Football Manager 2014 "LIVE" Data Update

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I realized is that people may have done confusion and made the contracts with no salary and until june 2013 instead of 2014, can you fix them all as one?

Another thing is related with the kits, some teams don't have third kit and it appears a default kit, can it be removed please?

I *think* that contracts set to £0 get adjusted in the game automatically, although I'd need someone to verify that's actually the case. They can be altered if needs be. The dates - I'll do a quick scan of the database and change any that were mistakingly set to 2013, they should be at least 2014 if the end date of the contract isn't known.

Kits - not something this project can do I'm afraid.

We've now got well over 2000 changes submitted, which is fantastic!

You can now view individual clubs using our search function at the top left of the site (handy if you want to bookmark and see if changes have been made). You can click the club name when viewing the change list also (the club name with the logo beside it).

Due to issues with the Steam Workshop, I've had to remove the update and re-upload it under the name "Football Manager 2014 Data Update" (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193103217)

If anyone is using the Windows app, could you please re-download it from the website (http://liveupdate.me) - the latest version is v1.4.

You'll also need to delete the "liveupdate.me Data Update.xml" file from your FM2014 folder when you download the latest version of the update from Steam/Windows App/Website to avoid compatibility issues.

I've added Adil Rami's loan to Milan, but wanted to add a ban until 1st january 2014. In the editor, when selecting 0 matches as lenghth, you get the option to specify an end date. On the site, I cant choose 0 matches though and as such not add an end date instead of a fixed number of matches?

System.Net.WebException: Excepção durante um pedido WebClient. ---> System.IO.IOException: Não é possível ler dados a partir da ligação de transporte: A ligação foi fechada.

em System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

em System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsState.RetrieveBytes(Int32& bytesRetrieved)

em System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream, CompletionDelegate completionDelegate, AsyncOperation asyncOp)

em System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

--- Fim do rastreio da pilha de excepção interna ---

em System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

em Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)

em Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

em Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)

em Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName)

em FM2014ImportTool.Index.runImport()

em FM2014ImportTool.Index.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Im having this error in the application :s

How do xml files work in terms of which takes precedent? Say for example I have downloaded a transfer update file from here and from another website, if I put both of those in the editor data file will it just incorporate all the transfers together or will it mess up?

I'm not sure. At a guess perhaps it would go by the date modified? So if two changes were different (same player but going to a different club in different updates) it would go with the file modified last.

Would need someone to confirm that though.

Windows App v1.5.0.0 Released

Latest build of the Windows app has been uploaded.

- New enhanced polling feature which will check for newly approved changes. If none are found, it won't re-download the xml file.

- Balloon notifications will no longer display during timed polling (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours) if there are no new changes to download.

- More informative balloon notifications will tell you how many changes there are in the newly downloaded file compared to the last update.

- Fix for potential WebException error when app attempts to download latest xml from the liveupdate.me server.

As usual, you can get the latest version off the website http://liveupdate.me (best place to go to read the FAQ on what this does by clicking the Windows icon) or using this direct link: http://liveupdate.me/auto-update

I've gone through all the errors that were being flagged up in the editor and fixed them all (editor still shows 77 failed changes, but I can't make it show me what they are!) as well as improved the websites ability to check and ignore superseded items (such as a player being released from a club, but it still attempting to apply a contract for him in the update).

Bans should now work properly, as should national contracts (it's automatically detecting if it's a national or club contract it should be applying for now, which might be a bit buggy, so in the future I might ask if it's a club or national contract you're adding to the site)

Hi Caleyjag,

I'm planning on doing a lot transfer updates for the Iranian leagues, but I have no idea about contract lengths or a wage....is it possible for the game to autocalculate these values?

Also when you ask for current team and future team, do you mean the team he is at in the FM database (current team) and then the team he should be at (future team)?

Hi Caleyjag, I've submitted many changes for the first 8 teams of the Iranian Premier League. Most of the data is about 2-3 years out date, and many players under 22 don't exist, its painful!

You may see some double entries of some players, this is usually if the player is out on loan and his current club was out of the date, so i made one entry to put the player to his current club and then to the club he is on loan to, so when the loan finishes he returns to his correct club. Hope thats OK and makes sense!

Gonna take a break and try and finish the other 8 teams later. Hopefully when the udates are approved the autofill will make life a bit quicker.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Caleyjag,

Just managed to check the latest file. Unfortunately, I don't think the transfer/loan doesn;t seem to be working.... The three players I can find on loan are Milad Mehdavoudi, Farzad Hatami and Abbas Mohammad Rezaei. Milad is correct but the other two aren't. They are at the right loan club, but their parent club is wrong. Can you check I inputted the data correctly? The should both have come from Esteghlal Tehran.

I'm going to carry on with the rest of the IPL clubs tonight.

Cheers

PS I hope that the AI is good at offering new contracts, I think all the ones I left blank expire after a year! Its gonna be a free-for-all otherwise! (Hopefully the new patch can improve this further)

Farzad Hatami is from Saba Battery Qom according to the editor. His transfer from Saba to Esteghlal Tehran isn't on the website.

Abbas Mohammad Rezaei is at Saipa Karaj.

If you add these two transfers, that'll set them to the correct club.

Thanks for keeping an eye on these for me, it's hard to keep track of them all the time once they are approved. I usually spend some time at the weekend looking over any failures flagged up in the editor and fixing them.

Farzad Hatami is from Saba Battery Qom according to the editor. His transfer from Saba to Esteghlal Tehran isn't on the website.

Abbas Mohammad Rezaei is at Saipa Karaj.

If you add these two transfers, that'll set them to the correct club.

Thanks for keeping an eye on these for me, it's hard to keep track of them all the time once they are approved. I usually spend some time at the weekend looking over any failures flagged up in the editor and fixing them.

Yeah I can imagine!! So if I set them to their correct parent clubs will they still be out on loan, or does the most recent change become the latest change (I'm not sure how your database works)

It should do both, so it'll transfer the player AND set them out on loan. There would only be a problem if the player was moved to a club twice (I have a system where any previous moves are flagged up on screen to me when I'm approving).

btw - are you setting the contracts as Nation - Part Time? They should be Club - Part Time.

For contracts that aren't specified I'm just double clicking out of that bit. I've not set any part time contracts.

And with the loan/transfer, whats the best way for me to do it? I'm doing it as two step process:

Correcting their current parent club:

1) I'm currently setting Current club to where they are in the FM database and then transferring them to their current real life club (in the future team box)

Then to put them on loan:

2) I'm then setting their current club to the parent club (as set as the future club above) and then making it a loan move and setting the future club to where they are on loan at the moment.

Hope that makes sense. If I'm not doing it right or thats a longwinded way then please let me know!!

I'm currently working on the ability to create player/non player using the website.

I've decided NOT to have CA/PA as something that can be altered. Instead, everything will be randomly assigned (you're basically just creating a person with name, date of birth, hair colour etc.)

Once approved, you can then move the player to a club, add a contract, change player position etc. exactly like you can do with existing players.

All things going well, this will be available for people to use within the next 24 hours.

Archived