Work permits and the reason this guy was turned down.

I think we should be told exactly why a player fails to get a work permit after he fails the appeal - at least then you could monitor the player until he gets the required number of games/caps/rep

The actual news saying "player x has failed to get a work permit and the transfer has been cancelled" (or similar) is a bit pathetic in a game that strives for realism IMO

Isn't there an age cut off? At 21, I wouldn't consider a player a young talent anymore. Whilst the 19 year old for me, would still be classed as one. Also, it appears, if I have read that right, the second player has already played for Man City, so must have qualified before hand to get one. Therefore it could have been easier to gain one considering he's already played in England before.

Isn't there an age cut off? At 21, I wouldn't consider a player a young talent anymore. Whilst the 19 year old for me, would still be classed as one. Also, it appears, if I have read that right, the second player has already played for Man City, so must have qualified before hand to get one. Therefore it could have been easier to gain one considering he's already played in England before.

There is no age cut off as far as I know (maybe for exceptional talent though). I'd still like to know why it's been turned down though.

Here is the law

To be eligible for a work permit:

• a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Here is the law

To be eligible for a work permit:

• a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Yes but there are obvious exceptions - look at Rafa and Fabio at United - sometimes in real life the person administrating the appeal throws the rule book out the window and makes the decision based on perceived or obvious potential

Like I said it would be nice to be informed just which part of the WP rules they failed on because IRL a club just wouldn't say "Oh OK" and left in the dark

Archived