Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Erimus1876

FM13 AI Player Development Project

On my simmed saves all the academy teams are using their first teams players just like it's a premier league game, having them play around 58 games in a season!

I thought the academy one is supposed to be for fringe players, maybe the AI can't recognise this? Also if i manage a team on this, would I be required to play the academy fixtures too?

cheers.

On my simmed saves all the academy teams are using their first teams players just like it's a premier league game, having them play around 58 games in a season!

I thought the academy one is supposed to be for fringe players, maybe the AI can't recognise this? Also if i manage a team on this, would I be required to play the academy fixtures too?

cheers.

What reserve/academy league are you seeing players play that many games in? Is it the top school of excellence league, or is it happening in the lower level reserve leagues too? Can't say I've seen players reach that many appearance on any of my saves.

If its only happening at the top it could be a case of lowering the academy league reputations a little so the AI don't recognise them as being too important to field strong teams in.

The academy fixtures aren't optional, you would need to play them although you can hire a reserve team manager to run the academy team if you don't want to.

What reserve/academy league are you seeing players play that many games in? Is it the top school of excellence league, or is it happening in the lower level reserve leagues too? Can't say I've seen players reach that many appearance on any of my saves.

If its only happening at the top it could be a case of lowering the academy league reputations a little so the AI don't recognise them as being too important to field strong teams in.

The academy fixtures aren't optional, you would need to play them although you can hire a reserve team manager to run the academy team if you don't want to.

thanks. It's happening in only the academy of excellence which has a league rep of only 1 and a half star.

There are players in premiership teams on my game that have played over 50 matches, but they are premiership league games, fa cup games, and european games. No players with that amount of games have made appearances in the academy leagues.

If you click on a players stats/overview it'll give you a break down of what competitions he's played in and how many games he played in those competitions.

The academy school of excellence has a reputation on par with the Blue Square Premier League so the AI is only selecting fringe players and U18's to play in it and sometimes 1st team players that lack match fitness.

I had a look, some key players seem to be playing 15 plus games in the academy league, on top, whereas as others very few; it's like a mixed bag in 2026.

There are players in premiership teams on my game that have played over 50 matches, but they are premiership league games, fa cup games, and european games. No players with that amount of games have made appearances in the academy leagues.

If you click on a players stats/overview it'll give you a break down of what competitions he's played in and how many games he played in those competitions.

The academy school of excellence has a reputation on par with the Blue Square Premier League so the AI is only selecting fringe players and U18's to play in it and sometimes 1st team players that lack match fitness.

I had a look, some key players seem to be playing 15 plus games in the academy league, on top, whereas as others very few; it's like a mixed bag in 2026.

2026 is a long way off from where I'm currently at in my save so its something I'll look out for when I get further into my game. If its a widespread issue and not just a handful of players, a way around this would be to switch academy matches to Saturday evening kick-offs so any player picked for their 1st team earlier that day will be ineligible to play in the academy league evening match.

I can't find the file for the School leagues in the 2nd post as stated? Any help?

Edit: Just seen that it didn't work. Shame.

try clearing the playoff and adding it again - I thought it hadnt fixed it until I did that and now my T&T regional Leagues work

Maybe my English is not good enough, but where can I find the School Leagues?

Many thanks.

Post #196.

Basically it didn't work very well so I've withdrawn it until a few editor issues have been resolved by SI. Not sure if we'll see it again before FM14.

The school league is the one that was on Lichtenstein, which is no longer available.

The academy league files are the main ones to have and they work fine, they can be downloaded from the link in post #1 :)

Ok thank you.

So we have to wait for the school leagues ?

Unfortunately yes. There are a few bugs with it that I can't fix, so I'll probably try making it again for FM14.

Time to add the second layer of the Professional Development League then. The Under 19s league! >:)

I'm about to start my 2nd season so will look out for this. What division where you managing in when it happened?

Hmmm, my reply to this a week ago didn't go through moderation.

Anyway, I have been managing as Man United and Sevilla, with 10 leagues active in total (including all the new database nations). Besides the errors on loading, everything seemed to work ok until the 3rd season. But now both United and Chelsea 1st teams have been entered into the National Reserve League Division 3 (group A for Chelsea; group B for United) as well as the Premier League. This is the first new season since Steam updated to 13.2.2 so I have no idea if that's the issue, or if I clicked the wrong button when asked if you want your u18s to enter a league etc? But if that's where it's gone wrong, then why would AI Chelsea have made the same screw-up? United and Chelsea were the Champions League finalists the previous season so perhaps it has something to do with dates? In any case, it looks like this save is buggered.

Oh- and the reserve leagues (not the School of Excellence etc) only came into existence this season. I only selected down as far as Blue Square Bet N/S.

Hmmm, my reply to this a week ago didn't go through moderation.

Anyway, I have been managing as Man United and Sevilla, with 10 leagues active in total (including all the new database nations). Besides the errors on loading, everything seemed to work ok until the 3rd season. But now both United and Chelsea 1st teams have been entered into the National Reserve League Division 3 (group A for Chelsea; group B for United) as well as the Premier League. This is the first new season since Steam updated to 13.2.2 so I have no idea if that's the issue, or if I clicked the wrong button when asked if you want your u18s to enter a league etc? But if that's where it's gone wrong, then why would AI Chelsea have made the same screw-up? United and Chelsea were the Champions League finalists the previous season so perhaps it has something to do with dates? In any case, it looks like this save is buggered.

Those are weird issues. I've not had any of them myself, and so far no one else has mentioned them so I'm wondering if your database files have somehow become corrupted? It sounds like the issues could stem from the initial errors on loading each database you encontered.

Are you using any other databases with these academy league files as that can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Other than that all I can suggest is downloading the files again and try a fresh restart.

What are the bugs for school leagues ?

The europa league stopped working after the first season, but adding a Lichtenstein cup fixed that issue. Unfortunately the cup has caused school teams to stop generating players.

The other issue was with the individual school teams not providing players for their parent school academy teams. That bug is an old one from fm10 and it looks like its still around in fm13.

The europa league stopped working after the first season, but adding a Lichtenstein cup fixed that issue. Unfortunately the cup has caused school teams to stop generating players.

The other issue was with the individual school teams not providing players for their parent school academy teams. That bug is an old one from fm10 and it looks like its still around in fm13.

if you added an additional cup for them to they start generating players again? even if you just make one like teh fa trophy or JPT where tehy can't get into europe.

Maybe you could create a brand new (and fictionally) nation. I have no idea however what happens if you do that. New players will be created? The teams of that nation will take part to various international cups?

Maybe you could create a brand new (and fictionally) nation. I have no idea however what happens if you do that. New players will be created? The teams of that nation will take part to various international cups?

Or it could be based in a North American country with no continental qualifications whatsoever.

Creating a fictional nation isn't really an option because FM will automatically create an international team for that nation and enter it in the world cup. I originally used one of the extinct nations, USSR, and renamed it School Teams, but then noticed an international team called "School Teams" was playing in the WC Qualifiers.

If there was an option to disable international fixtures, that is what I would have done.

Using a North American nation that doesn't play in any major international tournaments may work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to try?

Again, Willdev - Cuba and Puerto Rico (well maybe not the latter if it wishes to be a USA State...) are nations within the game and have been entered into the qualification phase for the world cup. The problem is that even with creating nations, adding a national rule set for Schoolboys cannot be done without interfering with international/continental club competitions.

Cuba isn't so bad I don't think. Its not going to interfere with any European competitions so we won't have an issue with the Europa League. As for international competitions I think Cuba will still be entered into the WC and will use Cuban players.

Having a native league or cup causes the school teams to stop generating players like what happened with the Lichtenstein cup so as Cuba doesn't have a national league in FM that shouldn't cause problems either.

My only concern is the continental distance between N. America and UK & Ireland (where the school teams are based) - it could effect financial costs if FM looks at continental settings over region when calculating scouting costs.

I'll run a few seasons with them on the Cuba file and see what happens.

Update - seems it stops the League Cup from working after about 6 seasons. I guess this is on hold now until FM14 :thdn:

My apologies if this has already been covered - but is it impossible to create a Manageable non-promotion School/College league in the English league system? I'm thinking of perhaps trying to add a District Schools league similar to the one originally created in Liechenstein.

Thanks guys.

Hiya stupid question here i downloaded the files then when i started a new game made all the boxes were ticked in editor data but im still getting the old reserves leagues.Is there something ive missed which is why it wont work?

My apologies if this has already been covered - but is it impossible to create a Manageable non-promotion School/College league in the English league system? I'm thinking of perhaps trying to add a District Schools league similar to the one originally created in Liechenstein.

Thanks guys.

No its not impossible. You can just tag them on the end of your English league structure and set it so there is no promotion to the main league.

I only made my school leagues a separate file because I already had 9 active levels in my English league system + all their academy teams. That's a lot of processing taken up and slower pcs could struggle with it, so I made the school files an optional extra by keeping them separate.

But ideally having them included with the main league system would work just as well and its something I'll have a look at for FM14.

Hiya stupid question here i downloaded the files then when i started a new game made all the boxes were ticked in editor data but im still getting the old reserves leagues.Is there something ive missed which is why it wont work?

Where they also ticked on the 'choose nations screen' too? The files need ticking on both the editor data files screen and the choose nations file screen.

That's Great Erimus thank you. Were you thinking of adding a Cup tournament for your School Leagues system? That was the main thing that I wanted to add to your original one based in Liechenstein. Then if it's alright by you and if it works well I'd like to release it. I'm hopefully looking at some sort of Champions League format but for the Schools, where all teams are in Groups and progress through to knockout stages.

Thanks a lot for your hard work anyway, its making hte game a lot more interesting for me! :)

That's Great Erimus thank you. Were you thinking of adding a Cup tournament for your School Leagues system? That was the main thing that I wanted to add to your original one based in Liechenstein. Then if it's alright by you and if it works well I'd like to release it. I'm hopefully looking at some sort of Champions League format but for the Schools, where all teams are in Groups and progress through to knockout stages.

Thanks a lot for your hard work anyway, its making hte game a lot more interesting for me! :)

Adding cup competitions should be fine, but if your goal is to help these young academy kids develop better than they currently do remember not to make them play too many fixtures - it could have a detrimental effect.

I've had a lot of issues with the school teams not generating players, and problems with the Lichtenstein file effecting the Europa League so be prepared for a lot of trial and error if you rebuild the leagues and add your own cups to it.

If you get it working please do share it with everyone :)

I will do for sure. I first thought about adding a potential playoff championship for the teams that win their Regional School Leagues - my school's football team actually went to Wembley when I was studying there, so I'd like to see something like that in the game.

How many school teams are there altogether and how many leagues are there?

There's 128 school teams playing in 16 different regional leagues. Above that are the regional school academy teams - there's 36 of those in 6 leagues. Each academy team has an U19 school association team that play in their own leagues.

The idea was for the school teams to feed players to the academy teams and the academy teams to feed players to professional clubs throughout the UK. But a bug is stopping school teams from sending players to their parent academy teams.

That sounds great. I will try to make the school teams playable I think and perhaps bypass the bug about passing the players to their parent academy teams. Either way I'll keep you updated and see what comes of it (if anything!).

Just as a thought, it may work for me where the Schools work like in the MLS Draft system, where players are generated and then the Academy teams can 'fight' over the contracts of the youngsters - or they can take the jump to a professional team - will see how it plays out.

The Cuba file caused a problem with the English League Cup in season 2018 so I've removed the database. This add-on is now on hold until FM14.

Where they also ticked on the 'choose nations screen' too? The files need ticking on both the editor data files screen and the choose nations file screen.

Yeah i have them all as playable leagues as standard

Couldn't you set the school teams as B Club affiliates with their respective county league (similar to a Spanish "B" team?)

Couldn't you set the school teams as B Club affiliates with their respective county league (similar to a Spanish "B" team?)

I tried all the affiliate settings, and even reputation settings. Setting them as B Club affiliates caused the school teams to stop generating real players, they were all virtual players. Setting them as feeder teams, sub teams, or normal affiliates still didn't work - schoolboys would just stay in their school team until they left the game, none of them would move to an academy team. I think the issue is to do with having parent/feeder affiliates on the same league structure. It seems bugged in fm13.

Yeah i have them all as playable leagues as standard

Are there no academy leagues at all on your game, or are there academy leagues as well as the normal reserve leagues?

What other countries in the game are editable in the same way as Cuba? I might try moving the School teams to a different country in game to see if that works?

You can edit any country. Don't change the nations name or its details though as FM automatically enters the nation you use into international competitions like the world cup. You don't want a nation/file called "school leagues" for example because you'll have a nation called school league playing in the WC! :D

The only thing you will need to change on a nation file is its region. That needs to be set to UK & Ireland otherwise UK clubs won't scout the school teams.

Thanks mate.

As things stand, I've made the School Leagues playable once again, and made it 3 rounds so each team plays 21 games, as at the time I just fancied having more games for my team (although further down I'll explain why I'm stuck between keeping it at 21 games or reverting to your original 14 games).

I've also added the English Schools Cup, which starts with 16 Groups of 8 - this will help anybody playing be able to play against some different teams each season rather than the same 7. You play each team in your group once, with the Top 2 teams from each group moving into the 1st Round.

Once it gets to the Quarter Finals, ties become Two Legged affairs, as they are in the Semis, before the final is played at Wembley!

I've also tentatively added a playoff system so that all league winners move into a 16 Team Cup to become the best School team in the game.

This means, if I keep everything as above, that each team will play a minimum of 28 games, and should a team get to the final of both competitions, then a maximum of 38 games.

Like I said, I'm toying with the idea of reverting back to the original 14 game season, to make it a guaranteed 21 games and a maximum of 31. There's plenty of options though so I'd like people's opinions if that is ok...

Option 1

Stick with the season described as above - Min 28 Max 38

Option 2

Revert to a 14 game league season - Min 21 Max 31

Option 3

Make the league playoffs two leg matches up until the final - Min 21 Max 37

Feel free to suggest other alternatives too guys! I'm testing out Option 1 now.

I would go for option 2. I think 21 / 22 games a season is enough for a 16 or 17 year old.

Have you got the school teams generating real players and are the higher academy teams taking any of these schoolkids at all? That's what I couldn't get working on mine.

Just managed to get to March in the first season on the sim. Option 2 looks like the best so far. Have just looked at the potential fixtures for May and they look pretty daunting even for a professional team!

Cup Final 4th May

Then playoffs on 8, 11, 15 and Final on 18th. Would definitely be good to shorten it a little bit.

I think I read something you mentioned on a previous post about the teams generating players from the start - that hasn't happened in mine but I did make slight adjustments to the Season dates. I'm about to get to the Season end date so will see if the teams do actually produce players or not.