FM13 AI Player Development Project

Erimus1876

great work. Do you have the 1.1 version uploaded somewhere for the school leagues? As I'd prefer for the teams to actually generate players from the beginning and not greyed out only.

cheers

I think Erimus said somewhere that the schools teams don't get populated at the start of the game and only through the youth intake for some reason

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great work. Do you have the 1.1 version uploaded somewhere for the school leagues? As I'd prefer for the teams to actually generate players from the beginning and not greyed out only.

cheers

I think Erimus said somewhere that the schools teams don't get populated at the start of the game and only through the youth intake for some reason

The school academy teams will have real players but it takes about a year. Their u19 association teams will also begin filling up with real players too shortly after. The individual school teams won't generate players but their parent school association teams will sometimes send its players to those teams to gain match experience. The whole system will take about a season to begin working, and about 2 or 3 seasons to be in full flow.

One of the reasons is due to the season start dates and player newgen date. With the older file, the players would be created at the beginning but the professional clubs would instantly sign all the quality schoolkids before the school season even started, which defeated the purpose of this database since i wanted the schoolkids to actually play competitive matches for their teams before leaving for the bigger clubs. The older file also had academy teams scheduling unrealistic friendlies against high-rep professional clubs. That shouldn't happen now with v1.2.

Given up wondering why the scout thing is happening and accept it's part of the game

Season 1 update

Finished 6th picking up some decent prize money for league position and also getting to the FA Vase final (lost on pens) of 35k

Scouting cost was 35k which was better than most seasons probably helped by Ronnie Rosenthal finding NO players :D

Profit of £600 :D

Player development: not that great as I couldn't find too many good players who would sign - did seem to get a few good kids in the youth intake

BTW criteria for signing players is 10 in determination, natural fitness and stamina - need players to play a lot of games with a small squad

Youth intake players are signed with 10 in determination and natural fitness

OK what I am going to do is do a full uninstall and then re-install as I have just kept updating from the beta

As no one else is having these problems with the game this is the only option as it must be my settings that are either wrong or corrupted

Key player rating in post match screen showing as their rating followed by 4 zeros - i.e. 7.600000

Game not creating a determination stat of over 10 for created players

Scouting costs

Things randomly resizing themselves in tactics screen

probably a few more

Things I have put up with or had to change the way I play for :mad:

Really want to play with this database but all I'm doing is changing things and re-testing

BTW - not implying there is anything wrong with this database - 99.9% certain the problems are my end :)

I have 2 scouts now and they're costing me £80 per week, which sounds about right for a level 9 semi-pro club.

The issue with key player ratings is a display issue on several custom skins I've used. Can't remember if it occurs on the default SI skin too?

Not sure about the determination stat of over 10 thing. Have you tried doing it on the original SI database?

I'm currently coming to the end of my first season and haven't had any issues. Next season is where the school system comes to life with real players being generated and fed into the main leagues. So that's when it should get interesting to see how it all pans out :)

Can't remember if it occurs on the default SI skin too?

Using the default and it's been displayed like that since the beta

Have you tried doing it on the original SI database?

Same thing happens when I try the default DB with my team added - all extra players are separate dbc files

Game is reinstalling - bloody palava to uninstall with all the registry edits :(

Took an hour to move my editor files and graphics to an external drive - maybe should have moved them to my crap work folder on the same drive instead :D

Hey,

None of my players were registered in the reserve team, I cant even register them. So no players can play.

At first I thought I missed the first registration so I waited till the 01.01.2013 but now that date has arrived it says 'this team is not in any competition that needs squad registration'

Hey,

None of my players were registered in the reserve team, I cant even register them. So no players can play.

At first I thought I missed the first registration so I waited till the 01.01.2013 but now that date has arrived it says 'this team is not in any competition that needs squad registration'

If i understand what you mean, you simply need to right-click on the players, go on squad--->reserves team--->available for reservers team

Not sure why, but game often doesnt set it automatically when a player is signed

If i misunderstood what you mean, sorry. :)

Hey,

Bit more info needed

Which team?

Have you edited the database in any way?

All the AI teams have real players playing in their reserve teams on mine. The AI clubs shift players between their 1st team and reserve team all through the season. You don't register players, it works as sacripante says - just right click the players you want to make available for the reserve teams.

All the AI teams have real players playing in their reserve teams on mine. The AI clubs shift players between their 1st team and reserve team all through the season. You don't register players, it works as sacripante says - just right click the players you want to make available for the reserve teams.

Yeah I did that but didnt work, it was the Spanish file. I loaded up the English file only and it works fine now.

Reinstalling the game didn't fix the key player rating thing - will look for a different skin

I merged all the different databases to see if the determination thing get fixed - NOPE

must be a bug - you can't merge dbc files to the default database either so can't test that - same problem with technique BTW I've discovered :(

Will probably even out when created players are replaced by regens (most of these players will retire if they are not picked up by teams)

running a holiday game to see if the scouting costs thing happens again and will add a few more players later

EDIT - 16k scouting cost hit in August an October - giving up

will have to rely on board to donate a bit of cash if I get in financial trouble

How can this be a bug if it's not happening to anyone else?

Just scouting new talent

don't have schools DB loaded

holiday game gave 16k cost in August, Oct, Nov and Dec - this was playing with default level 6 with my team added in place of Truro and all my separate dbc files loaded so your DB is not to blame :)

did grab a new skin so the cosmetic key player rating thing is gone :D

Just tossing some ideas:

- from FM12 I remember that quality of newgens is determined by the youth-parameters (coaching, scouting and facilities); if there are not enough good regens, maybe you should play around with these

- my save is in late 2014 and all school teams still only have "greyed out"-players, the regional academies are stuffed with newgens; could it be that this is because the school teams don't have a youth team? (maybe add U18 Teams to the schools and add them also to the county leagues, would solve it)

Just tossing some ideas:

- from FM12 I remember that quality of newgens is determined by the youth-parameters (coaching, scouting and facilities); if there are not enough good regens, maybe you should play around with these

- my save is in late 2014 and all school teams still only have "greyed out"-players, the regional academies are stuffed with newgens; could it be that this is because the school teams don't have a youth team? (maybe add U18 Teams to the schools and add them also to the county leagues, would solve it)

The way I had it set up previously was having the school teams as feeder affiliates to the academy teams. This generated real players for the school teams but no players would actually move from those school teams to their parent affiliates. I tried all sorts of reputation settings and affliate settings, but still couldn't get school teams to send players to their parent teams. So the school teams would be full of players that would go nowhere and just fill up the school teams over time.

I've read old posts from FM10 & 11 explaining a similar situation where feeder teams won't feed parent teams. Its seems like its a bug in FM that never got resolved.

So in the v1.2 files I decided to make the school teams B-team affiliates of the parent academy team. This causes the school teams to only be made up of greyed out players, but still allows us to offer contracts to and thus make "real" any player in those school teams if we create a 2nd manager and manage a school team. Also I've noticed the parent academy team will sometimes use these B-team school affliates to send players there to gain match experience in the regional school leagues. So they are still some use. The older files, although created real players, added nothing to the system so that's why I changed it.

I've never tried adding U18 to the individual school teams so its something I may test out to see what happens.

quality of newgens is determined by the youth-parameters

These are all random created players that should in theory have random attributes (set to 0 in the editor) - out of 6500 players only 4 have a determination stat of 11 or more

There is obviously something wrong where the game is not randomising attributes correctly for custom players for determination (and technique) upon initialising a new game

Just scouting new talent

holiday game gave 16k cost in August, Oct, Nov and Dec - this was playing with default level 6 with my team added in place of Truro and all my separate dbc files loaded so your DB is not to blame :)

All I can think of then is its something to do with your created team. I've never had an issue with scouting costs on any of the games and databases I used and I can't re-create the problem on my current game.

These are all random created players that should in theory have random attributes (set to 0 in the editor) - out of 6500 players only 4 have a determination stat of 11 or more

There is obviously something wrong where the game is not randomising attributes correctly for custom players for determination (and technique) upon initialising a new game

I was referring to the yearly youth intakes at clubs, not the initially generated players (you're right about those). I had an FM12 database back in the day with a lot of lower league teams who still had the 'youth'-parameters at their default value (10) and they generated a lot of too-high quality regens given the status of the club.

Just scouting new talent

Have you set the correct co-ordinates for your home town city AND your stadium? Doing it for one and not the other can cause large travel costs - could also be the cause of large scouting costs?

All I can think of then is its something to do with your created team

It must be but I've looked at every setting there is and no luck - been editing the team and creating the players the same way for years but never had any problems until FM13

I'll just have to take the hit if I want to play the game I suppose - I can always offset the cost with the added income feature (like club membership or council grants etc) but of course you don't know how much these monthly charges will be and how often you get them - they have ranged from 12k to 90k+ for a year

Have you set the correct co-ordinates for your home town city AND your stadium? Doing it for one and not the other can cause large travel costs - could also be the cause of large scouting costs?

Lat/Long is identical for city and both stadia - I have my reserves and youth play at a local school to stop my pitch condition getting too bad - also use the school as a training pitch - actually it's the first year I've done this so I'll delete the school and see what happens - shouldn't be the cause but you never know :D

EDIT - running a holiday game and was all looking good until taking a 33k hit in October

I removed the local school as my reserve stadium and training ground but that was not the problem - usual thing - get about 4000 scout reports in one hit and a massive charge

Plus side is getting the reports because you can speed up recruitment - bad thing is the cost - even as an amateur club

Time to accept defeat - it's not happening to anyone else so it's time to actually play the game instead of testing all the time - at least I can get the money back by using FMRTE but would rather I didn't have to

BTW - not one to change the default skin usually but the FMC skin for the proper FM is excellent :thup:

EDIT 2 - 90k total scouting costs before Christmas :(

Just a heads up that I'm getting a ""warning fixture rules does not have valid squad selection value" error on loading since the preseason before season 2. The game seems to load normally otherwise.

I'm about to start my 2nd season so will look out for this. What division where you managing in when it happened?

great idea and amazing work.

Instead of Liechtenstein can i ask you if you think to put them to Grain Britain as Nation?

I originally used Great Britain but what would happen is Great Britain would enter a team in the World Cup and European Championships and because they used England's U23's they usually qualify for finals etc - which wasn't very realistic. Lichtenstein enter a team in those competitions but they usually go out in the qualifying rounds, so its not so bad,

This causes the school teams to only be made up of greyed out players, but still allows us to offer contracts to and thus make "real" any player in those school teams if we create a 2nd manager and manage a school team. Also I've noticed the parent academy team will sometimes use these B-team school affliates to send players there to gain match experience in the regional school leagues. So they are still some use. The older files, although created real players, added nothing to the system so that's why I changed it.

Last year I signed some grey virtual players and I used FM Scout to check out their CA and PA values and they are only 1, I think this is true for all grey players no matter what league you are in so signing the grey players from the school teams may not have any real value for developing new talent.

Last year I signed some grey virtual players and I used FM Scout to check out their CA and PA values and they are only 1, I think this is true for all grey players no matter what league you are in so signing the grey players from the school teams may not have any real value for developing new talent.

I've just signed 3 players from the Durham & District School Academy teams. 2 were real players, 1 was a 'grey' player.

The real players have a starting CA of 23 & 21, and a PA of 67 & 66 which puts them on par with most of my Durham City (level 9) squads average CA & PA, and slightly better than some of them.

The "grey" player does indeed start with 1 CA, but his PA is 57. So the potential for him to become a half-decent Northern League Division One player is there, albeit he's starting at a much lower CA so wether he reaches his full PA or not is another matter. He's only 16 so he has 10 years of development ahead so its possible I suppose :)

Hey Erimus, thanks for this really cool update...Question; Do i have to wait a year before i can use the lichstein based leagues? or can i do it before that?

thanks

I think early March 2013 is when the first real players begin appearing in the School Academy teams. Until then you can still sign "grey" players if you have a 2nd manager and manage one of the school teams, or if the school academy teams is affiliated to your club. But as far as the school system working to help AI clubs, that does take about a year to get underway.

Sorry to be a pain but English Academy School of Excellence still aint working fully. It uses fake players and none of my real players in the team.

I'm not sure why that's happening on yours.

Here's Arsenal's Academy School of Excellence team on mine early in season 2013/14...

arsenalacademy.jpg

Every player in their academy squad is a real player. The ones in purple/blue are real too, except they;re out on loan to other clubs.

May have a solution

I just thought that the actual lat/long is outside the boundaries for the division so will use the co-ordinates of Holmer Green the club I replaced in the division for the city/stadium of my club :thup:

fingers crossed - who needs sleep anyway?

Didn't work either :(

Started a new game and not signing any scouts - will scout using my coaches

I've decided all I can do is not edit anything and play with one of the teams already in the level 9 database

It's obviously a conflict between FM and a newly created team

Not been replicated by anyone else playing this database so I put it down to SI changing something as to how the editor works (obviously the same with the random attributes thing)

Now to choose a rubbish team at level 9 :)

EDIT:

Oxhey Jets have got to be one of the worst playable teams in the game (400 rep :D )- only edit was setting attendance to 0 from 40 and bank balance from 0 to £1

I remember playing against them in the late 70s :D

I'll do a holiday game overnight to test

I was able to use real players before 30.8.12 but from then onwards only fake players were being used. I havent edited the file :s

I started with Arsenal and haven't been able to recreate the issue you're having.

My academy team is full or real players made up of Arsenal fringe players, loanees, and U18's. Terry Burton the academy manager selects a good variety of players for the academy matches. He usually picks the best players from the youth team (U18's) and the rest from whoever I make available to him from my first team. If I sack him and manage the academy team myself, I can obviously pick and choose whoever I want to play in those games as long as it falls within the match rules for the academy league.

The only issue I found was about squad registration. On registration day (Aug 31st) there seems to be a display issue that makes it impossible to see which players have been picked for the premiership 25-man squad. The only way I could get around it was to click "auto select" and "confirm". I'm not sure if its a skin problem, an FM problem, or a database problem.

If it helps, this is how I set my game up.

On the select databases screen I ticked all 6 files:

v1.08 England with Academy Leagues (FM13.2).dbc

v1.08 Spain with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 Italy with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 Germany with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.08 France with Academy Leagues.dbc

v1.20 School Academy Leagues.dbc

On choose nations screen I ticked every other European nation.

I then set as view only every nation except England and Liechtenstein which were both made playable (England down to level 9, Liechtenstein down to the School County Leagues).

I set medium database - giving me 21,000 players at game start.

I ticked 'add players to playable leagues'

This is my usual set up as my PC struggles with too many active leagues so I usually have 99% of them on view only, and only make the top leagues in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, and Portugal playable once I'm in the championship and have disabled England's levels 7, 8, and 9.

I've decided all I can do is not edit anything and play with one of the teams already in the level 9 database

It's obviously a conflict between FM and a newly created team

Not been replicated by anyone else playing this database so I put it down to SI changing something as to how the editor works (obviously the same with the random attributes thing)

Now to choose a rubbish team at level 9 :)

EDIT:

Oxhey Jets have got to be one of the worst playable teams in the game (400 rep :D )- only edit was setting attendance to 0 from 40 and bank balance from 0 to £1

I remember playing against them in the late 70s :D

I'll do a holiday game overnight to test

You should start in the Northern League Division One. Its a very competative 24-team league. Darlington are a good team to start with. Semi-pro status and one of the higher rep level 9 teams :)

I think early March 2013 is when the first real players begin appearing in the School Academy teams. Until then you can still sign "grey" players if you have a 2nd manager and manage one of the school teams, or if the school academy teams is affiliated to your club. But as far as the school system working to help AI clubs, that does take about a year to get underway.

ah thanks, what i meant was, can the lichstein league be selected at the beginning of the game? it seems i have to wait a year before the leagues are selectable..cheers

You should start in the Northern League Division One. Its a very competitive 24-team league. Darlington are a good team to start with. Semi-pro status and one of the higher rep level 9 teams

It's a bad team I want - I think Darlington are too good - I developed another good 4-4-2 that works with this patch and don't want to be promoted until the 3rd or 4th season hence wanting a bad team

Oxhey are perfect and are pretty local too :)

Any plans on going down to level 10 eventually?

Archived