The joy is back!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished my first season with this tactic last night.

As I've said previously, this tactic is just too good.

I'm playing with Man Utd, but even so I won all 4 trophies (champions league, the premier league, fa cup and league cup) and I only lost 3 games all season. Most games were a doddle. I'm going to try the tactic with my beloved Forest next to see how it works with 'crap' players. It's too easy to carry on as Man Utd :)

Finished my first season with this tactic last night.

As I've said previously, this tactic is just too good.

I'm playing with Man Utd, but even so I won all 4 trophies (champions league, the premier league, fa cup and league cup) and I only lost 3 games all season. Most games were a doddle. I'm going to try the tactic with my beloved Forest next to see how it works with 'crap' players. It's too easy to carry on as Man Utd :)

wich tactic you speak ?

13.2.3 stops Modern Warfare 442 from working as well as it was before. Guess we have to wait for our friend in Thailand to tweak it. It is THE best tactic no matter what team you are, it just wins games for you.

For me it works now better than before the patch. Passionate team talks (do it for the fans!) and get ball forward&pass into space -shouts. Also remember that you must have determined and fit group of players to get this tactic to work. If your players don't have strength or stamina you're gonna have a bad time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't played nearly as much FM13 as I played previous versions, so I didn't took the time to develop a tactic of my own. However, I made a tweaked version of the Modern Warfare 442 and so far this has been the best tactic for me, so I'm uploading it here, if anyone wants to try it.

After I finished tweaking it, I had these results:

image.jpg

It's in 2017 with Tottenham, so I have a strong team. (haven't tested it with weaker teams).

Every single instruction is manually set, so don't change roles, philosophy or use shouts, because it will have absolutely no effect. It's pure plug and play, just as I like.

The playmaker is the MCL.

The download: http://www.mediafire.com/?na9whhh1awhce7h

hey~ i'm testing weaker team with this tactic now. thanks ^^

Let us know how you get on. I use MW with def line to 50% and drill crosses with zonal mark for everyone and its doing ok. Just feel it could be doing better tho.

I haven't played nearly as much FM13 as I played previous versions, so I didn't took the time to develop a tactic of my own. However, I made a tweaked version of the Modern Warfare 442 and so far this has been the best tactic for me, so I'm uploading it here, if anyone wants to try it.

image.jpg

It's in 2017 with Tottenham, so I have a strong team. (haven't tested it with weaker teams).

Every single instruction is manually set, so don't change roles, philosophy or use shouts, because it will have absolutely no effect. It's pure plug and play, just as I like.

What kinda' training, match prep etc are you using? standard MW ones?

What kinda' training, match prep etc are you using? standard MW ones?

For match training I'm using attacking movement, general training balanced on average intensity.

I have started a new save with Q.P.R. to see how it goes.

For match training I'm using attacking movement, general training balanced on average intensity.

I have been using the 4-2-2-2 Qetesh tactic with QPR with inconsistent results. Will try using this. What kind of results are you getting Marcelo?

Cheers for getting back to me. I wasn't having any luck with 2 other variations of MW but after trying yours I have won 3 games in a row which is by far my bestr run of form since the start of the season. Will contuinue to use and see how it goes.

OK.

Played 5 games with this as Lincoln City in the BSP and won all 5. That includes an FA Cup home match against League 2 side, Rochdale. Conceded 7 goals and scored 18 over the 5 matches. This is great considering I had only managed 3 wins in 14 games before I tried Marcelo's tweak version.

Tactic is working well, just the defense needs a bit of work I think. Do you think that changing the match prep to Def. Positioning might help with the conceding? Right now I have it set as Def. Set Pieces.

OK.

Played 5 games with this as Lincoln City in the BSP and won all 5. That includes an FA Cup home match against League 2 side, Rochdale. Conceded 7 goals and scored 18 over the 5 matches. This is great considering I had only managed 3 wins in 14 games before I tried Marcelo's tweak version.

Tactic is working well, just the defense needs a bit of work I think. Do you think that changing the match prep to Def. Positioning might help with the conceding? Right now I have it set as Def. Set Pieces.

Match preparation can help, but the defense will definitively improve when your team completely gelled (players "willing to die for each other" - check on team report --> last match --> team talk feedback)

Match preparation can help, but the defense will definitively improve when your team completely gelled (players "willing to die for each other" - check on team report --> last match --> team talk feedback)

How is it working with QPR for you? Started a qpr game myself and have been using rich's tweak, only in pre-season yet so don't really have an opinion on it. One thing I have noticed though, is that his version is incredibly attacking i've been banging in goals in these friendlies.

Nice one mate. Played another few matches last night and the form wasn't as strong. But, like you say, when the tactic is completely gelled it will play a lot better.

How is it working with QPR for you? Started a qpr game myself and have been using rich's tweak, only in pre-season yet so don't really have an opinion on it. One thing I have noticed though, is that his version is incredibly attacking i've been banging in goals in these friendlies.

It's been really hard so far, the QPR team at the start of the game has a lot of new players and it's taking a long time for them to gel together. After half a season I'm in 10th position, but still in both cups.

Marcelo,

Great job with the latest tweak - I'm on an 18 match unbeaten run - truly amazing!

Great results!

What stats would you recommend for each position? I'm coming to the end of my season and just wanted to make the most of any reinforcements I can afford!

Wingers with great pace and dribbling are a big help. But overall, look for the most complete players you can afford.

image.jpg

I'm playing as Southampton trying this tactic and at home its unbelievably good having beaten Chelsea 1-0, Tottenham 3-1 and Liverpool 4-0 but away from home I'm really struggling with a couple of big losses like 7-1 at Man Utd and 5-1 at Everton and by 1 goal margins against smaller teams, This could possibly be down to me having a young squad and therefore inconsistency kicking in or they just aren't up to the big away games being so inexperienced.

So far I'm 9th after 17 games which is pretty good considering my team and will persist with this as hopefully once I've signed some better players we will become more consistent, I'm figuring the wingers are hugely important and to be honest my wingers aren't top standard so that could also be a factor in some of the losses.

Do you do anything away from home differently? maybe I should try defensive movement in training when approaching away games.

Overall so far though very enjoyable well done and thank you :D

I'm playing as Southampton trying this tactic and at home its unbelievably good having beaten Chelsea 1-0, Tottenham 3-1 and Liverpool 4-0 but away from home I'm really struggling with a couple of big losses like 7-1 at Man Utd and 5-1 at Everton and by 1 goal margins against smaller teams, This could possibly be down to me having a young squad and therefore inconsistency kicking in or they just aren't up to the big away games being so inexperienced.

So far I'm 9th after 17 games which is pretty good considering my team and will persist with this as hopefully once I've signed some better players we will become more consistent, I'm figuring the wingers are hugely important and to be honest my wingers aren't top standard so that could also be a factor in some of the losses.

Do you do anything away from home differently? maybe I should try defensive movement in training when approaching away games.

Overall so far though very enjoyable well done and thank you :D

Some things you can try away from home is reducing the runs from deep from one or both your MCs, and perhaps even moving them to DMC. Also some people had success setting the d-line slider to the middle.

edit. also try changing marking to zonal to all players

The end of season was much better than the start. As expected, performance improved as the team gelled together, but even at the end of season that wasn't maxed out (it was only at the "players have developed a strong understanding" stage), so next season should be better if I don't make major player changes.

At some point towards the end of the season I changed all players marking to zonal, and it seemed to improve the defense. I think that if your team is not fully gelled, zonal marking may work better than man marking. In my Tottenham save, with most players playing together for years, man marking worked very well.

In short, if you are having problems with the defense, I recommend changing marking to zonal and set the MCR forward runs to "rarely".

This was the final league table in season 1:

image.jpg

Marcelo, do you have results with your tactic using bigger teams....i saw your initial test was with united..how did that go?

I haven't played much FM13 to be honest, the only saves I have going are the one with Tottenham and this with Q.P.R. With Tottenham, the results with this tactic are the ones in the screenshot I posted earlier. I haven't played with other teams.

Marcelo

Hi mate, using this tactic on my Cardiff save and things going pretty well sitting in 5th in premiership. Only thing is is the defence is pretty leaky, have scored 50 but conceded 43. Are there any hints ir tips you could give me?? Sorry to ask but have always been pretty useless when it comes to tactics

Many Thanks

ChAnCeR

Marcelo

Hi mate, using this tactic on my Cardiff save and things going pretty well sitting in 5th in premiership. Only thing is is the defence is pretty leaky, have scored 50 but conceded 43. Are there any hints ir tips you could give me?? Sorry to ask but have always been pretty useless when it comes to tactics

Many Thanks

ChAnCeR

Only what I said before, try changing marking to zonal and set the MCR forward runs to "rarely". Defensive positioning for match preparation also should help.

Only what I said before, try changing marking to zonal and set the MCR forward runs to "rarely". Defensive positioning for match preparation also should help.

Do you mean the BWM's 'Run with ball' to rarely? Cause the downloaded version I have of your tweak already has this set as rarely and I haven't tweaked?

Do you mean the BWM's 'Run with ball' to rarely? Cause the downloaded version I have of your tweak already has this set as rarely and I haven't tweaked?

Well, both runs from deep and runs with ball should be on rarely. In my game I'm experimenting more tweaks, as I'm never happy with the tactic, but I'm about to give up.

Thats not a good sign Marcelo?

It's not that the game is difficult or anything, it's easy to win, it's just that even after a few seasons, when I have a world class, I can't find a tactic that dominates opponents with consistent beautiful football and lots of goals as in previous versions. This version is really frustrating, and if things don't improve for FM14 I'm certainly not buying it.

Archived