Sports Interactive Community
Caleyjag

Football Manager 2014 "LIVE" Data Update

UnieeQ - Did you place the file in the correct place? This only applies to the full FM2014 game, not FM Classic.

Babak G - Yes, all submissions are manually checked over before being approved.

Yes i have..

EDIT: I downloaded the file before the database was first updated. Downloaded new file. Working now

Can the attributes of players be changed?

Suppose I think one player is underrated stats and also approved?

Although that would be great, attributes are just opinions and could create a lot of difficulty. For example I may think that John Terry deserves an upgrade in pace but you may say he has actually got slower.

Brilliant idea this update by the way :thup:

Although that would be great, attributes are just opinions and could create a lot of difficulty. For example I may think that John Terry deserves an upgrade in pace but you may say he has actually got slower.

Brilliant idea this update by the way :thup:

Of course that is true, however there can still be cases where the majority agree.

someone21 - at the moment, specific attributes can NOT be changed, but positions can be. For example, central defender, striker, etc. can be changed from 1-20. Like attributes, it's a contentious issue as to whether or not they should be altered at all, as it is based on opinion, not solid fact. However, in the future I will be looking at altering attributes as well. With the filter option available on the site you can remove these parts of the update if you don't agree with them.

Windows App News!

I've completed the new Windows app that will allow you to keep your game up to date without the need for visiting the website. It'll sync with my server every 30 minutes (or 1 hour, or 2 hours) and download the latest update and place it in the correct folder, ready for use. Alternatively, if you don't wish to have it auto-download, you can click a button to manually download it.

Once I've run a few more tests I'll give out further details.

Windows App Released

I've finally finished off a little executable file that will run on your PC, automatically updating Football Manager 2014 in the background which means that any time you start a new game you'll always have the most up-to-date data update that we have.

When you run the app, minimise it to your system tray, then right click on the Data Update icon to select an Import interval - either every 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours. You can also set this to Manual and just use the Manual update button on the app itself.

The app will notify you when it has updated FM2014.

For more info, and to get the app (remember, Windows only! And you'll need the .NET framework installed) visit the site http://liveupdate.me

Was about to submit an update for Chalobah's loan move to Nottingham Forest but noticed it has already been done but with the wrong end date. His loan actually expires on the 15/01/2014 rather than the end of December as is in the database :thup:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/09/19/4274899/chelsea-youngster-chalobah-joins-nottingham-forest-on-loan

Confirmed 15th of January on there.

Reading the updated changes list, Andros Townsend's new contract has been incorrectly updated as £60,000 a week - this should actually be £40,000 a week

CHeers cdeacon, I've amended that.

I'll be adding another field in the forms for a link to a website showing proof of what you are submitting. Should make mistakes happen less.

Also, Adil Rami has been moved to a Season Long Loan to AC Milan - but in reality this transfers won't be going through until January. Is this best set up as a future transfer maybe?

That's a good point.

I think the best approach would be to wait until the player actually makes the move.

Great work, I've submitted a few transfers and they've been validated really fast so kudos.

I have some concerns though : will the changes still be included after updates ? If I download a non-official patch to play more leagues, for example.

I think so. I don't know how FM prioritises one file over another though. But if you add leagues I think this update should still work, as they are different files.

I've updated the Windows app so it also allows you to filter what's in your auto-update.

Josh McEachran should be on loan at Watford until Jan 2nd 2014, and Januzaj contract should expire 30/06/18 (not 01/06/18)

I will start to submit the correct way but I haven't amended my preferences to show the player codes in game showing yet!

Is it possible to add a date of birth to Inter Milan scout Pierluigi Casiraghi (not to be mistaken with the younger ex chelsea/lazio forward) id 43002287 to 25-08-41, birth place - Verona, if possible?

Glenn - Not at the moment, no. Although editing/adding people is something I'll be looking into.

Babak - Thanks :)

Ange postecoglou replaces Holger Osieck as Australia manager (confirmed 5 yr deal)

Reports vary. I've seen one say £15k, another says £40k (Express)

The claims of the Express don't sound very reliable to me. A deal involving a £40K a week wage this early in his career, plus guarenteed pay hikes "as his career develops" doesn't sound like something Levy would sanction so readily. I would guess that somewhere around £16K (perhaps after tax?) with the chance for increases is probably closer to the mark

Why has Pepe Reina's loan to Napoli been shortened to January? This is definitely a season long loan deal and don't understand why this was changed?

willz - he retired already in the game so it doesn't need done again as an update.

Wolf - there is an option in Preferences where you can turn on IDs.

Wolf - there is an option in Preferences where you can turn on IDs.

Thanks found it, don't know how i missed it. Added Aljaz Cotman to Maribor however don't know his wage so put 0.

The Josh McEachran loan to Watford doesn't work. Looking at the site, it says the loan is until January 2013 - should be January 2014

Cheers for reporting any mistakes guys. There was a bug during approval where the year seemed to want to reset itself to 2013 when the submissions was approved, I've fixed that now.

Keep the updates coming! We're close to smashing through 300 now.

Maybe the one who makes a change should provide a link where the news is confirmed.Just to make things easier for guys who have to confirm changes.

Great great idea.And i agree that allowing to change PA or CA would make a mess.

Yes bubunabu - Once I've got some more time I'll be adding another input field where people will need to link to an online source confirming the news. Hopefully I'll get time to do that in the next couple of days.

great site, my test transfer was added after a few hours

one thing, is it possible to add promotions to the update? i get fed up of sweden being missed out of the other bigger updates. guessing its because they finish at a different time to the bigger leagues

Wouldn't Sweden start earlier when you start a game? Or do you start in a different league?

i start in sweden but my mangled point is it still gets missed often,last update i used had the wrong teams.the season is almost done now so would be good to do a quick switch

Fenerbahçe

Move Milos Krasic ( 5745043 ) to Sporting Club de Bastia ( 876 ) on loan until 30-06-2014

Already done that one halil85 :)

Remember - you can submit all of this via the website, it doesn't need posted here first :thup:

I know but after last uptade he seems in his old team again.Can you check please

I did, but it did not. Thereof I wrote her :)

Caley - You have not recieved anywhere near enough credit for this. It's such a simple yet brilliant idea. Wp.

It's been a pleasure creating this. I really enjoy creating things for the community, and this is by far the best project I've made. It won't have the level of detail that some updates have (where they add histories, tweak finances etc.) but over time I'm sure I'll add new parts to it to make that happen.

A small change to the site today - you can now remove existing injuries that were wrongly set in the game, as well as set a severity (between 1-20) for new injuries.