple of points in the second season in Serie A

1st Season in Tottenam won the league, stoke finished 6th, man utd finished 7th and everton were relegated!

I had a Wales v Croatia world cup final in Rio 2014 in my first save on FM13. Not sure if Bale dribbles was tearing things up, but made me laugh. :)

Wales lost if anyone cares. :D

I started a save once and skipped the first season and Zaragoza won La Liga!

I did a 100 year holiday save to messa round with regens and stuff. When I finally started looking around it turns out that the previous season, the Premierleague top 4 was Swansea Cardiff Spurs Wrexham!

Wales literally dominating (They had also won the World Cup in recent history)

I did a 100 year holiday save to messa round with regens and stuff. When I finally started looking around it turns out that the previous season, the Premierleague top 4 was Swansea Cardiff Spurs Wrexham!

Wales literally dominating (They had also won the World Cup in recent history)

always interesting. Did it take you long to holliday 100 yrs?

I'm only a few years in, but Everton and Aston Villa are both in the Championship and don't look like going back up.

The biggest team to fall into the BSP in my save was Bolton, from 2019 they suffered three relegations in a row but after two seasons of losing in the playoffs they have now won promotion three times in a row to sit back in the Championship in 2026.

Other than that i've seen Liverpool, Spurs and Everton relegated. Spurs the only team not to come straight back up.

Also seen Dynamo Kiev and Galatasaray win the CL although it's mainly the usual suspects who win it.

In international football Ukraine won the 2020 Euros and The Czech Republic won the 2026 World Cup while Mexico have lost in each of the last three World Cup finals.

Arsenal have just become the richest club in the world, five seasons in.

Arsenal spend 70M Euros every year on the transfer market. Second richest club behind Man Utd on my save after 6 seasons.

Back to Topic:

Nearly every league has shocks in my save. That was not the case in previous FM versions and it is not funny at all.

Italy: Bergamo overachieving since the first season. Won the Euro League 14/15, the Serie A 16/17 and the Champions League in 17/18. Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina got relegated in the first three seasons. Inter and AC Milan can be happy when they are in the top 6 :D

France: Lorient, Evian and Toulouse won the title. Toulouse is now the best french team. Marseille got relegated in the first season.

England: Norwich always finishes in the top 6.

Germany: Gladbach and Hannover overachieving since the first season. Winning titles and just destroying Bayern and Dortmund.

Off Topic:

Are only english clubs spending money on the transfer market? I never see italian, spanish or Bayern buy top players.

Gladbach won the league the last 2 seasons on mine (18/19 and 19/20), Bolton are now in League 1, Barca won the league 5 times in a row & Juventus won 7 leagues in a row, Stoke won the Europa League and Belgium won the last Euros.

Everton were picked clean by top teams and were relegated by 2014.

Fabregas got benched at Barcelona and ended up going to Sunderland...

and Belgium won the last Euros.

that's no shocker, that's just a glance into the near future :D

that's no shocker, that's just a glance into the near future :D

You can get from 25s to 40 to 1 for Belgium winning the next world cup. One look at their squad and that's a nice little tempter for an each way little dabble. ;)

FM13 currently started my Third season.... Stockport are in League 1 after back to back promotions

England got to the world cup final after beating Italy in the semis...... on Penalties :D

England won the WC in 2014 for me and made it to the Finals two more times - I'm currently in 2023

England won the WC in 2014 for me

Same happened in my save. Biggest team relegated so far (after two seasons) is Fiorentina in Serie A.

Biggest Ive seen was Liverpool, Everton and QPR go down in the First season with the Top Six being Man Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle, Swansea, Man City and Southampton in first season, Everton Relegated again next season and it took liverpool 2 goes to get back into the Premier League, there now a mid table side and Everton keep flirting with with league 1, first 10 seasons PL winners were Man Utd 13/14/15/16, Man City 17/22, Arsenal 18/20, Fulham 19,21(they got a tycoon takeover) Champs League the same old suspects except for Newcastle in 14 and Copenhagen 19:confused:, world cup in 14 Brazil and 18 Russia, euro 16 Serbia and 20 Greece

Oh and it seems RB Leipzig are becoming a dominant force in Germany, 3 consecutive runner up finishes in 19/20/21 and wining it on equal points with Schalke in 22 with a few cup win here and there, their biggest player is a German Regen called Klaus Oberman who is a goal scoring freak and there best Real Player is Igor Akinfeev

Galatasaray won the champions league in the 1st season.

They beat Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona in the final

Yeh the Belgium in wasn't really a shock but it's someone different. Agreed, their squad is class in real!

Only one I can remember on my save was Hearts winning the Scottish Premiership.

Oh and maybe not much of a shock, but Brendad Rogers took over the England job and won the world cup in 2014.

Galatasaray won the champions league in the 1st season.

They beat Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona in the final

thats a great achievement.

To not only "play" 3 teams in a final is fantastic, but to beat all 3 teams in that said final in absolutely outstanding.

Fair play to them :D

Australia failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in my game - not so shocking in and of itself, but the fact that they came bottom of their Third Round Qualifying group, behind such powerhouses as Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait and with only one win in six matches... I thought that was a shock