Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Hunter T, I am not saying the ME is without fault, but remember players do make mistakes IRL too. Yes that one is a mistake someone would only make 1 in however many times, but it still could happen. In my game Dost has 12 for teamwork and 10 for decisions, not the hallmarks of a player that will always play in a team-mate when the opportunity presents. Maybe it isn't your tactics but your players.

In the Spurs game IRL a few minutes ago Taraabt just broke into the box from the right, had a beautiful layoff to Mackie open, but tried some kind of trick on the spot and ended up forced back out to the wing again. I can easily imagine you uploading one of your narrated screenshots to that too.

I have no idea why I spend so much time here, but I have to do something whilst FM is processing, and learning a language just seems too much effort.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea why I spend so much time here, but I have to do something whilst FM is processing, and learning a language just seems too much effort.

I, on the other hand, don't even own FM13, and yet I've read every post in this thread (and the previous ones). I've no idea why. :)

I, on the other hand, don't even own FM13, and yet I've read every post in this thread (and the previous ones). I've no idea why. :)

Because it's a fascinating insight into, gamers, football experts/non experts, and human nature in general? ;)

i have custom skin., but this issue apeared after last patch ,

I didn't put my assman on match preparation

Try reverting to the original FM skin (the white or the dark one), and see if it correct the problem. Sometimes custom skins must be updates to work fine with the new patches.

It's exactly this issue, that SI and PaulC have already acknowledged and hopefully will be fixed when the next patch is released!

But you already know this, so why do you insist in this sort of posts?

Allow me to have my doubts to what they have acknowledged or not. Would you please allow me that?

When i am reading (from the person in charge) that the ball plysics are better than that in FM12.

When i am reading that people should play FM12 if they want the FM12 ME back (again i am not one of them and by the way, how many are these people? Cause based from what i saw here, there are very few of them. Certainly fewer than the amount of people saying that this ME is bordering in the unplayable. So what gives? Are we using demographics only when is it to our favor? I am saying this because of a discussion i had with a mod here, about the amount of people who though that this ME is/was unplayable and he was suggesting that they were too few to be taken into account or something. What changed now? Why should Paul C, be using them as an example. For what? )

When i am reading from mods, that ''you know what buddy? You should buy this game in March, when it will be ok, we hope'' does it look like they have acknowledged any problem? If it does, than i am sorry mate, our quality standards are different.

When i am reading that this is a two-step forward one step backward process and everything will be amazing in FM14, do you want to know what i am really reading? That, well, this is work in progress really but you still have to pay it and actually be glad that you are treated as guinea pigs and not as customers with a right to have a not perfect, this can never be ofcourse, but at least not as buggy as this one. But dont worry, it will run like a swiss clock in a year from now (you ll have to pay again).

Would you like to go back to page one, of this thread, and actually see and read the first reactions to those problems evident from day 1 since the hotfix was released? Did you feel that you got a proper answer on how is it possible to miss these flaws? Did you? Could you please find it and post it? Furthermore, have you seen this? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/335071-Hey-Mourinho-it-s-your-tactics!?p=8351165#post8351165

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, allow me to have my doubts to what is acknowledged and what hopefully will be fixed, ok bro?

I posted a few days ago and I came back to see where the thread was. I am very happy to see that SI has acknowledged the issues of the ME and is working hard on the worst ones ASAP.

Now, I have a word for the people bashing the players who are complaining about the ME (I am thinking about Keizer Soze, milnerpoint, Target Practice and the moderator Kriss but not limited to them).

You post on a thread dedicated to "Constructive feedback" on the ME and you keep on bullying players who complain. Some of your points are true (Target Practice talking about the difficulty for SI to create a new ME in a year for example). But how on earth are you being "constructive"?

Some of the players complaining are not constructive at all, I'll give you that. The patience of Kriss and of the SI team is clearly tested in this thread. However, trying to explain and justify why the game is flawed is not constructive by any mean. You are probably free to defend SI and FM13, but why don't you start a new thread about "Why the ME in FM13 is bugged / Why you should not complain / How to be a good patient fanboy"?

I am not even talking about your arguments (78k ppl online, so the ME isn't bugged? Seriously?), you just are OFF TOPIC. You are only adding to the frustration of the players who come here to complain and to try to explain why they are disappointed with the game.

As for Kriss (and the other moderators), imho you do a bad job moderating those people. They are not constructive, they don't talk about the issues related to the ME, they just bash people for the most part but you stand there doing nothing. As I have stated in my previous posts, even worse than the ME issues is the way the whole matter is handled, you people are spending more time bashing players than talking about the ME issues.

This thread is ugly enough, I think it's fair to say that there is no need for fanboy vigilantes.

Would you like to go back to page one, of this thread, and actually see and read the first reactions to those problems evident from day 1 since the hotfix was released? Did you feel that you got a proper answer on how is it possible to miss these flaws? Did you? Could you please find it and post it? Furthermore, have you seen this? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/335071-Hey-Mourinho-it-s-your-tactics!?p=8351165#post8351165

I love that thread that MakaveliPT made. It's very funny, and it's made by a fellow portuguese user (like myself) that have the inteligence to laugh with some bugs that the ME have... because after all this is just a game.

When i am reading from mods, that ''you know what buddy? You should buy this game in March, when it will be ok, we hope'' does it look like they have acknowledged any problem? If it does, than i am sorry mate, our quality standards are different.

I'm pretty sure that sentence was written with lots of irony, because as you know lots of people area always saying that the game is inplayable untill the last patch when, all of the sudden it becames a perfect game.

When i am reading that people should play FM12 if they want the FM12 ME back (again i am not one of them and by the way, how many are these people? Cause based from what i saw here, there are very few of them. Certainly fewer than the amount of people saying that this ME is bordering in the unplayable. So what gives? Are we using demographics only when is it to our favor? I am saying this because of a discussion i had with a mod here, about the amount of people who though that this ME is/was unplayable and he was suggesting that they were too few to be taken into account or something. What changed now? Why should Paul C, be using them as an example. For what? )

Dont do that! Dont take quotes out of the original post! What PaulC said was...if you dont like the ball physics from FM2013, and prefer the one from FM2012, then it's better they play FM2012, because, as you know, the ball physics is completly new this year, and completly different from the previous edition.

Imagine, the ball physics from last year was a donkey... this one is a horse! It's hard to compare... because they are a different animal! If you like donkeys, play FM2012, if you prefer horses... play FM2013! :lol:

Now, I have a word for the people bashing the players who are complaining about the ME (I am thinking about Keizer Soze, milnerpoint, Target Practice and the moderator Kriss but not limited to them).

You post on a thread dedicated to "Constructive feedback" on the ME and you keep on bullying players who complain. Some of your points are true (Target Practice talking about the difficulty for SI to create a new ME in a year for example). But how on earth are you being "constructive"?

Bashing players? Bullying them? Are you serious?

I think that players have every right to come here and write whatever they wont. But if i dont agree with them, dont i have a right to say so?

If i read a user saying the game is unplayable simple because theres is too many long shots, dont i have the right to say that i dont agree?

- Ball physics. We are far happier with the ball physics in 13 than with what we had in 12, which had a less realistic model. That doesnt mean all is perfect as shown by the odd curve bug but those are rare enough :eek: that we concentrate elsewhere for the remainder of the 13 process.

That is what he said man, so i rest my case.

If you wana keep this up,better get your quotes straight, ok?

I posted a few days ago and I came back to see where the thread was. I am very happy to see that SI has acknowledged the issues of the ME and is working hard on the worst ones ASAP.

Some of the players complaining are not constructive at all, I'll give you that. The patience of Kriss and of the SI team is clearly tested in this thread. However, trying to explain and justify why the game is flawed is not constructive by any mean. You are probably free to defend SI and FM13, but why don't you start a new thread about "Why the ME in FM13 is bugged / Why you should not complain / How to be a good patient fanboy"?

I am not even talking about your arguments (78k ppl online, so the ME isn't bugged? Seriously?), you just are OFF TOPIC. You are only adding to the frustration of the players who come here to complain and to try to explain why they are disappointed with the game.

As for Kriss (and the other moderators), imho you do a bad job moderating those people. They are not constructive, they don't talk about the issues related to the ME, they just bash people for the most part but you stand there doing nothing. As I have stated in my previous posts, even worse than the ME issues is the way the whole matter is handled, you people are spending more time bashing players than talking about the ME issues.

This thread is ugly enough, I think it's fair to say that there is no need for fanboy vigilantes.

I dont normally rise to this kind of stuff. But I'm frankly sick to my back teeth of people making personal attacks on others simply because they disagree on a view. It's pathetic.

The single biggest disappointment about FM13 for me is how people treat each other. Ridiculous.

I love that thread that MakaveliPT made. It's very funny, and it's made by a fellow portuguese user (like myself) that have the inteligence to laugh with some bugs that the ME have... because after all this is just a game.

I'm pretty sure that sentence was written with lots of irony, because as you know lots of people area always saying that the game is inplayable untill the last patch when, all of the sudden it becames a perfect game.

Dont do that! Dont take quotes out of the original post! What PaulC said was...if you dont like the ball physics from FM2013, and prefer the one from FM2012, then it's better they play FM2012, because, as you know, the ball physics is completly new this year, and completly different from the previous edition.

Imagine, the ball physics from last year was a donkey... this one is a horse! It's hard to compare... because they are a different animal! If you like donkeys, play FM2012, if you prefer horses... play FM2013! :lol:

See, this is exactly what I am talking about. How is it "constructive"?

You keep on bashing, mocking and denying while not talking about the ME issues. Tell me what you think about the lack of throughballs or the insane number of long shots rather than attacking every player who is complaining about the ME.

EDIT: I should not have named people, I don't remember all the names and all the people, I just picked some of the people that seemed to be bullying players in the last few pages.

I dont normally rise to this kind of stuff. But I'm frankly sick to my back teeth of people making personal attacks on others simply because they disagree on a view. It's pathetic.

The single biggest disappointment about FM13 for me is how people treat each other. Ridiculous.

Meh its water off a ducks back, if anyone was really bullying anyone on here the mods would have dealt with it, there are more mods than just Kriss and not all of them (if any) agree with my view point on things.

But if I want to get where I want to be I would rather ride a donkey that I feel I have control over rather than a horse that does what it likes - often the opposite of what I want it to do.

EDIT: I should not have named people, I don't remember all the names and all the people, I just picked some of the people that seemed to be bullying players in the last few pages.

Well you really need to get it right and I don't think anybody here would deny you owe me an apology, I don't bully or bash and I've acknowledged the proven faults with the ME throughout this thread.

I have in fact banned one of the worst offenders and censured others both publically and privately.

But if I want to get where I want to be I would rather ride a donkey that I feel I have control over rather than a horse that does what it likes - often the opposite of what I want it to do.

Try riding a pig in Minecraft :D

See, this is exactly what I am talking about. How is it "constructive"?

You keep on bashing, mocking and denying while not talking about the ME issues. Tell me what you think about the lack of throughballs or the insane number of long shots rather than attacking every player who is complaining about the ME.

I was replying to a specific post, that began by Hunter T complaining about the lack of through balls, and i'm saying that issue is already acknowledge by SI. From there the conversation derived a bit.

I was not mocking him, or bashing his words... i simple dont agree with them.

My opinion about the ME?

It's by far the best i ever play ... and i play FM/CM since CM94.

Does it have issues? of course!

- Too many long shots

- Not enough through balls

- Keepers need to be fixed, because i think they have slow reactions in some plays

- Fullbacks/wingbacks need a little improvement in terms of closing down/marking the opponent winger

- Overall defense need a little improvement in terms of defending wide freeckicks

- Players with good speed/creativity/flair are too overated with this ME, and because of that they can dribble anyone from the midfield and score a easy goal

- Overall to many shots, goals, woodwork shots and chances (ccc or half chances)

I could go on! I never said the ME is perfect, and in fact i think i'll never will.

But, imo, one thing is saying that the ME is a good ME but have issues that need to be fixed... another thing is saying that because the ME have issues is completly unplayable and a joke. And in this point is where i and other users may be on "opposite sides".

@ Keyzer Soze

I agree with the (well-known) issues that you have highlighted.

I wouldn't say that the game is "unplayable" but as far as I'm concerned, I won't be playing it until the next patches since I can't stand the way my team behaves in extended highlights. It's just a matter of taste and opinion though.

@Kriss

I probably was too harsh in my comments, but I really feel like some people post only to defend SI and the game at all cost which is annoying and doesn't help to maintain a clean and constructive thread. Now, maybe you think I owe you an apology, but I don't. Maybe I wasn't clear but I never said that you were bashing people, if that's what you understood I must have expressed myself unclearly. I just think you could do a better job at keeping at bay the people who are not constructive, 2 examples:

- the argument about the number of people posting in the thread vs. the number of people playing for example;

- the argument about why it is so hard for SI to create a new ME.

I think my most constructive feedback now for this thread is to close it . All the bugs have been reported over and over and it is now just post after post arguing over whether SI should have stuck with the old ME or not , or which is better. They are not going to switch back to the old ME so that arguement is not going anywhere . SI know about the bugs and have replied elsewhere that they are trying to fix them without making something else worse, so this thread might as well be closed to stop further bitchfights .

@ Keyzer Soze

I agree with the (well-known) issues that you have highlighted.

I wouldn't say that the game is "unplayable" but as far as I'm concerned, I won't be playing it until the next patches since I can't stand the way my team behaves in extended highlights. It's just a matter of taste and opinion though.

You and others have every right to not play the game because of your team behaviour, or even have every right to say that the game is unplayable.

But, in the same way, i have every right not to agree with you (and others) and not be accused of bashing and bullying others. Just that :)

[quote name=Poulopo;8457496

@Kriss

I probably was too harsh in my comments' date=' but I really feel like some people post only to defend SI and the game at all cost which is annoying and doesn't help to maintain a clean and constructive thread. Now, maybe you think I owe you an apology, but I don't. Maybe I wasn't clear but I never said that you were bashing people, if that's what you understood I must have expressed myself unclearly. I just think you could do a better job at keeping at bay the people who are not constructive, 2 examples:

- the argument about the number of people posting in the thread vs. the number of people playing for example;

- the argument about why it is so hard for SI to create a new ME.[/quote]

So I should censor the people you don't want to hear?

I stopped regularly reading the forums due to the level of discourse and dissatisfaction with the moderators. Kriss is a great moderator and anyone insulting Kriss is way off base. The only attributes I have seen from him are: patience, civility, humor, empathy, and good judgement. I am among those dissatisfied with the current game and disappointed with how SI have approached this year's version. People generally assume that moderators are a part of SI - they aren't. They still reflect on the company in the minds of people who use the forum.

People should not insult Kriss, they should thank him for doing a good job. A job he doesn't have to do.

And thanks for listening to our concerns SI - the new ME changes appear to address the problems that made the game unappealing in this ME. I'm crossing my fingers that its true ;)

I have just system restored back to 13.1.3 and I can't recommend it enough. With the latest patch I was doing really well but never felt it was me making an impact as the ME is absolutely dire.

Finally I'm enjoying the game again

How do you do that?

You and others have every right to not play the game because of your team behaviour, or even have every right to say that the game is unplayable.

But, in the same way, i have every right not to agree with you (and others)

I agree that you have every right to do that, but you have to offer an explanation why you think that is.

I mean if you agree to these:

- Too many long shots

- Keepers need to be fixed, because i think they have slow reactions in some plays

- Fullbacks/wingbacks need a little improvement in terms of closing down/marking the opponent winger

- Overall defense need a little improvement in terms of defending wide freeckicks

- Players with good speed/creativity/flair are too overated with this ME, and because of that they can dribble anyone from the midfield and score a easy goal

- Overall to many shots, goals, woodwork shots and chances (ccc or half chances)

-Too many undefendable goals (a mod said that)

you have to offer some kind of explanation why you think is fun to play (i am not saying unplayable i am not going down that road) more than ''its your tactics'' and ''read the 12 step guide'' since all of the above are some pretty fundamental playing issues. And please dont use demographics.

How do you do that?

System restore on your windows, to a date before the release of the latest patch!

Its a wonderful feature, i suggest those not happy make use of it.

How does it work? If anyone from my ignore list write a post, i wont be able to read it?

you have to offer some kind of explanation why you think is fun to play (i am not saying unplayable i am not going down that road) more than ''its your tactics'' and ''read the 12 step guide'' since all of the above are some pretty fundamental playing issues. And please dont use demographics.

For me it's fun because I'm playing FMC and using instant results and 2D till the main ME glitches are sorted, in fact I'm enjoying it so much I may not ever start a full game save. :)

You see you should never assume that your criteria for fun and/or a good game is everybody elses.

I agree that you have every right to do that, but you have to offer an explanation why you think that is.

I mean if you agree to these:

- Too many long shots

-Too many undefendable goals (a mod said that)

I think it's fun, the same way i thought is was fun in previous FM... that also had issues like that.

I'm yet to play a FM that have a perfect ME. All the ones i play had issues, bugs, flaws! But when i play the game, i dont get too focus on those issues, i rather try to enjoy myself playing the game, and trying to see if the current ME is close enough to what i think is a football match, and with FM2013 i think its the closest we ever been... untill today. It's not perfect... no of course not, but it's step (huge step imo) closer when compare to FM2012... that, in case you forgot, also had issues, bugs and flaws.

I don't think anyone has to justify why they like it, nor anyone needs to justify why they don't like it. If people don't enjoy playing FM13 there is nothing wrong with that.

The only problem in my (unimportant) eyes is that if someone says it is unplayable (which I note you don't) then they need to back that up. Equally, if in trying to back anything up, people post evidence of events which may result in their lack of enjoyment, but try and display it as evidence it is broken, when that isn't necessarily the case, people should be free to point that out, as I have tried to with your Dost post, without being attacked by other posters for blindly defending the ME or whatever.

That said, I'll have a go anyway. I see flaws in the ME, but I have bigger issues with non-ME weaknesses. I still enjoy the game with regard to the ME as despite all these issues you note, I still find that it is the same for both teams, and is therefore a level playing field. I find that if I put out a team that should beat the opposition with tactics that, considering how the ME works, are good enough, then more often or not I will beat them. Sometimes, just as in football, this doesn't occur, which leads me to continually try to strengthen my team further. This is me playing and enjoying FM. I'll always hope the ME gets better, but you can only beat what is put in front of you, and I enjoy trying to do so.

The game should be fun in any level you wish to play it Kriss.

Soze, you still didnt came up with an explanation, of why it is fun, with all these issues occuring.

I've told you... with the current ME, i think i have the closest to a real football match.... wich is what i want when playing the game. I dont know how can be more clear then this :)

Archived