FM13 AI Player Development Project

Erimus1876

Something very odd has happened.

I recently got this message, out of the blue, for no reason. It came after switching back from Full Screen to Windows on the start screen and then loading the game, and it's happened every time since.

I assume it must be relating to the reserve league, because suddenly the restrictions have been lifted!

fm13bug.png

Now I can choose any player for the reserve fixtures.

It's completely odd. I'm not sure what has caused it or why it has happened. I noticed that all the newgen's faces had been removed as well, but upon clearing and restoring the cache that resolved itself. I'm not sure if that's linked.

All very confusing.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok there's some bizarre bug in 5th season.

Man United's reserves are playing in three competitions - the Academy of Excellence, National Reserve League 2 AND National Reserve League 3.

In my News it said they won the 'Quadruple' - EPL, NRL2, NRL3 and League Cup.

And for some reason these latter two leagues are shown in the Senior Squad's fixtures. I think it's affected their PL games as well, with many being postponed as a result of these NRL fixtures.

Angelo Henriquez ended the year with the World Golden Boot after scoring 50 goals in 61 games - 50 of those games were in the NRL2 and NRL3.

The deeper I get into the game, the more corrupted everything gets.

Are you using any other databases in conjunction with this one?

That's a pretty serious bug and adds to my suspicion that the editor is utterly broken in FM13 where secondary leagues are concerned. Its probably too late to submit it to SI for a fix too since bugs I told them about in November still remain unfixed, and they'll be shifting emphasis to '14 soon anyway.

I still have faith this idea will work and will produce positive results. Unfortunately the tools SI have provided us with just don't work as they should so until we get an editor that has resolved these issues its pointless wasting any more time on it. :thdn:

• The B-team appearances bug.
  • Regional boundaries bug.
  • Secondary League issues with squad and team registration.
  • Feeder teams unwilling to supply players to parent clubs that reside on the same league structure/file.
  • Teams not generating real players under certain conditions (the Europa League issue was a prime example of how nonsensical this bug was).

Those will need to be resolved if this project is to be revived for FM14.

please link for other reserve leagues??

v1.08 Spain with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 Italy with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 Germany with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 France with Academy Leagues.dbc

Ok there's some bizarre bug in 5th season.

Man United's reserves are playing in three competitions - the Academy of Excellence, National Reserve League 2 AND National Reserve League 3.

In my News it said they won the 'Quadruple' - EPL, NRL2, NRL3 and League Cup.

And for some reason these latter two leagues are shown in the Senior Squad's fixtures. I think it's affected their PL games as well, with many being postponed as a result of these NRL fixtures.

Angelo Henriquez ended the year with the World Golden Boot after scoring 50 goals in 61 games - 50 of those games were in the NRL2 and NRL3.

The deeper I get into the game, the more corrupted everything gets.

yeah- I had a similar problem and I had to bin the save. See earlier in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't find the download link for the reserve leagues.

There's a few unresolved issues with the current version so I'm waiting for patch 13.3 and the patched editor to see if the issues can be resolved. If the new patch has fixed some of the things listed in post #354 a new file will be released once its ready.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing there wasn't much from the 13.3 update to kick start this project again?

The problem with feeder teams is still evident as far as I can tell. And since a big part of this project involved the movement of younger players from school academies into professional clubs' youth teams, the project is going on hold until FM14 as I think SI have finished with patching '13 now.

I was also unable to track down why the problem Seftinho mentioned in post #352 occurs as I've never experienced it on any of my saves. Again it'll be something I'll look into in more depth for FM14. It could be an unknown bug with secondary leagues and reserve teams SI aren't aware of as something like this project hasn't been tried before as far as I know.

Yeah, sorry guys. This project was new territory for me - using ideas and features in the editor I'd not used before, and if I'd known some of the features in the editor didn't work as well as they should (the feeder team issue being one) or that bugs existed with reserve teams playing in secondary leagues, I wouldn't have attempted something as ambitious as this with hindsight.

For FM14 I'll have another crack at it but it'll be on a smaller scale - probably an expansion to the youth league system instead of using secondary & academy leagues.

The school leagues is the one I really want to get off the ground though as its an interesting addition - seeing players progress from their school team at 15 y/o to a regional school representative team at 16 and eventually being spotted by a pro clubs youth academy if they make the grade. This will only work if the feeder team issues are fixed in FM14. Lets hope so!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived