Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone had this situation -

My team is taking an attacking freekick, right hand side of the pitch about 40 yards from the goal.

Whole oppositon team is defending.

I have two fullbacks hanging back + the freekick taker. Rest of my team are up for the freekick.

taker for some reason decides to play the ball to the fullback.

Whole oppo team rushes out and goes to close down my fullback, who dallies on ball trying to avoid being takcled.

During this time whilst my fullback is in possesion none of the rest of my team come back or return to their positions, they stay haning around the edge of the box despite being very offside.

Eventually my fullback tried to make a pass, it gets intercepted and the opposition score as it's like 6 on 2.

???

Do you have the match file (pkm) with this event?

You should post this in the bug forum.

The ME update is not ready yet. But we are getting closer, I hope. We want to release something that genuinely improves the game and will make sure all of our testers are happy before giving it the green light.

The ME update is not ready yet. But we are getting closer, I hope. We want to release something that genuinely improves the game and will make sure all of our testers are happy before giving it the green light.

Agreed, I really don't like the current ME but what would be worse is putting another update out and it goes worse rather than better.

Paul, Thank you for your update but please, please, please sort out penalties and crosses. I have had yet another penalty shoot out that I have lost due to "three" players doing these little "chip" penalties that the keeper could have breakfast, lunch and dinner and still have time to throw his cap on it. It's been there since release. Wouldn't mind so much if the opposition didn't all blast theirs!! I don't actually mind players blasting over the bar, woodwork or even keeper saves but these "dink" penalties only ever are tried on occasion by players with incredible self confidence like Di Canio and when they do take them it's usually straight down the middle as the keeper dives not aimed into the corner!!!

Crossing - I have wingers with 16 and 17 on crossing with Andy Carroll and Chamakh up top but the heat map shows a lot of red dots meaning failed crosses. Tried every "aim" possible. Not expecting every cross to meet it's target obviously but the stats are woeful and render wing play and the use of a big man up top useless.

Appreciate the update Paul.

Case of being patient I guess.

Why the constant need for attention and 'feedback' from SI. Let them get on with fixing the game. Some of you have serious complexes. Did your parents not love you enough?

Probably for the same reasons you feel the need to post and insult people. If you are not contributing to the thread in a constructive manner then please refrain from posting. This goes for everyone and not only you.

Would be nice to know how that is coming along given its been a week though. Some people haven't played since Xmas now. Not me but I know some who dislike it that much.

Aye me I have played about 2 hours of each update so far, that is a first with FM for me.

big kuddos and big thanx to you Paul for keeping us up to date with your info. am missing the game like hell :D I know you guys are working hard on getting this fixed and I know that that will mean that we will adore the game ones again.

cheers Paul and again thanx for status heads up.

Okay, a few times i have noticed free headers in the box and have never really taken any notice but this time after watching the replay i noticed that my defense ran the wrong way which allowed an oposition player to score with no pressure on him what so ever. Things like this just boil my blood. It's just so terrible! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

[video=youtube;HxeFmMqTc1M]

Probably for the same reasons you feel the need to post and insult people. If you are not contributing to the thread in a constructive manner then please refrain from posting. This goes for everyone and not only you.

Where did I insult anyone? :confused:

If this thread only contained 'constructive' comments it would be 2 pages long rather than the 24 odd thats it been allowed to get to.

Where did I insult anyone? :confused:

If this thread only contained 'constructive' comments it would be 2 pages long rather than the 24 odd thats it been allowed to get to.

Why the constant need for attention and 'feedback' from SI. Let them get on with fixing the game. Some of you have serious complexes. Did your parents not love you enough?

Maybe that?

Takes me longer than that before I ever get to play a match :D

Aye a know what your saying mate by the time you set things up team, tactics, training, etc but 2 hours ME time on each build I just can't bring myself to spend ours trying to combat the ME bugs rather than being able to just set up my team to play a certain way and watch them play it has been like this with every build, coming on here probably never helped me either Kriss seeing all the bugs pointed out to you puts you off, that's why I quit testing FM after 3.5 years just couldn't enjoy the game as well as test it all the bugs being pointed out just spoiled it, every time I played it just felt like testing looking for bugs, might stay away from here for next years version.

Okay, a few times i have noticed free headers in the box and have never really taken any notice but this time after watching the replay i noticed that my defense ran the wrong way which allowed an oposition player to score with no pressure on him what so ever. Things like this just boil my blood. It's just so terrible! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Perhaps they were trying to put the opponent offside, no?

Aye a know what your saying mate by the time you set things up team, tactics, training, etc but 2 hours ME time on each build I just can't bring myself to spend ours trying to combat the ME bugs rather than being able to just set up my team to play a certain way and watch them play it has been like this with every build, coming on here probably never helped me either Kriss seeing all the bugs pointed out to you puts you off, that's why I quit testing FM after 3.5 years just couldn't enjoy the game as well as test it all the bugs being pointed out just spoiled it, every time I played it just felt like testing looking for bugs, might stay away from here for next years version.

Know what you mean, I haven't tested for 2 years and I don't miss it tbh, I enjoy the game far more now.

As for the ME if I don't like it I at least have 2D and instant results as a pain free way to play. :)

What about hitting the crossbar ~3 times/game. Will that be ever fixed ( i think it's there since FM 09, at least).

I think this will be fixed... simple because the overall amount of shots will also be reduced. At least i hope it will be fixed.

Anyone else suffer regularly from the curse of the "injury after using three subs so finish the game with 10 men!!" ?

This year this only happen to me 2 or 3 timesm and i usually make my third sub around 60 or 70 minute

With FM2012 it was a serious issue because, imo, happen too many times. But with FM2013 to be honest i dont thinks is a issue, at least from my experience with the game.

I think it just needs a tune.

- Reduce long shots

- full backs to close down more realistically

- Keepers be a bit more solid

Long term, I think people would be less frustrated if they were more aware of where they were going wrong.

E.G "Why has Gael Clichy skinned my entire team from his own corner flag?" -Assistant manager: Our tackling is too cautious and our d-line is too high.

Or

"Why has that useless 50m striker missed from two yards?! AM: He's nervous. Try Putting another man up fron with him to lighten the responsibility

I have refrained from saying this but know I feel that the game is just unplayable.

The amount of times that I have raged quit due to a generic crossed goal.

THAT IS THE ONLY TYPE OF GOAL THAT IS SCORED AGAINST ME. It's pathetic.

I can't play the game.

Also the game is so inconsistent. One game my players can pass like Barcelona (how I've set them up to play), and the next they can't find a 5 yard pass.

Another thing is the pure reluctance to turn round and see the options.

The AI when on top is making passes that my players just would not see.

Example: CB has the ball facing the right, somehow he picks out a 25 yard ball to left.

I was trying to balance this out with FM12 but now I'm just fed up of it (FM13).

My advice to SI would be to take as much time with this patch as possible. Make sure you get it right because you have a lot of people (and I mean the majority of the FM community) depending on this patch. It better be awesome.

Wait what? Messed up how? Do you have a link? Can you clarify?

Part of PaulC's post from January 8th

This is where we are at:

I am working daily on the 13 ME to provide an update for you hopefully well before the February data update but no date has been set as it isnt ready yet. So far despite having reduced long shots and improved defending vs dribbling etc the knock-ons have left things unbalanced. For example there are not enough goals at lower levels but plenty at higher ones. So until I can sort that out, hopefully without new knock-ons I cant schedule an update. If we can rebalance quickly then we will release one ASAP and then decide thereafter if more improvements are needed before or on the data update.

Sorry I cant be more specific!

He has also been more specific as to what the changes have been in the various builds they have been working on, but I can't be bothered finding it, took me about 15 mins to find the one above!

In my last four games there have been a combined 204 shots. Evenly shared between both teams more often than not. Fulham outshot my Spurs side 32 - 10

and still lost 3-1 as well.

Slightly unrealistic.

In my last four games there have been a combined 204 shots. Evenly shared between both teams more often than not, however Fulham outshot my Spurs side 32 - 10 and they still lost 3-1.

Slightly unrealistic.

In my last four games there have been a combined 204 shots. Evenly shared between both teams more often than not. Fulham outshot my Spurs side 32 - 10

and still lost 3-1 as well.

Slightly unrealistic.

It's well known problem. Would be nice to have a list of known 'known/being looked in' to ME and non-ME issues to save everybody's time/effort. I'm not a bug tester by trade and wasting my time reporting bugs or uploading my save for free smacks of something not so good when it's already known. :)

Fair point mate. It baffles me that a game can be released with so many imperfections. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a new ME and not to detract from the hard work that goes into the game, but why not build towards perfection rather than starting over.

Anyhow, as long as i'm on the winning side I'm not too fussed, just waiting for my keeper to bottle it and concede another howler.

Fair point mate. It baffles me that a game can be released with so many imperfections. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a new ME and not to detract from the hard work that goes into the game, but why not build towards perfection rather than starting over.

Anyhow, as long as i'm on the winning side I'm not too fussed, just waiting for my keeper to bottle it and concede another howler.

In order to reach perfection, they had to start over, thats exactly why they did it.

Lets Hope there's not another entirely new ME for FM 14!!

I'd rather want this one to be fixed & improved for the next release and not go through this "new ME" bugs adventure again. However the rest of the game, the interface and visuals could be changed because it's been a while since the game was refreshed in that way.

I just got bounced from the FA Cup by Scunthorpe (as Chelsea) because:

1) Their only shot on target (of 2 total shots) went in. Of course it was from a corner where 4 of my players seemed very close to where the ball would land, but one Scunthorpe player outjumped all of them.

2) Petr Cech allowed a ball hit from all of 60 yards to go straight through his hands. Somehow it was counted as an own goal even though it did not seem to touch him.

3) My players hit woodwork FIVE times.

I would have rage quit if I had a recent save. This crap is absolutely infuriating.

rather have FM12's for FM14.. having Bassong as top scorer was hilarious :p

and i have just had back to back 7-0 wins in league matches.

against Sunderland and Man city :/ so my tactics are working superbly

however play a slightly weaker team in a cup game it is a struggle, I think a few stats points in differance and the game behaving completly differantly is a tiny bit excessive.

I have faith that some of the very bizarre decision-making on the offensive end will be fixed soon. What I'm afraid won't (or can't) be fixed in the next update is a fundamental lack of ball awareness. All too often you see players running to where the ball was, rather than where it is. They'll often overrun the ball, or not make interceptions that are right in front of them. It's like there is far too great a delay in player's vision/perception.

Thanks for the update PaulC.

Would just like to say that thanks for your hard work and that I for one am glad you are taking your time over the update.

I am one of the people that have stopped playing since this last update. It's not because the ME isn't unplayable or anything like that, I just don't get a great deal of enjoyment out of it! Therefore I would rather wait longer and have an update that is well tasted and done to the usual SI standards. The problems are well written about here but the ME isn't a mile away.

As long as the super-dribbler issue is solved and there is less goals from crosses to the back post or crazy defending mistakes I for one would be happy. These are the things that are incredibly frequent and take away from the enjoyment of the game.

I do feel like the last patch was somewhat rushed. I know you worked hard to get out the Christmas Eve patch out and many people showed their appreciation, but I can't help feeling it was pushed out to try and make sure the game was better for those who would be getting the game on Christmas Day. I think it turned out rushing it a bit didn't help, and was a backward step compared to the progress made in the other patches.

I hope this time you continue to take your time and get it right like you have before.

Thanks again for all your hard work. Don't be put off by some of the crazy over critical posts on here!

My biggest concern and why I'm getting frustrated with this years FM.

Player reactions to what is happening on the pitch. I mean omg, sometimes it's like I'm whatching a slow motion when my team si set to play counter attack quick football. I see countless times that my MC is just barely nodges the ball out wide to the ML or MR, it's taking forever. (i can understand if he is frustrated because I play exploit the flanks shout but maaaan this is annoying)

The solutions that I see on the attacking third is shalow, hit the ball from far away (I know lots of people mentionde this). Cross the ball in the box see what will happen. I wont shoot until I'm so closed down that when I shoot instead of passing the ball, it lends on the corner flag.

I went back to FM12 and quickly turned it of because I realised it's ME is so much smoother that if I would finish a game on FM12 I might not come back for FM13 (and that's just 30 Euros out the window, and thats a lot of money where I live)

Ultimetly I think actual gameplay flow or animations are needed to be adressed to. Otherwise the ME will never get as good as FM12 and will ruin my experience as well.

* Forgot this one: Players wont react to ball near them, because pass is intended for another player, but because pass it's so slow or misjudged it will get snatched up by opposition, while player is acting like a refere just standing there as if he is not part of the actual gameplay. Normaly even if you can't get to the ball you would try to close down, or chase the oppositions player to get the ball back. Nooooo they wait until they hav 10-15 meter advantage and then they realise ohhhhh I actually play this game not just spectate.

Sorry for the rant, but I need to vent my system.

Im playing as Nueva Chicago in the Argie second division, a big game near the end of the season against Independiente Rivadavia. Ourselves in 3rd and them in 4th and bearing in mind 3 go up and the top 2 are 15 points clear, it’s a huge game for both of us.

A tight game, we go 1 up after 50 minutes only to be pegged back straight away to 1-1. In the 90th minute they clear a ball out of their box which my left back Lucas Banegas chases after under no pressure as it was only him and my keeper in our half of the pitch. He takes 2 or 3 touches so he’s level with the 18 yard box at which point he decides to VERY slowly roll the ball back to Jhonny Da Silva in goal. When the ball was half way back, inexplicably Jhonny Da Silva took this moment to make some sort of protest as he slumped to the floor and just sat there as the ball very, very slowly by now rolled ever closer to him. It had nearly stopped when it hit Jhonny’s back and gained a bit of momentum before very very slowly rolling onto the goal line where it appeared to stop (much to the relief of the Nueva Chicago dugout).

At this point Jhonny realised he was letting his team mates and manager down with this ill conceived sit down protest, unfortunately in trying to redeem himself he bolted upright, ran over to the ball and in doing so managed to knock it the 0.5mm needed to constitute a goal. He immediately held his head in his hands I noticed so I imagine he’s pretty cut up about it.

Im playing as Nueva Chicago in the Argie second division, a big game near the end of the season against Independiente Rivadavia. Ourselves in 3rd and them in 4th and bearing in mind 3 go up and the top 2 are 15 points clear, it’s a huge game for both of us.

A tight game, we go 1 up after 50 minutes only to be pegged back straight away to 1-1. In the 90th minute they clear a ball out of their box which my left back Lucas Banegas chases after under no pressure as it was only him and my keeper in our half of the pitch. He takes 2 or 3 touches so he’s level with the 18 yard box at which point he decides to VERY slowly roll the ball back to Jhonny Da Silva in goal. When the ball was half way back, inexplicably Jhonny Da Silva took this moment to make some sort of protest as he slumped to the floor and just sat there as the ball very, very slowly by now rolled ever closer to him. It had nearly stopped when it hit Jhonny’s back and gained a bit of momentum before very very slowly rolling onto the goal line where it appeared to stop (much to the relief of the Nueva Chicago dugout).

At this point Jhonny realised he was letting his team mates and manager down with this ill conceived sit down protest, unfortunately in trying to redeem himself he bolted upright, ran over to the ball and in doing so managed to knock it the 0.5mm needed to constitute a goal. He immediately held his head in his hands I noticed so I imagine he’s pretty cut up about it.

Best. FM. Story. Ever.

Archived