The joy is back!

After many tests and a period of disillusion with FM13, it seems I finally found a good working plug and play tactic, and so I started my first serious save.

This is a tactic designed originally for FM2012, and I think it was largely overlooked, probably because it was released late (August 2012) and also because the author was banned from this forums. But it was a very good FM12 tactic, and no one can deny that the guy is a great tactic maker, and the fact that his tactic is still working in a very diferent FM13 ME means that it is not a tactic that relies in exploits.

The tactic I'm talking about is... el_magico89 Mourinho 4231 deep.

I know it's early in the season, but what I have seen so far convinced me that this tactic is for real. I haven't made a single tweak, used a single shout, OIs or anything. Just plug and play. I'm using a default Tottenham squad with the only signings being 35 years old Alex (free transfer) and De Ceglie for DL backup. All results are with patch 13.2.1. Here are some screenshots:

2012_12_26_00001.jpg

2012_12_26_00002.jpg

2012_12_26_00003.jpg

2012_12_26_00004.jpg

Still, the tactic could probably be improved, but certainly nothing major is needed. It's worth noting that using shouts or changing strategies wouldn't have much effect because despite being a TC tactic, a lot of team and player instructions are manually tweaked.

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?j559842maqoehgy

And the link to the original thread on FMBase: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/104905-el_magico89s-magician-mourinhos4231-strikes-back.html

All credits to the original author, el_magico89.

Have fun!

EDIT: Lately I have been using the Modern Warfare 442 tactic, and advise anyone who wants a good plug and play tactic to try it, it will give you even better results than the Mou's 4231 deep.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How ironic...i went back to FM11 & started using his original tactic!think it took me on a 99 game unbeaten streak!

Anyway I might download this as the original is a joy to play!the AMC is immense & the wingers are quality too!

Hope you've discovered a little beauty here Marcelo? I'll keep my eye in this thread & fingers crossed "The joy is back"???!!!

in fm12 i used a combo 4-4-2 marcelo&balista by qetesh.....went on a 150 winning streak ahah

you are one of the best FMmanagers...

btw what do you think about the ME? this year is quite difficult to create a really strong tactic..

How ironic...i went back to FM11 & started using his original tactic!think it took me on a 99 game unbeaten streak!

Anyway I might download this as the original is a joy to play!the AMC is immense & the wingers are quality too!

Hope you've discovered a little beauty here Marcelo? I'll keep my eye in this thread & fingers crossed "The joy is back"???!!!

I thought of this coincidence too hahaha. Initially I thought you might have suggested it to him. Any more results marcelo? And how do you set up your match training and general training?

The joy is NOT back for all of us... Tried this with Man City without using shouts/intructions ect...

Barely won the friendlies and lost the first 2 games of the year by a long shot. Very glad it worked for you, but this tactic is not the plug and play genius I was hoping for. Hope others get the same performance the op got!

I haven't had time to play more, but I wanted to share so that more people could try and test it. One thing to watch is the winger play, both are set to cut inside and cross rarely, perhaps at least one of them could be set to cross more and wide play normal, to give a little more variety in attack.

Switched to this last night after trying the dortmund tactic available in the forums. Only played 2 matches but won both, second match was against the league leaders who had been on an 8 match unbeaten run and I beat them 6-1...lovely...am managing Santa Clara in the Portuguese second division. TBF it's only been two matches but I'll update as I'm on for a couple of hours now.

I thought of this coincidence too hahaha. Initially I thought you might have suggested it to him. Any more results marcelo? And how do you set up your match training and general training?

Match training is on attacking movement, general training on team cohesion until squad is fully gelled. I had to set general training to low intensity, as I like all my players to learn a new position, and that increases the workload a lot, making them unhappy with training. If not for that, I would leave it on average.

Match training is on attacking movement, general training on team cohesion until squad is fully gelled. I had to set general training to low intensity, as I like all my players to learn a new position, and that increases the workload a lot, making them unhappy with training. If not for that, I would leave it on average.

Right got it, what do you do for the scheduling bar aswell then?

This tactic will work by force hahah

10 matches played since changing to this tactic (changed on 12th November in the game) - remember I'm only Santa Clara in the Portuguese second division 3 seasons in - and the results have been:

8 wins

1 draw - was 2 nil up but gave away some sloppy goals for the opposition to come back to 2-2

1 loss - in the cup, I played a load of squad players to give the first teamers a break.

Looking really good so far - have now moved up into 3rd and if it keeps gelling then I should win the league - I've also followed your advice regarding training, although I only just changed to that when you posted earlier.

The wingers and AMC are the key on this it seems, they get loads of goals, however most of the squad chip in with a few here and there. I mainly use assertive/passionate talks for at home and calm/passionate talks away (usually depending on who we're playing of course).

Tactic seems to be working for me so far.

No such thing as a plug and play tactic.

No point having downloadable plug and play tactics as every single one nowadays is contrived through one of the biggest clubs in that division so the authors think its the bees knees.

Or its been done with a small club that now has all the best players in the World.

The only point of these tactics now is to try and deliver a STYLE of play.

No such thing as a plug and play tactic.

No point having downloadable plug and play tactics as every single one nowadays is contrived through one of the biggest clubs in that division so the authors think its the bees knees.

Or its been done with a small club that now has all the best players in the World.

The only point of these tactics now is to try and deliver a STYLE of play.

Did you not read my post above...seems to be working pretty fine to me. Although I do agree the idea of a plug and play tactic is kind of gone, more that the tactics offered on here are good, stable tactics that, used with the right talks, match prep, training, morale-management and player selection etc., can be successful without having to tinker with the tactic over and over again.

Did you not read my post above...seems to be working pretty fine to me. Although I do agree the idea of a plug and play tactic is kind of gone, more that the tactics offered on here are good, stable tactics that, used with the right talks, match prep, training, morale-management and player selection etc., can be successful without having to tinker with the tactic over and over again.

Did you not read mine above?

When lots of other people start to post on here that it works with Wigan, Peterborough, Rochdale, Albion Rovers etc then I may change my mind. Until then I believe that every tactic here is only a way or style of playing and is not necessarily a good tactic. Hence there is no joy. :(

I won't comment further here as we're going off topic a tad.

Did you not read mine above?

When lots of other people start to post on here that it works with Wigan' date=' Peterborough, Rochdale, Albion Rovers etc then I may change my mind. Until then I believe that every tactic here is only a way or style of playing and is not necessarily a good tactic. Hence there is no joy. :(

I won't comment further here as we're going off topic a tad.[/quote']

Yeah I do understand...no offence was intended. But I am Santa Clara in the Portuguese second division and we certainly don't have any great players.

Update for you Marcelo...

20 games played with the tactic now...and...

17 wins

2 draws

1 defeat

Am storming the Portuguese second division and now in 2nd place, but should easily wrap up the title at this rate. Tactic has been a major success for me at least. Definitely sticking with this one, although SI will probs release yet another hotfix that will unbalance all the tactics again :mad:

Top stuff :thup:

17 wins

2 draws

1 defeat

Am storming the Portuguese second division and now in 2nd place, but should easily wrap up the title at this rate. Tactic has been a major success for me at least. Definitely sticking with this one, although SI will probs release yet another hotfix that will unbalance all the tactics again :mad:

Its only a matter of time.....SI should let us enjoy the game...rather than peeing us off!!!

17 wins

2 draws

1 defeat

Its only a matter of time.....SI should let us enjoy the game...rather than peeing us off!!!

are you playing FM 2012 or FM 2013 because in this FM 2013 I find it not working for me at all anyway I'm a fan of el_magico89

I know this if off topic, but how do you stop the patches automatically installing using Steam? The constant updates are getting on my nerves. I enjoy it, a patch comes out, I hate it. A new tactic comes out, I enjoy it, a new patch comes out, I hate it. And repeat.

I know this if off topic, but how do you stop the patches automatically installing using Steam? The constant updates are getting on my nerves. I enjoy it, a patch comes out, I hate it. A new tactic comes out, I enjoy it, a new patch comes out, I hate it. And repeat.

In the Steam menu, clik on "go offline". While you are in offline mode no games will be updated.

17 wins

2 draws

1 defeat

Top stuff :thup:

Nice! Perhaps people who are not having success with the tactic should give it a little more time. And let's hope it continues working after the next patches, I think it will.

Tested this Tactic with Hibernian.....with the right players, and I had to bring the players in under the info from http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...ikes-back.html

With the right match talks, the tactic does click....i keep encouraging the players until the tactic is fluid in all sections, the striker (L.Griffiths) has scored 12 goals in 9 games. This is with the help of DM and Wingers....Terq Midfielder is struggling, although I don't have the right player for this position yet.

Played 16 (7 friendlies) W - 7 D - 4 L - 5

Worth sticking with

It did rely (albeit not as extreme as others) on an exploit, the lack of collision detection helped this tactic as it focuses trough balls to a single forward. It's still a good tactic, I was full of praise for it because it was also quite adaptable for a plug & play (you can easily turn it into a 451 or 442).

3rd season at Santa Clara in Portuguese Second Division, as you know I switched to your tactic on the 12th November. Just finished the season as champions with 100 points from 42 games. Scored 118 and let in 40.

Definitely works in the Portuguese Second Division then :thup:

This tactic is working well for me. Only been using it half a season so far but I'm impressed.

Most of my goals come from crosses or corners. Joaquin is on fire, and Willian is my top goal scorer. I have Joaquin on the right wing, and Willian on the left. Crosses come from the right, and Willian bangs them in. Defense is nice and sold, and the 2 holding players do a good job.

Tg4zA.jpg

GQOyS.jpg

AHDwd.jpg

QQc2z.jpg

Definitely impressed so far.

It seems that it is the individual training focus that increases the overload, and not learning a new position. So now I'm leaving general training intensity on average, and if players complain about excessive training I remove the individual special focus.

About match preparation, I'm now testing defensive positioning, with great results so far. First 5 games of the 2nd season, 5 wins:

Arsenal N 3x1 Community Shield

Newcastle H 5x2 Premier Division

Bolton A 4x1 Premier Division

FC Bayern N 4x0 Euro Super Cup

Liverpool A 4x0 Premier Division

Update:

3rd season with Santa Clara in Portuguese Second Division was going well. By the end of March we were comfortable in 10th and looking safe. Hertha Berlin came in for me for me and, even though they were currently in the German Second Division in 8th position, with their potential it was the right time to move.

My appointment had an immediate effect and we went on a great run to finish in 2nd position and win promotion to the Bundesliga.

Great stuff :thup:

Record so far:

Santa Clara - Portuguese Second Division - 5th

Santa Clara - Portuguese Second Division - 3rd

Santa Clara - Portuguese Second Division - 1st - Promoted as champions

Santa Clara - Portuguese First Division - left team at end of March in 10th position

Hertha Berlin - German Second Division - appointed end of March, team in 8th - 2nd - Promoted as runners up.

The verdict is that this is a good tactic for this patch, not as effective as it was for FM11 and FM12, but good. It needs a few tweaks to adapt to the new ME, it would be great if el_magico could release a new version.

I recently started testing the "Modern Warfare 442" tactic and had some great results with it, and the football looks really nice. I would recommend that anyone looking for a good 442 tactic give it a go.

The verdict is that this is a good tactic for this patch, not as effective as it was for FM11 and FM12, but good. It needs a few tweaks to adapt to the new ME, it would be great if el_magico could release a new version.

I recently started testing the "Modern Warfare 442" tactic and had some great results with it, and the football looks really nice. I would recommend that anyone looking for a good 442 tactic give it a go.

I was literally about to msg you and ben (ruudvanwarren) about the modern warefare tactic. Only started testing it last night but it seems good! Are you using it with the shouts?

I was literally about to msg you and ben (ruudvanwarren) about the modern warefare tactic. Only started testing it last night but it seems good! Are you using it with the shouts?

No shouts, most instructions are manually tweaked. Best tactic so far.

Where is his FM2011 tactic located?

Archived