Welcome to the Dragon's Den - the Chairmen's battle to the top of Scottish Football

Wahey, awesome to see Arbroath top of Diviwsion 2 so far. :thup: Well done to Montrose for being just behind us too.

The squad looks a bit thin though, especially in midfield, some bigger signings of a higher caliber would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll see what I can do. Just really don't have time just now, haven't even loaded FM up in about 3/4 weeks due to holiday and workload, and going to be away for anohter week shortly.

I think if it carries on I might need to seriously cut back on the level of detail, perhaps just even do seasonal reports so we can fly through it and see what pans out. Any thoughts?

A brief report after every transfer window (without screenshots) and a seasonal report with screenshots is more than enough in my eyes. I don't want to push you continue this thpugh. If you can't or don't have the time now, we can understand it. At least I can :) Thx for the quick reply.

• 1 month later...

2008/9 - End of season report

3rd Division

Albion Rovers (NepentheZ/Paul "Warlock" Wallace)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

An average season for the Warlock. Plenty of signings, without truly splashing out. They are being overly generous with wages for the performances on the park, though.

Berwick (glennuk/Josh Crane)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

After spending so big, they could barely afford to fair. The gamble paid off though, Crane securing a comfortable title for his side.

Dumbarton (Robbo3d/Alex Smith [Nikon Jevtik - sacked])

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Oh dear. Not a lot you can say to this. Awful stuff again. The debt is clearly a massive burden thats preventing the club progressing.

East Stirling (rlipscombe/Archie McFergus)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Another club who spent modestly but wisely, securing a place in the play off final and...

Elgin (Arkitekt88/Carl Vasquez)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

A massive number of players brought in wihout spending a great deal, secured 2nd place in the league for the club.

Forfar (paulhartman71/James Hartson-Harris)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

A decent league campaign saw Hartson-Harris lead his side to a play off place.

Stenhousemuir (bermybhoy/Keld Bordingaard [Henke - sacked])

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Hmmm. It's all going a bit pear shaped, despite bringing in a very promising looking manager. Terrible season.

Stranraer (Walcott's Wonderkids/Brucie Bonus)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Plenty of new signings failed to help Bonus lead his side to the play offs, finishing just outside the positions.

Second Division

Arbroath (~Ian~/Matt Skiba)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

A fine season for their inaugural division 2 campaign. Ultimately disappointing after a good start to the season, but a good base to build on.

Montrose (5ergio/Mengana)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Well, well. Mengana works his magic again. Some wise signings including the brilliant Makela, who's waaaay too good for this level. An absolutely fantastic season.

Division 2 - overview

Division 2 league table

Division 2 player stats

Division 2 team stats

Average attendances

Manager of the month awards

Player of the month awards

Team of the year

Brilliant, brilliant season for Montrose, who'll be flying the flag in the 1st division next season. Berwick and East Stirling will join Arbroath in attempting to catch up next time out.

Cups

Challenge Cup

2nd round results - Elgin, Stranraer and the Shire all crash out in tricky away ties.

3rd round results - Monstrose secure a massive win over 1st Div Raith...

Semi final results - then are unlucky to lose away to Partick in the semis.

Final - St Johnstone take the trophy.

League Cup

Final - all ours side's interests were already over by the 3rd round. Falkirk claim a rare trophy.

Scottish Cup

2nd round results - each side forced to face the minnows came through ok.

3rd round results - some decent results - notably Arbroath.

4th round results - the big boys come out to play and Arbroath are the only team to make it - with another win over 1st division opponents.

5th round results - but the run ends, Motherwell proving too strong.

Final - Celtic inflict Rangers second cup final loss of the season.

General

Rich list - our clubs continue to feature prominently.

So that's it for the 2nd season. With luck, the 3rd won't take quite as long...

What's the odds of all these links being right? :D

Decent season of consolidation for Arbroath in Division 2 I suppose. Expecting better for next season though, need a higher standard of player to come in. Many of the players' average ratings just weren't good enough, under 7 is poor.

Good update, :thup:

Next update hopefully coming soon. Two more promotions to report!

I'm also thinking that, as chairmen, after the next update I'll give you the chance to intervene and sack an underperforming manager if you like...

Dual purpose is that if you don't comment on it when the chance comes, you'll be cut from the next report. Harsh but fair.

• 3 weeks later...

2008/9 - End of season report

3rd Division

Albion Rovers (NepentheZ/Paul "Warlock" Wallace)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Dumbarton (Robbo3d/Alex Smith [Nikon Jevtik - sacked])

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Elgin (Arkitekt88/Carl Vasquez)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Forfar (paulhartman71/James Hartson-Harris)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Stenhousemuir (bermybhoy/Keld Bordingaard [Henke - sacked])

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Stranraer (Walcott's Wonderkids/Brucie Bonus)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Division 3 - overview

Division 3 league table

Division 3 player stats

Division 3 team stats

Average attendances

Team of the year

A fantastic season for Elgin, who absolutely demolished the rest of the league. Albion Rovers will be gutted that a much improved season didn't yield a promotion this time round, with Forfar instead grabbing the coveted 2nd promotion spot via the play offs.

In-debt Dumbarton finally make if off the bottom, but my own Stenny have a poor season. For some reason, the chairman is refusing to splash out on wages.

Next season, there's only 4 of our clubs left in the bottom rung of the game - not bad going at all - money talks.

Second Division

Arbroath (~Ian~/Matt Skiba)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Berwick (glennuk/Josh Crane)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

East Stirling (rlipscombe/Archie McFergus)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Division 2 - overview

Division 2 league table

Division 2 player stats

Division 2 team stats

Average attendances

Team of the year

Last season's big spenders Berwick have another great season, seriously threatening to take the automatic promotion spot. Alas, a strong Hamilton beat them to it. Arbroath made the play offs and The Shire consolidated nicely with a mid-table finish.

With 5 of our teams in this division next season, surely a couple of them can push for promotion?

First Division

Montrose (5ergio/Mengana)

Club info

Transfers

Squad ratings

Squad contracts

Top player

Manager

Results Part 1

Results Part 2

Division 1 - overview

Division 1 league table

Division 1 player stats

Division 1 team stats

Team of the year

Montrose's charge to the top finally runs into trouble, as the newly promoted side struggle against the big boys playing full time football in division 1. Still a 6 point cushion from the bottom was all that was required and they'll be looking to push on next season to maintain their huge advantage over all the other Dragon-funded sides.

Cups

Challenge Cup

3rd round results

Semi final results

Final

Montrose made it all the way to the semis, but succumbed to a strong St Johnstone side, the eventual winners.

League Cup

1st round results

2nd round results

Final

Oh dear.

Scottish Cup

2nd round results

3rd round results

4th round results

5th round results

Final

East Stirling put together a decent run, but it came to a crashing halt at the hands of 1st division Morton in the 5th round. Falkirk add to last season's success, winning an unprecedented 2nd Cup in a row.

Ok, so here be a 3rd season report. Apologies for the lack of commentary. The screenshots have been ready for ages, so I figured it was best just to get them posted up while I have the chance, even if the style is a bit blah.

As mentioned previously, before I carry on I'll give you the option, if you want, to sack your manager. To be honest I'm not sure it would be a wise move for anyone, as the replacement would be at the vagaries of your virtual self. However, if you don't confirm one way or the other, you'll be cut from the next update (which hopefully won't take quite as long to arrive and will be more interesting). There's a few people here who I never see posting on the forums at all any more, so there might be a good chance to streamline things.

I'm definitely sticking with Mengana. Pretty much excited that we see the 3rd season now. Montrose hold tight in 1st Division. We could make a move upwards in a season or two but SPL is far too dangerous than SP1. Thus the results at the cup runs. I'm pretty optimistic that Montrose will be the first Dragon-funded team to stick behind the Old Firm :) Excellent sign up so far bermybhoy.

4th was expected by the media for Arbroath, and 4th was achieved so pretty happy with that. Shame to be beaten so comprehensively by Berwick in the play-offs though, they seem to have put a few past us on a couple of occasions. Should definitely keep Mr Skiba at Arbroath though, I'm confident he can keep us pushing for promotion again next year.

Seeing as we got a few loans from and to them, are Watford and Northwich our affiliated clubs?

Archived