Sports Interactive Community
leeroy999

Life after Johan Cruijff

So i started my Liverpool save and wasnt happy with the backroom staff and how they interact with the team (i tend to use ask assistant alot and then tweak for preference) So i looked at the formus and every forum about staff is littered with people saying Johan Cruijff is the best assistant manager...naturally a signed him and i was very happy with him.

Problem is he retires after 2nd (or 3rd) season.

My DOF signed Sylvain Legwinski to replace him so i trusted him and went along with it. Im now in my 2nd second season with new assistant manager and i want rid of him.

Problem is hes signed on a long term contract so will take some money to sack.

Question - If Johan Cruijff is the best assistant manager, whos the next best?

Really depends what kind of assistant you want and what responsibilities you plan on giving him. You mentioned team talks so I'd say someone with high motivating and man management would be a good start. I always prioritise JPP and JPA but that's just out of habit as these days I tend to take my assistant's advise with a pinch of salt.

I've currently got Pep Guardiola as my assistant at Almeria (yes, really). Can't get much better than that!

Really depends what kind of assistant you want and what responsibilities you plan on giving him. You mentioned team talks so I'd say someone with high motivating and man management would be a good start. I always prioritise JPP and JPA but that's just out of habit as these days I tend to take my assistant's advise with a pinch of salt.

I've currently got Pep Guardiola as my assistant at Almeria (yes, really). Can't get much better than that!

What season are you in?

He is retiring at the end of my current season with Ajax. I'll just promote one of my coaches.

As Liverpool I also got Cruijff as my AM for 2 seasons. After he retires my plan is to promote Rodolfo Borrell to my AM.

As Liverpool I also got Cruijff as my AM for 2 seasons. After he retires my plan is to promote Rodolfo Borrell to my AM.

I have been thinking about Borrell as when i use him for opposition instructions he basically sets what i would anyway. but dont know what he is like with team talks. But i do tend to do that myself unless im winning comfortably.

AcidBurn - I am in my 5th Season

robzilla - Guardiola as assistant at Almeria?? how did you manage that?? he manager of Arsenal at mine, and walked away with league his 1st season and doing again this season, and they have quikcly become my bogey team

Just lost League cup final to them and knocked out the F.A cup in the same week!!!

I hope SI will fix the situation regarding Cruijff in the next data update.

I just think is unreal Cruijff working as a assist manager! DOF... yes! Manager.... yes.... but assist manager?

How did you manage that, He is Arsenal manager on mine and walking away with the league for 2nd season in a row.

Im glad someone said Borrell as i had been looking at him and when use him for oppostion intructions he gets them spot on usually

Bruno Demichellis (pardon the spelling) - plan to sign him when Johan retires (just got to know that here)... but now that I know Pep is willing to be Assistant.. hurm.... :)

Cruijff is my Director Of Football and just finished his 1st season of a 5 year deal for my Liverpool club. His current contract runs out June 2017. He is also currently 66 years old.

I am managing Liverpool as well. I got Cruyff at the start for the next 2-3 seasons, then Baresi for the next 6-7 seasons and guess who know...Rafa Benitez!

I am managing Liverpool as well. I got Cruyff at the start for the next 2-3 seasons, then Baresi for the next 6-7 seasons and guess who know...Rafa Benitez!

FYI He was actually very happy, to work with the club that's so dear to his heart :)

And I got Daniel De Rossi as one of my coaches. Bizarrely, Barcelona came knocking, wanting him to be their manager. He's had no managerial experience, been a coach at my club for 1-2 seasons, and now Barca wants him as manager

2017 and I've had Stevie G as Assistant M. for 3 seasons. I used Pascoe up until then, lots of glory years :)

What season are you in?
How did you manage that, He is Arsenal manager on mine and walking away with the league for 2nd season in a row.

2028/29 and he's been with us for a couple of years. He originally joined as under-19s manager because although he agreed a contract as my assistant, the board would not let me terminate the incumbent's contract due to excessive compensation. After a year or so they let me so I promoted him.

After leaving Barca in 2012 he took three years out of management and returned to take the Man Utd job in 2015, staying there for two years before leaving to manage Spain (having another year off in between!) He managed Spain for eight years, then came to me.