FM13 AI Player Development Project

Erimus1876

ah thanks, what i meant was, can the lichstein league be selected at the beginning of the game? it seems i have to wait a year before the leagues are selectable..cheers

The leagues should be available from the very start of season 2012/13 if you have the v1.20 School Academy Leagues.dbc ticked and the Lichtenstein nation ticked and set as playable when setting up your game. The teams will be made up of virtual players until March of 2013 though. You can still manage them or view their matches from July 2012 if that's what you mean?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a bad team I want - I think Darlington are too good - I developed another good 4-4-2 that works with this patch and don't want to be promoted until the 3rd or 4th season hence wanting a bad team

Oxhey are perfect and are pretty local too :)

Any plans on going down to level 10 eventually?

I doubt I'll be doing level 10. My computer struggles with level 9 as it is :D

The leagues should be available from the very start of season 2012/13 if you have the v1.20 School Academy Leagues.dbc ticked and the Lichtenstein nation ticked and set as playable when setting up your game. The teams will be made up of virtual players until March of 2013 though. You can still manage them or view their matches from July 2012 if that's what you mean?

Yeah, thats it, thanks mate!

I'm about to start my 2nd season so will look out for this. What division where you managing in when it happened?

I've got ten leagues active (including all the new database ones) and I'm managing in the Premier League and La Liga. I've only got the original files loaded, not the schoolboys thingymajig. This only started before the start of the 2nd season, and the error pops up about 5 times (once for each new database file?) as the game is loading.

If you're swapping them the reserve team should swap automatically too and go into the reserve league of the swapped team.

Edit: Actually thinking about it if you're creating a brand new club then you'll have to add a reserve team to it on the main team panel, then assign that reserve team to the league of the reserve team you're replacing.

First of all I am a novice with editor

This looked great for a new game I am setting but went the way of creating a new team and then swapping with BARNSLEY of npower championship. Got no reserve fixtures initially without a reserve team so added one but did not know what competition to attach so left blank. Still no fixtures

Tried making BARNSLEY extinct but go an error on game setup and England eas not selectable so went back and undid my changes but no luck. Had to restore my edited data from backup

Any help would be appreciated in setting up a new team and then having the reserves play in your reserves league.

Specific's my new team is ANAHEIM and intent to play in Npower Championship swapped with Barnsley

Thanks

First of all I am a novice with editor

This looked great for a new game I am setting but went the way of creating a new team and then swapping with BARNSLEY of npower championship. Got no reserve fixtures initially without a reserve team so added one but did not know what competition to attach so left blank. Still no fixtures

Tried making BARNSLEY extinct but go an error on game setup and England eas not selectable so went back and undid my changes but no luck. Had to restore my edited data from backup

Any help would be appreciated in setting up a new team and then having the reserves play in your reserves league.

Specific's my new team is ANAHEIM and intent to play in Npower Championship swapped with Barnsley

Thanks

I think this is the way it should work...

Create your team and on the team page add a reserve team.

Swap your main team with Barnsley.

Go into competitions and search for "National Reserve League Division One" - that's the one Barnsley's reserves start off in. click on Teams, and remove Barnsley's reserves then "add" your reserve team.

Remember to set co-ordinates for your teams town/city, and your stadium.

Mental - just MENTAL!!

Doing the scout thing with Oxhey :mad:

The only thing I can think of now is the separate player dbc files - will try without

If it is then the SI have seriously screwed up the editor this year

Really wish I could help you with this but I have no idea why it happens.

Last season my scouting bill for two scouts was £521. So its not happening in my games.

This is great - but the annoying aspect for me is the Team's Names. I don't like the full names of teams in FM. Ie. I prefer Man Utd (default) over the Manchester United which has been set in these dbs. Anyway way around this?

Its the opposite for me, I dislike the abbreviated names SI use so adding full names is usually the very first thing I do when making a new database file. I don't think there is a quick fix unless you try a .lnc file. I know .lnc files can be used to change competition names and teams names without having to use the editor, but I have no experience with making them so I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Which .dbc files was it? The ones you made?

Glad to hear you've got to the bottom of it :)

Yup - the ones I made for extra players (170 hours wasted :( )

Gone back to playing the DB with my team replacing Holmer Green - did get a scouting coat hit of 3k in September but my scout was scouting for new talent in Ireland so am happy with that - and he only came back with 138 players from Ireland instead of 4000 from my nation

Loaded up the schools DB and made Lichtenstein playable so hopefully the schools system will produce a lot more youth players in the game so I don't have to rely on creating extra players in future :thup:

I really do think that they have changed the way the game picks up things from the editor - stuff that worked perfectly in FM 12 now causes major problems like this and also not randomising attributes correctly

I want my PC NOW!! :D

I think this is the way it should work...

Create your team and on the team page add a reserve team.

Swap your main team with Barnsley.

Go into competitions and search for "National Reserve League Division One" - that's the one Barnsley's reserves start off in. click on Teams, and remove Barnsley's reserves then "add" your reserve team.

Remember to set co-ordinates for your teams town/city, and your stadium.

Thanks for input but must be doing something wrong

I cannot seem to find the reserve leagues in competitions and the names you mention. I did find them after I loaded your english edited data but not sure if I should be doing that.

I am loading the database and then my ANAHEIM editor data and then start tweaking. I am not missing something am i? There isn't a prompt for the database to load so assuming picking up the correct one?

Maybe I will go back and actually edit the BARNSLEY data and add my changes to it rather than creating a new club

As a mentioned I am an editor novice so maybe I go back and research more.

Thanks again

Maybe I will go back and actually edit the BARNSLEY data and add my changes to it rather than creating a new club

I wouldn't do that as all staff which have played/coached/managed for Barnsley will have ANAHEIM in their histories. same goes for favoured clubs settings. It could also affect the record appearances/goals which are taken from players histories if nothing is filled in. To be honest Erimus' instructions look pretty spot on, give those another go! :thup: It is a nightmare trying to set up a new to the db team into a editor data league rules file, you have my sympathy!

I wouldn't do that as all staff which have played/coached/managed for Barnsley will have ANAHEIM in their histories. same goes for favoured clubs settings. It could also affect the record appearances/goals which are taken from players histories if nothing is filled in. To be honest Erimus' instructions look pretty spot on, give those another go! :thup: It is a nightmare trying to set up a new to the db team into a editor data league rules file, you have my sympathy!

Figured it out

I needed to merge my Anaheim edited data into Development Project edited data and then make the changes indicated

Thanks all

OOOOh ok i see thank you Erimus for the explanation. I'm starting my first season. Can i ask some advice about it. I mean i have to do some things special to my reserve team or my manager will run it? i'm managing Villa. And what about school academy. I get all grey players. It's ok at the start right?

Marco

OOOOh ok i see thank you Erimus for the explanation. I'm starting my first season. Can i ask some advice about it. I mean i have to do some things special to my reserve team or my manager will run it? i'm managing Villa. And what about school academy. I get all grey players. It's ok at the start right?

Marco

Not sure why you're getting grey players in your academy team. Ramie has mentioned that issue too with Arsenal, but when I started a game with Arsenal all my academy players were real players.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

You can let your reserve team manager run your academy team but I prefer managing it myself as I can pick exactly the players I want for each match and give those lacking fitness and match experience the games they need.

As for the GB / Lichtenstein thing, you can't switch the teams over to GB - you would have to totally rebuild the leagues to do that. One of the issues that made me switch it to Lichtenstein was seeing Great Britain getting drawn in England's WC group - so effectively it was England's U23's vs England's seniors. If team GB didn't get entered into international competitions I would have created the school system on that file.

no sorry Erimus ... i mean i get grey player in the school football etc (to be clear ... the teams in liechetenstein

Ah right. Yes all the players in the school academy teams will be grey players until around March 2013 then real players start appearing in those teams. The teams in the School County Leagues will always be grey players as I couldn't get that bit working as intended.

But the school academy system will take about 1 season to begin working properly. Once the real players start appearing the academy teams will start to provide youth players for their parent professional clubs.

Give it about a season and you'll see it come to life :)

Season 1 update - did have a total figure of £24.5k scouting costs but they were spread out and no more than 3k per month and not the 16-33k hits I was getting before

Made a profit of 5k despite getting knocked out in the 2nd round of FA Vase and having an average gate of less than 100

Got schools leagues loaded and playing the teams in a pre-season tournament and by season 2 there a re plenty of players populating theses teams - obviously you can't scout the teams as they are in Lichtenstein and you only have a scouting range of England in the lower leagues

Happy with the financial gameplay now and can carry on with the save :)

Season 1 update - did have a total figure of £24.5k scouting costs but they were spread out and no more than 3k per month and not the 16-33k hits I was getting before

Made a profit of 5k despite getting knocked out in the 2nd round of FA Vase and having an average gate of less than 100

Got schools leagues loaded and playing the teams in a pre-season tournament and by season 2 there a re plenty of players populating theses teams - obviously you can't scout the teams as they are in Lichtenstein and you only have a scouting range of England in the lower leagues

Happy with the financial gameplay now and can carry on with the save :)

I'm into my third season now. I finished 18th & 19th in the Northern League Division 1, which is unusual since I often find level 9 easy to get out of just by buying fast and physical players since skill & technique doesn't usually matter too much down at that level. :D

One thing I've noticed though is I signed 3 players from the Durham & District Academy team (naughty I know since those teams are really there to help AI teams, not my own!), but for some reason those players remained in the school academy team while still being available for me to select for my Durham City squads... weird. Not sure why that happens.

Also noticed in my third season a couple of school academies have turned semi-professional. I'm not sure how this will effect things except they'll probably produce better newgens but professional clubs will no longer be able to get them on free transfers.

Weird stuff - will be interesting to see what they do with the money they get from transfers

The 4-4-2 I was using pre-patch was pretty much useless after it and I was really struggling - now using a flat 4-5-1 but set the player instructions to make them play pretty much as a 4-2-3-1 with 2 midfielders set as DLPs, wingers set to attack and central midfielder set as an AP - finished 5th first season and currently 2nd in the second season - not got too many good players either - 3 with 5 stars for current ability and the rest with 1 or half

Just spotted a game breaker for me. The europa league from season 2013 has stopped working.

This issue was around last year on other custom databases and its yet another issue SI never fixed.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339835-Europa-League-fixtures?highlight=europa+fixtures

I think its because of the school league database so I'm running a holiday test with it disabled to see in the europa league works with the main academy leagues database (it was fine in previous tests so fingers crossed it'll be ok).

Oh. Just holiday'd myself to see if it happens on my save.

Also one noticeable problem with the reserve leagues is that installments based on a player making so many appearances now include the reserve matches. I just had to fork out £250k on a guy that is nowhere near my first squad as he played 25 reserve games.

Not really sure a way round that though. It's only a minor problem in the scheme of things (more so if you're managing a team with financial problems I guess). Just make sure you don't include installments in future transfers.

Oh. Just holiday'd myself to see if it happens on my save.

Also one noticeable problem with the reserve leagues is that installments based on a player making so many appearances now include the reserve matches. I just had to fork out £250k on a guy that is nowhere near my first squad as he played 25 reserve games.

Not really sure a way round that though. It's only a minor problem in the scheme of things (more so if you're managing a team with financial problems I guess). Just make sure you don't include installments in future transfers.

Those reserve games aren't really reserve games, they're 1st team games like normal EPL, Championship, League 1 matches, but just under a different competition name & ruleset. So its a case of bearing that in mind when negotiating contracts. :)

Europa League seems ok without the schools database loaded, as it was in previous long term tests.

The school database has caused a few too many problems and hasn't worked as intended due to the limitations and non-working features in the editor so I'm going to abandon it for now since I can't think of any solutions around the Europa league issue. In hindsight it was a bit overly ambitious. I'll probably take another stab at it for FM14.

The main academy league databases for England, Spain, Italy, Germany, and France are the ones that count anyway as that's where the most significant player development should occur (in theory!), the schools where an interesting extra that just didn't quite work unfortunately.

Back to the drawing board with my Durham City side *sigh*, and just when I'd got them playing well and top of the league! :mad:

I've added a 4-team national cup using inactive Liechtenstein teams from the Swiss lower league. I didn't use bigger teams like FC Vaduz since they already play in the Swiss competitions.

I've holidayed to 2014 and the Europa League works, previously it would only work for the 1st season.

Update:

The added cup has caused the school academy teams to stop generating players.

Really disappointing editor issues and 2 year old bugs with affiliate teams has made this add-on impossible to work as intended. :thdn::thdn:

I would of liked to test the academy files but when I load the game many teams load with the wrong colours. I.E Swansea Black background, white test, Leeds Blue background, white text. Derby Black background, white text and many more teams are like this.

I don't know why the talent pool dries up like that after just one season, it should be the opposite as players get better by playing grass roots level games if anything.

This has been a problem with newgens since at least last year. I created a whole bunch of new teams for an American pyramid and included a lot of youth teams. The first year there would be tons of players that would get snapped up and have very good PA numbers. After that initial crop though it slowed substantially. The USA national team would have a bunch of newgens on it after 5 years but most of them were from that very first group of players that are created at the games start-up. FM has always had issues with situations that it wasn't explicitly designed for.

I had a play with the files.

I added all the reserve leagues to reserves and made the lower reserve leagues form groups (instead of 48 teams trying to play each other twice) this prevented the editor from throwing fixture errors up.

My next error is complaining about "the following competitions cannot have teams linking to the using next division or other division fields" it then goes on to list all the divisions.

I do not know of any way possible to quickly move all teams from the secondary teams tab to the main teams tab. I do not have the time to move them all.

it is just a thought on how this can work as a reserve league. Rather than making your reserve team a secondary first team.

it is just a thought on how this can work as a reserve league. Rather than making your reserve team a secondary first team.

Secondary leagues are competitive competitions, whereas reserve leagues aren't.

So if you're going to put all the academy/reserve teams back into the normal reserve league you're wasting your time with this database because you won't see any significant AI player development.

Having AI clubs reserves playing in competitive secondary leagues is the whole foundation this project is built on as those leagues should carry more weight in player development than the default reserve leagues do.

Ok, the school team add-on is officially a right off. The added cup that fixed the Europa League problem has caused the school academy teams to stop generating players.

Nonsensical issues like that have made this pretty much impossible to work as intended. Hopefully SI will fix affiliate club issues and other 2 year old bugs in time for FM14 so I can have another crack at making this work.

Thankfully the 5 main academy leagues linked in post #1 are fine, its just the added extra school network file that's caused too many issues to waste more time on. Good news is you don't have to start your game again as you can use the add/remove leagues option to remove Lichtenstein (if you want to).

If anyone wants to take the school file and work on it, you're more than welcome!

Would it be possible to have the school leagues at the very bottom of the English national rules? The top school league having 0 promotion spots to prevent school teams trying to get into the football league?

Just a thought. :x

Yes that's possible and was the original way I was going to make it. But it means those with slower computers, like me :), would have to have all 9 levels loaded, plus the school leagues, all the time. We wouldn't be able to remove leagues once we moved up the pyramid since the school leagues would effectively be levels 10, 11, and 12.

Keeping them separate allowed a lot more flexibility for people with slower pc/laptops.

Also I think adding them to the English structure would have seen school teams that turned semi-pro begin 'buying' players from the English teams, so it would have become a bit unrealistic.

To make this school system work properly SI need to add an "Always Amateur" option in the editor so we can prevent AI amateur clubs from turning semi-pro. And more importantly SI need to fix the issues with lower league affiliate teams not supplying players to their parent teams if they're on the same league structure. That bug has been around since FM10.

Archived