Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

• SI Staff
when you score the game stops for fraction of sec,but only happens when your team scores it appears.It was happening before the patch other people had commented.

This is an issue we are looking into, can you please try the following to see if helps you go into Preferences -> Match and where it says 3D change it from Automatic to 60fps and try going down the list and if it fixes the issue for you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Closing Down been tweaked?

In the previous patch I had my defenders on low Closing Down (3 clicks) and it seemed to work, but now they seem to back off until the player has entered the penalty area.

Cheers

You had found a fix for an issue that is now corrected, so as it was expected your defenders will back off too much, leave closing down as default and you should be fine.

• SI Staff
Has Closing Down been tweaked?

In the previous patch I had my defenders on low Closing Down (3 clicks) and it seemed to work, but now they seem to back off until the player has entered the penalty area.

Cheers

There has been some changes to engagement of ball player. On low closing down (3 clicks) the option is Own Area so it will be deep before the engage the player.

i signed kakuta from chelsea on loan he was dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily i thought he was great watching him do this and bang in a great goal so i signed him then i see the new patch has stopped this lol i hope he still is good now after this

Sorry I couldn't update, is that because I am playing the Asia version? Thanks and merry Christmas!

No, steam will update regardless of the game's language, close your game, restart steam see if it updates. If not click on your game properties on steam and verify the cache, that should do it.

Looks like I'm going to start again. Again.

Pre-patch; 8 wins in a row. After patch; 4 defeats in a row :(

Problem is, I'm not a tactical genius so I don't really know exactly where I was going right before. And now that the game is updated, I don't really know where I'm going wrong :D

Wow impressive work SI. Haven't updated yet but to get an update out at this time in the holiday is impressive. Hope people appreciate what these guys do. Not many (if any) other games companies who give this kind of service.

I just hope it doesn't wreck my tactics with Monaco! :D I'm on a good run!

I'd suggest giving it some time if it hasn't updated yet, especially those in Asia, Russia or any other regional area's... it may take some time for the clients to update.

You can try verifying your cache or restarting steam or changing download location.. but i'm sure it will update soonly :)

Okay, so i know its very early and i've only played a League Cup round but here is what i saw:

- Dribblings have been reduced down to 5-7 at average for the fastest and/or most technical players

- Tackles are down to 8-10 average

- Distance covered is still abit high IMO, with the highest bracket being 12-14 km average

So far it looks much better overall.

5th patch now in how many months since release, I think we all apreaciate the effort but shouldnt this be done before the game comes out

It's been explained ad nauseaum why this year is a bit of a one off regarding the ME.

Thanks indeed for releasing this n the middle of the holidays.

However, I've noticed a complete lack of through balls since the last two 13.2 patches. I mean none whatsoever, even though my instructions are clear. Anyone else noticed that? I haven't seen one in over 30 games (and I watch the whole game always) since 13.2. Instead all attacks are through the flanks...

• SI Staff
Hello guys. Playing russian version of the game and steam doesn't update the game (still me v1324). Restart steam doesn't work and i know a lot of people with such problem. Waiting for answer. Thanks

Unfortunatley we were unable to prepare this build in time, we apologise for this but it will be updated as soon as possible.

Has anybody noticed during night games, it's dark during the game (or at least it seems dark) but at half time and full time, while the camera spins around the ground in the background (behind the team talk screen) it's daylight? I can see clouds/blue sky.

Really strange.

I must admit, as a major skeptic of FM13 and its match engine, that this is an incredible effort from you guys at SI to release a patch on Christmas Eve.

:applause:

+1

You earned a million bonus points in my heart for your effort. I will buy your product again and again if the service is like this.

Regarding ME updates, Is there any possibility of having the option to delay the implementation of ME updates until the close season in game, it really throws the whole "im the manager ive created this tactic and played 75% of the season accordingly" to have it all changed at the drop of a hat. ESPECIALLY online.

The ME updated today and its altered the effects of slaved over tactics, if we could hold it off until the close season rather than the ME updating 2 days before a champs league knockout game etc etc, at least this way we would have the choice to end the current season on the terms it started it on, and then start the new season with the new set of rules you give us.

• SI Staff
Regarding ME updates, Is there any possibility of having the option to delay the implementation of ME updates until the close season in game, it really throws the whole "im the manager ive created this tactic and played 75% of the season accordingly" to have it all changed at the drop of a hat. ESPECIALLY online.

The ME updated today and its altered the effects of slaved over tactics, if we could hold it off until the close season rather than the ME updating 2 days before a champs league knockout game etc etc, at least this way we would have the choice to end the current season on the terms it started it on, and then start the new season with the new set of rules you give us.

This isn't something we can currently do, but I will propose it as a feature for possible future versions, but I don't know if this would be possible.

I wonder when it will be fixed that Wingers scoring after running with the ball from the crosses on the goalline ... this is so annoying and happens every game .. im watching football since many years and this happens almost NEVER... and btw .. my players still dribbling with the ball thru the whole field

I'm second in the league with Southampton in the first season, and despite doing ridiculously well I'm just not enjoying it at all. All my games seem to be won through counter-attacking despite not having a counter-attacking tactic, the prolificacy of both teams is laughable and all in all it just feels wrong. After playing three matches on the new patch here are a couple of things that are still not right:

Goalkeepers are still shockingly bad. A howler maybe a couple of times a season is fine, but having sometimes two every game is just stupid. Also noticed that my keeper once picked up the ball and slid out over the line. Should have been a corner, but he just walked back on and carried on with the game.

Fullbacks still insist on playing like Glen Johnson - dribbling far too much, not passing in obvious situations and cutting inside before blasting the ball miles wide. And yes, my instructions are all the opposite of what I've just said.

No matter how many men you have in midfield, I constantly get 'we're being overrun in midfield'. This happens whether I play 4-2-4, 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2 (Narrow), 4-1-2-1-2 etc etc. Just can't win.

Finally, fed up of having to trawl through my Mac and change the info.plst after every update to get the screen to display correctly. Appreciate the effort, but like Mr Hough said, five patches to get it anywhere near playable/enjoyable is laughable really. Just gonna call 13 a write off and wait for 14.

Total shots per game is still over 30 in current ME.

In the aspect of number of shooting, update 13.1.0 had the balance.

The problem was the low accuracy of the shooting and too many long shots.

After update 13.2.0, number of shooting has skyrocketed and the balance was lost.

In this update 13.2.1, now you are making the accuracy of shooting even lower.

Please try this solution.

1. Please increase the accuracy of shooting from the base of 13.1.0.

Increase to the 1.4 goals per game for Messi. (Messi scored one goal per game with User and AI manager in 13.1.0)

2. Solve the long shot problem.

Let the players to prefer pass or dribble when they are in the poor site for long shots.

Real Football numbers in this season

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa ; Chelsea 24 shots

Barcelona 5-1 Athletic ; Barcelona 19 shots

R.Madrid 5-0 Mallorca ; RM 12 shots

I want to play Football manager, which is a simulation game not an arcade game.

Current FM13 is Fifa13 without control

First match . i am QPR and just got my worse lost ever in all my years playing FM .. there full backs run me all over the place and they both scored . what a joke

too loss 9-0 in my first game with this patch says it all

<a  href=Man_Utd_v_Q_P_R_Stats_Match_Stats.jpg' a

And again nothing is done about the real problem - defending.

It's not just atrocious, it's laughable.

You've got some serious making up to do SI, or you'll lose at least 1 customer and a lot of your reputability and trust.

It's possible to deactivate automatic updates in steam, therefore you can chose when you want to update the game.

It's not possible, no.

The Steam DRM does not effectively allow deactivating updates to continue playing an older version, and the game DRM only permits Steam online play, so online leagues (which was the subject) can't choose to keep an older version.

Does this update fix the incredibly slow network game matches for clients? taking like 45 minutes to play 1 game, fm 2012 was perfect ran fine with no issues now this takes forever...

No this is a ME only hotfix as the change list says.

Just seen west brom beat chelsea 7-1. Im enjoying this patch. :lol:

Having got the game the day it came out i felt the match engine was originally pretty bad with so many ridiculous things going on. Having played with the patches since though i think the difference is clear to see. It has dramatically improved and i'm really enjoying it now. :thup:

I can't shake the feeling that Strikers are "nerfed" since 13.2 was introduced.

I have Vucinic,Matri,Quagliarella and since January I've brought in Cavani to Juventus. Together they scored "only" 26 of 81 goals with Vucinic leading them with 12 total.

I thank SI for taking the time to put out a new patch on Christmas eve :D

But it still seems like there are loads of shots every game 30-40 overall plus ive found my players are more prone to taking long shots when they have no chance at all of scoring. I've tried work ball in to the box and set the players who are doing it to long shots rarely but they seem to be doing it still even when there are good passing opportunities available.

Im not normally one to moan and usually just get on with it but every time i get a good game going with a decent tactic we are getting patches which as said above change the goalposts which is getting pretty annoying tbh.

But as i said i do appreciate SI doing what they are doing as i doubt any other big developer would do the same :)

Archived