Loans affecting home-grown status?

I am sure that in previous versions of the game you could send players (18-21) on loan to other clubs and they would still get the "home-grown at club" status. So the years on loan were actually counted as years of development at the club.

If I have a look at my two young brazilians now that I signed before they turned 19 and that spent a season on loan at another German club, in their "due date" collumn it says they will only be home-grown in nation and not at club. So is it true that those players will not be home-grown at club and that we cannot send players on loan if we want them to get this status?

In FM2011 onwards, loans to other clubs have not counted as time spent at club. It's true in FM2010 (and presumably before that) that you could loan players out without issue, but that is no longer the case.

So simply, if you want a player to be home-grown at club, and spend some time on loan, you're going to have to either sign them earlier, or if not possible - just dont loan them till they're home-grown.

Archived