1920x1080 best skin ?

Casual

Can anyone suggest a skin that best goes with the resolution 1920x1080, meaning that the font should be a lot bigger than what is when the same resolution is turned on the base skin.

I'm having a lot of frustrations right now because I cannot find the right resolution for my BENQ 24 inch monitor. I used to play in 1280x800 but it seems to me it is a bit uglier now, and 1980x1080 is my natural&recommended res so FM match looks very good, unlike the microscopic small letters that I just can't tolerate.

The white base skin looks the best to me, but with maximum 50% bigger fonts that I downloaded it's still too small. So if anybody could recommend a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

As I promised, I made a solution for your problem, first of all download this skin:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/340094-FM13-RELEASED-Alavanja-13-Amazing-Skin

then download this http://www.mediafire.com/?v1y18v89apiuclj file and extract it to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins\alavanja 13 amazing\settings and will be like this:

large-font.png

Cheers.

Thanks for your effort, but this is the same as base skin that I described in the first post- with maximized fonts (50% bigger). The font is still too small, and has too many places where letters are "eaten".

I still need something bigger than this :)

The font size and the whole constalation of 1280x800 for example would be ideal, but font is not the only problem with your example... it's small player photos, news items fonts that are still miniature... I would gladly use 1280x800 if the match didn't look crappy.

Unfortunately it seems that I will have to change resolution every time before the match in this FM which already makes me sick and destroys my will to play...:/

Go into skin settings xml file, find those lines:

<!-- text settings that vary from the defaults -->

<flags id="text_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="text_size_small" value="8" />

<integer id="text_size_normal" value="8.5" />

<integer id="text_size_large" value="10" />

<flags id="hint_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="hint_size" value="8.5"/>

<flags id="control_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="control_size_normal" value="8.5"/>

<flags id="menu_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="menu_size_small" value="7"/>

<integer id="menu_size_normal" value="8.5"/>

<integer id="menu_size_large" value="10"/>

<flags id="title_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="title_size_large" value="18"/>

<integer id="title_size_normal" value="16"/>

<integer id="title_size_small" value="12"/>

<integer id="title_style" value="semi_bold"/>

<flags id="html_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="pitch_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="duty_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

and edit that numbers however you want.

The problem with simply editing the font sizes is that the area's that the text is shown is not adjusted accordingly, so while the letters increase in size, you just get parts of the words and have to hover over to get the full text.

I play on 2560 x 1440 on my 27" iMac and I have no problems with small fonts.

The problem with simply editing the font sizes is that the area's that the text is shown is not adjusted accordingly, so while the letters increase in size, you just get parts of the words and have to hover over to get the full text.

I play on 2560 x 1440 on my 27" iMac and I have no problems with small fonts.

You're gona kill your eyes with the late nights with the small fonts in the long run mate!

I am having headache because of this small fonts. I also have a 15.6'' screen and 1920x1080 resolution. Sometime I need to use ruler for stats :( I wish we can have some kind of a larger fonts skin or an option to increase the size of fonts for high resolutions...

• 3 weeks later...

This is ridiculous my friend. If SI had an office in my country I'd go there and shout I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

IF ANYBODY FROM SI READS THIS, I WILL REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTILL YOU ANSWER ME OR BAN ME! The only resolution in which I don't get letters in the shape of eggs is my natural res 1980x1920 but it has MICROSCOPIC letters. I would gladly play in any other resolution with bigger letters, but as I repeat they either have stretched egg letters or are completely blurry.

Have some decency and at least write "Sorry, there is no solution". I started like 3 topics on 3 different forum sections, and no one answered

Look at the last sentence I wrote... It's professional to answer a question based on a serious problem that prevents people to enjoy and play the game, not hide and keep your head down because you don't have decency to say WE FAILED and you can't play the game normally.

I've been interested in this for a while, as I played at 1920x1080 for a while with no issues, and now play at 2560x1440 with no issues, do you sit a fair distance away from your monitor? Do you have trouble with, for instance, reading the text in web browsers, etc.?

How did they fail? Just because you think it's uglier? Yeah right, stop being so rude, and just play it, who cares if it's uglier.

You deserve to be punched in the face for this comment. Cheeky ******* like you who don't read nothing that's written but have the possibility to write something are the reason why sometimes internet is a very ******** place to have a discussion.

You deserve to be punched in the face for this comment. Cheeky ******* like you who don't read nothing that's written but have the possibility to write something are the reason why sometimes internet is a very ******** place to have a discussion.

No need for the insults, or the 'I need to be punched in the face' comment, maybe I shouldn't have worded it the way I did, but seriously, it's a game, you play it for the way it plays, not the way it looks, it's never really looked 'pretty', but it's playable, that's all that matters, I read things plenty thanks.

You're gona kill your eyes with the late nights with the small fonts in the long run mate!

A common myth :).

I can't believe people are complaining about 1920 x 1080, the text isn't what I'd describe as small. If this is giving you issues, you may need glasses.

No need for the insults, or the 'I need to be punched in the face' comment, maybe I shouldn't have worded it the way I did, but seriously, it's a game, you play it for the way it plays, not the way it looks, it's never really looked 'pretty', but it's playable, that's all that matters, I read things plenty thanks.

No you don't read anything and you are the one who is rude meddling in something you have no business in. I have a technical problem, that I'm unable to play the game in any other resolution except 1920x1080 (and I could in previous versions) in which the letters are tiny- the fact that has been mentioned by hundreds of people in many topics on this and other forums, not just this year. So it's not about "ugly" as you said, it's about I either don't see anything and mess up my sight when i play at night, or play with a blurry/stretched screen. It absolutely has nothing to do with being pretty or not, and that proves you haven't read anything I wrote before, or just aren't smart enough to understand.

Either way, you are way out of line with comments like "play the game and shut up" so please go write in some other topics because provoking people who would like to play the game but have technical issues is just very low!

A common myth :).

I can't believe people are complaining about 1920 x 1080, the text isn't what I'd describe as small. If this is giving you issues, you may need glasses.

Looking at your team squad screen you can see that the whole squad fits in the top half of the screen while half of the other screen is just blank space. There is no myth, high resolutions just aren't optimized, and this was admitted by SI; they said it's too much work to make it bigger and that they would have a lot of possible problems.

Well, if it's like that I only want an answer in which other lower resolution I can play the game in without having unnaturally stretched font, players etc.

if 1920 x 1080 works fine for you you could try other 16:9 resolutions, 1600 x 900 is the next one but you might want to try others

640×360, 854×480, 960×540, 1024×576, 1280×720, 1366×768, 1600×900

as for SI support, I guess they give skinning support which allows us to do whatever we want to the skins, few games gives us this kind of options.

Of these resolutions you've mentioned I only have 1366×768 and 1600×900 offered in the dropdown menu, and they both have like a thumb thick black space both at the top and the bottom, and a bit blurry letters as well.

I have my drivers updated, so I don't know what is the problem. I have to mention when I was connected my monitor with another VGA cable (probably a bad old, cable because PC recognized my monitor as generic) I had all these other resolutions available to choose, and I found one that is suitable and isn't messed up (think it was 1280xsomething) but when I connect it with a new cable, and PC recognizes my monitor as BENQ E-24 5500, all resolutions I get are these and basicaly none of them are good except 1980x1080 which is to small :(

http://i46.tinypic.com/2iu3ltu.png

I already wrote that the the base skin with max fonts is still too small, and also when you do that you are unable to see many letters in the game and that looks very ugly. I just want to be able to play the game with normal skin, in a lower resolution.

Screenshot you see on the forum doens't realisticaly show the 24 screen in front of your face displaying small letters at 2 o'clock in the morning. This is a thing that many people already complained about so I have no desire to prove it to anybody.

Bottom line is, I need help with the problem, if there isn't anyone willing to help, or has no knowledge how, flush the topic down the toilet... I'll wait for FM 2014, I'm so used to SI's unprofessionality and used to waiting for things to be patched in this game that I just don't give a damn anymore

I don't get the black border, but I guess it can happen with some graphic cards/screens.

Here's my last idea (is not ideal but it might help)

1. change your desktop resolution to 1600x 900 or 1366×768, You shouldn't get the black border when you do this, if you do, it might be a screen/graphic card compatibility issue

2. try setting up FM in windowed mode and maximize the screen

3. change your desktop resolution to whatever you like after closing the game

Same here; unfortunately I am in position with casual as well. As I wrote before after playing the game certain amount of time I am having headackes. Check this out:http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3271/standingsf.jpg

Can anyone follow a team in standing without a ruler?

Do we need the space that I circuled out in below?

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3672/newsnt.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1015/teamxnk.jpg

Some of you guys might be younger or may have better eyes than us, but neither game nor none of the custom skins are optimized for 1920*1080 resolutions. Optimizing the game for 1920*1080 resolution might need some work, but old dudes like me would be very appreciated for the hard work. I am 35, but I think I am getting too old for this game :))

Some might suggest changing font size. I tried it but when I enlarge the fonts, the fonts won't fit in the space given for them.

They're not going to answer every time someone moans for an "official answer". If they did that they'd never get any other work done. Like others have said, they give a ridiculous amount of support to people who want to go out and play about with the game and its views. In an era where some games are blocking any kind of mod support, we should be considered pretty lucky. So maybe SI are simply concentrating on things that are far more important in the grand scheme of things, and hoping the community will fill the gaps for anyone who is displeased by the interface as it stands? Or would that be too sensible.

I'm tired of listening to SI's lawyers seriously... I'm sorry but you should all go mind your own business, because people are just looking to solve their problems and nothing more. This is highly unprofessional from them, and nobody who has a problem wants to read comments such as yours... It's boring...

The topic has over one thousand views and still no answer from SI. Thanks again...
I'm tired of listening to SI's lawyers seriously... I'm sorry but you should all go mind your own business, because people are just looking to solve their problems and nothing more. This is highly unprofessional from them, and nobody who has a problem wants to read comments such as yours... It's boring...

I understand that you're obviously frustrated by the issue you and some others have here, but the attitude you use in your posts about it is hardly going to make people go out of their way to help you. Your response here is nothing short of rude.

Regarding the "issue" itself, have you actually brought it to SI's attention? You quote the number of views of this thread, but that's not bringing it to SI attention. Their staff won't be able to go through every single thread on the community forum, and let's face it, the title of this thread isn't exactly screaming "there's an issue here that I'd like a response to" - it's asking an opinion of those using custom skins, that's all.

I'm rude because I have opened 3 topics about this on 3 different forum sections, in December, and I've got no answers from anyone at SI, and I don't really need to put up with bull^$%# from people who don't want to help but are advocating SI for whatever stupid reasons they have.

I'm not playing the game for months now because of this problem, and I'm really at a point of no return so I couldn't care less if I was banned from this forum for swearing at someone who just wants to add some salt on my wound. In real life I would punch them in the face screaming "go and play the f-ing game if you like it and stop meddling in other's people business if you don't want to help and have nothing smart to say".

When you drop your resoloution below your monitors default resolution you should have an option somewhere in the drivers for your graphics card (or your monitor) to scale the display up so it fills the full screen, which will result everything being bigger for you.

If you pick a 16:9 resolution then it should scale fine.

I'm also suffering from this. 1920*1080, 16,4' screen, texts are awfully small.
I am having headache because of this small fonts. I also have a 15.6'' screen and 1920x1080 resolution. Sometime I need to use ruler for stats :( I wish we can have some kind of a larger fonts skin or an option to increase the size of fonts for high resolutions...

The problem you both have is not with the fact that you are running at 1920*1080 it is that you are running at that resolution on tiny screens, as I said above you can lower your resolution and then enable scaling in your graphic card drivers.

Archived