Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Thank you all for your feedback on the last ME 1324, we've made the changes listed below and have now released ME 1325.

Please provide any thoughts and feedback on the new match engine in this thread.

ME 1325:

• Further refined engagement of ball player
  • Toned down speed players can run with ball a little
  • Slight toning down of run with ball probability
  • Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further

These changes should help to fix the following issues;

• Players dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily, too often
  • High number of goals per game
  • Teams winning games by margins of 5+ goals far too often

Other useful links

Release info - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l-Manager-2013

FM13 FAQ - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php

FM13 Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

All non-match engine feedback here please - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...eedback-Thread

Also please read this before posting - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nd-Forum-Rules.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas Stuart and everyone at SI and everyone on these boards.

I wont get the chance to play now until after Christmas,once the kid is in bed it is time to start building his gifts.

I will give feedback after I have had a chance to give it a whirl.

Have a good one everyone. :)

This is contructive feedback, have you tested the patch yet? And it's Christmas ffs so check your tone, show a little respect for their work.

well said - were all here with families etc and the guys working on this patch are wel...working on this patch for us all to enjoy - like someone said they could have quite easily left this until after Christmas - but their passion for the game is such that they felt this wasn't acceptable - again thank you SI

I am not talking smack about the game developers, im talking smack about the users that spent one month calling other users stupid because, in their minds, the ME had no problems and no one knew how to play.

The ME had problems, they were fixed. Then some more problems appeared (wingers playing like Maradona against England), those problems seem to be fixed with this patch.

As for some of the users here. The question remains, you were calling people stupid because the "ME was perfect". If it was so goddamn perfect... why did it need 2 patches? Ill tell you, it wasn't perfect and you were all sheep that could not comprehend that there were serious problems with the game!

• Administrators
Thanks guys! How do I check that my game will have updated? As I didn't notice Steam do anything, but it's set to automatic updates.

Check in your in-game preferences (top left-corner) or game status screen and it'll show you the version number. Thanks.

Hey all, thanks a lot for the update.

I'm out of town right now for the holidays and am deciding whether to go online with steam long enough to d/l using my network tethering from my iphone. I have a lot of data per month, but I'm just curious on the actual size of the patch?

Thanks again.

Thanks guys! How do I check that my game will have updated? As I didn't notice Steam do anything, but it's set to automatic updates.

Try going to STEAM --> Library and see if it says "1 Item complete" at the bottom. If it does, click it, and see if isnt FM.

If not, try restarting STEAM.

Hey all, thanks a lot for the update.

I'm out of town right now for the holidays and am deciding whether to go online with steam long enough to d/l using my network tethering from my iphone. I have a lot of data per month, but I'm just curious on the actual size of the patch?

Thanks again.

41mb i believe

great released a fix for this

but they've completely ignore editor bug forum since last week patch as problems that was suppose to fixed in the patch for the editor for those that like to create and expand database still doesn't work properly, not one issue raised since that patch has been reviewed so that we know its been looked at

i am happy for those that are able to play but those that like playing like i do with an editted databases still cant play the game,

we paided are money like everyone else and cant do what we are supposed to be able to do with the editor which they provide so why bother providing it

Ho Ho Ho, just got back from some last minute Xmas shopping to find that Santa has visited the SI forum & released a new patch before Christmas!

Looking forward to trying this out now, hope most of the problems have been resolved.

Thanks SI for getting this done on Xmas eve & Happy Holidays to you all!

Thanks for the update though still trying to find an answer for my previous post:-

Has the pressing of central defenders closing down central midfielders - even though they have instructions to cover and not close down been confirmed as a bug? It would be great to hear an acknowledgement if this is indeed a minor issue.

I noticed that Ackter wasn't a fan of 2 covering defenders in an earlier post on this thread which doesn't spell good omens for my side as I played with 2 covering defenders in the last patch with reasonable success, now however my defenders are having a torrid time. My concept is detailed in this thread :- http://community.sigames.com/showthr...06#post8402406

It's disappointing that I currently can't get my idea to work as I believe it was well thought out and was playing to my strengths (fast defence) rather than exploiting the match engine.

great released a fix for this

but they've completely ignore editor bug forum since last week patch as problems that was suppose to fixed in the patch for the editor for those that like to create and expand database still doesn't work properly, not one issue raised since that patch has been reviewed so that we know its been looked at

i am happy for those that are able to play but those that like playing like i do with an editted databases still cant play the game,

we paided are money like everyone else and cant do what we are supposed to be able to do with the editor which they provide so why bother providing it

It's an ME update and all other issues will be looked at for the next big update I'm sure..

For now, please keep on topic and leave this for ME feedback only.

Thanks.

full backs still seem to run too much with the ball.

my liverpool team just got ripped apart my man city because clichy kept dribbling through my entire team as if the ball was stuck to his big toe. he starts off deep in his own half, runs 70 yard up field, jinxing past every one and smashes it into the back of the net from 2 yards out.

i ended up losing 4-1 while playing a 4231 formation with two defensive midfielders and 3 normal midfielders. :(

i get it with my players too. most noticebly Enrique.

Ok i did my first game where i've stopped when the last patch came out, it's quite a hard game as it was away against Chelsea.

I lost 5-2, not bothered since the last patch came out there's something wrong with my tactics i'd guess as my lone striker simply stopped working.

+ It's good to see that the markings are now better, with CB's covering the side if FB's get too forward.

+ Tackling seems more urgent on situations there's gonna be a lotta space.

+ Dribblings seem fixed.

- On these 7 goals, 4 were headers which people were complaining about being missed too much.. i think i know what the next complain is.. hehe, no it was just a game no reason to conclude anything but they did seem very lethal.

Only downer i've noticed, although this might be related to my tactics, is why the players keep trying to pass the ball to places where's there an opponent in front?

Archived