Sports Interactive Community
akuji2012

Strikers and positioning

Does a striker need positioning for any reason? my strikers seem to have low positioning but i thought it might be useful for getting on the end of crosses and being in the right place at the right time.

simple answer: yea

A striker with high positioning will stand in the right spot, being able to create more chances to score.

i believe positioning is for intercepting passes while off the ball is for recieving balls. So my guess is positioning skill may be useful for only pressing forwards.

A striker with high positioning will stand in the right spot, being able to create more chances to score.

This is misinformation. Positioning does not help a striker offensively, only defensively.

Off the ball is the attribute that defines wether or not the striker moves into smart offensive positions.

That's what Off The Ball is for. Positioning is a similar stat but for defensive purposes. Look through some of the top attacking players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo etc.) and you'll generally see that their positioning stat is pathetically low in comparison to all their other mental stats. It's far more important to defenders than attackers.