Please help - players shoot from distance constanly

Hello,

I am playing with MK DONS and have just been promoted to Championship.

From the start on i have been buggede about one thing, WHY IS ALL MY PLAYERS CONSTANTLY SHOOTING FROM DISTANCE?!?!?!

My Wingers, Midfielders even my Fullbacks seems more likely to wanna shoot from distance then try and play my attacker/attackers.

I have tried with the setting under players Long Shots - Rarely, Creative Freedom - More Disciplined, Roaming - Stick To Position and the last thing a Shout - Work into box.

Put they still shoot constantly from distance and it is really getting to annoy me...

Does anyone have the same problem or now what can be done?

While there is a bug with players constantly shooting not everyones is related to this bug so yours might be a bit of both.

However without knowing your set up and the formation you use and all the settings no-one will be able to help you I'm afraid.

The only thing I think will help with that is making sure your players always have options to pass to, using direct shouts like play into box wont help it. Also setting team tacs to 0 longshots or individual settings to 0 longshots wont help.

Another thing i noticed in a match i played 15 min ago: i switched from standard to counter and the longshot% went way up. From having barely any I started seeing them over and over again. Its just one match though, but the same thing that happened could be happening to you: my team decides to counter and plays it forward as fast as possible, when my striker received the ball they were still a few meters away from the box, with no other option really than to turn back or shoot. While playing standard my team would be more patient and this problem would not occur nearly as much.

When you say have the option pass to, do you mean the PPM? But then again every time you start with a new team all your players need to be trained with pass to, that just seems so time wasting..

I play standard myself and have done it nearly every match and still as you can see 7 goals out of 144 attempts, that is just insane!

I have the same issue KAaskilde, playing as Swindon in League 1, I am playing counter attacking football with a combination of either a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, I tend to use my wingers as inside forwards and even when there are gaps to run through or better options to pass, they more than often blast the ball from wide.

Shouts have no effect on it, telling my forward to hold the ball up, tends to stop him doing it, but I have no joy with my wingers or midfield.

It is not hurting my results too much as if yet, but I can see it becoming an issue if I get promoted and find my self being out classed with oportunities at a premium.

No I mean:

When the player who shot from distance got the ball. If he has options to pass to in front/to the side (sometimes behind) him, he will pass more often. These annoying longshots are because your players dont know what to do with the ball.

For example you have to much attacking minded players and when your MC gets the ball halfway through their half your strikers, wingers and maybe midfielders all are in their box already. (and so are their defenders+ some midfielders, mso theres no space) Meaning your MC shoots (and misses 99.999999% of the time).

After the match click analyse and look at all the longshots your players made. Look at where the other players are. (some of these ofcourse are 'good' longshots a player would also take without this problem and even with options your players will probably still shoot from distance a bit too often but not as much as they are now probably. (going from 15 longshots a match to 5-10 is already a decent step imo)

GL

I have the same issue KAaskilde, playing as Swindon in League 1, I am playing counter attacking football with a combination of either a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1, I tend to use my wingers as inside forwards and even when there are gaps to run through or better options to pass, they more than often blast the ball from wide.

Shouts have no effect on it, telling my forward to hold the ball up, tends to stop him doing it, but I have no joy with my wingers or midfield.

It is not hurting my results too much as if yet, but I can see it becoming an issue if I get promoted and find my self being out classed with oportunities at a premium.

I can only say this: since the 1325 patch I have seen 0 of these throughballs through the centre. Opportunities enough, just not happening. With a variety of tactics, mentalities, shouts, players. Just NOT happening. Law of probability would mean it would happen at least sometimes, it just doesnt. Same with these useless longshots, probability would mean you would score these sometimes. It just wont happen.

Only thing we can do is try to live with it and wait it out for next patch. (if only i was patient lol) Other than that it might be the same as I described earlier, but then again I use counter myself right now and I dont really have a big longshots problem.

Archived