*Official* Football Manager 2013 Classic Mode 13.2 Feedback Thread

• Administrators

Just in time for Christmas, we’ve introduced two brand new challenges into Football Manager Classic mode on PC/Mac for you to get stuck into and test your managerial skills. The new challenges can be found in the FMC Store available for purchase (99p each). They are:

Financial Storm

Your club is in financial peril. Can you maintain competitiveness on the pitch whilst reducing the club's debt and wage bill off it?

Unrest at Home

Your appointment as manager has left some senior players unhappy. How will you handle the dressing room and the inevitable egos within? Can you avoid being sacked before the end of the season by matching the board's expectations?

Not played the challenges before? There are five others available to play in the PC/Mac game, they are:

• The Saviour Cometh: Your team are embroiled in a relegation battle halfway through the season. Can you take the reins and guide them to safety?
  • Injury Crisis: Your team is swamped with injury problems, leading to most if your 1st team being on the treatment table. Can you meet the board’s expectations in the league?
  • The Invincibles: You’ve gone on a long run without defeat. Can you cement your place in history by going the full season unbeaten?
  • You can’t win anything with kids: A batch of exceptional youth players has risen through the ranks and joined your first team. Can you claim silverware with a side built around this core of young, homegrown talent?
  • Top Division Underdog: Choose any lower division club and then instantly get promoted to the top division in that nation, how will you fare as massive underdogs? (available in the FMC Store for 99p)

With the release of the latest update for Football Manager 2013 with two new challenges (Financial Storm and Unrest at Home), as always we're interested in hearing all your thoughts in regards to the game, so please keep it all in here.

Here are some other links you may find useful.

13.2 Released - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339000-UPDATE-13.2-RELEASED-for-Football-Manager-2013 (includes latest changelist)

FM13 FAQ - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php

FM13 Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

FM13 "full fat" constructive non-Match Engine Feedback: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/324243-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Constructive-non-ME-Feedback-Thread

FM13 constructive Match Engine Feedback: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339001-Match-Engine-Update-13.2-ME-feedback-here-please.

Also please post this before posting - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/326330-The-current-state-of-the-forums-–-Feedback-Constructive-Criticism-and-Forum-Rules.

Thanks.

Since the patch, training has broken for me on FMC. I go with balanced 'focus' and def. positioning as my 'match preparation' training. But every time i click continue and check it, it changes my match prep. to att. set pieces and unticks 'allow rest after match'. Please fix!

I just noticed the same thing with my training. I think it may also have caused a problem with my squad skin as I listed in another thread. Another change is when I take control the screen no longer goes directly to my home page as was in the original setup, but stays on the "take control" screen.

• Administrators
I just noticed the same thing with my training. I think it may also have caused a problem with my squad skin as I listed in another thread. Another change is when I take control the screen no longer goes directly to my home page as was in the original setup, but stays on the "take control" screen.

Apologies for this, we are looking into this as a priority, it would seem that for now, the Assistant is in control of Match Preparation, but you are still in control of general team training. Again, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, hope this info helps.

I was setting to focus balance and attack set pieces it would auto change after few days to focus balance and defence positioning but when i hire a new assistant manager it stop and stay on to what i set it too.

Over the moon that building a new stadium no longer allows chairman to take loans out but notice it take 2 season insteaded of 1 season to build it. 99p well spent :) only problem that on my mind is ground maintenance cost and attendance to keep it sort example, if average attendance is 20000 despite what league and rep the club is, will the new stadium cause instance 50000 average attendance or will the attendance be building up depending on the club rep, if it depending on club rep with 50000 newly build stadium surely the ground maintenance cost will cause the club to go red or am i wrong?, cause after all one of the biggest income to a club money health is high attendance.

All player's interested wage demand fix, if they really really are interested in signing for a club they would accept £1 wage lol, all kidding aside thank you for fixing it.

Apologies for this, we are looking into this as a priority, it would seem that for now, the Assistant is in control of Match Preparation, but you are still in control of general team training. Again, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, hope this info helps.

Great to see it's being looked into. Don't do this too often, or people might get spoiled and expect it everytime ;)

I knew he (my assistant) was getting too big for his boots ;)

Thanks for prioritising but please fix soon. This is a game-breaking bug and really should have been picked up in testing prior to the release of 13.2 :(

• Administrators

Those of you with the training issue should now have PM's. Please keep any feedback regarding that to the bugs forum/PM to me, thanks.

Same training problem here- glad to see its being looked into. Also, when im selecting my team pre-match, I no longer seem to have the player position and fitness displayed- I can just select one or the other. Im not sure why that is.

However the match engine seems to run pretty well in general.

• Administrators
Same training problem here- glad to see its being looked into. Also, when im selecting my team pre-match, I no longer seem to have the player position and fitness displayed- I can just select one or the other. Im not sure why that is.

However the match engine seems to run pretty well in general.

When will the training bug be fixed Lucas? Very annoying having to change it after every match

We will fix it in an update, but there's no ETA for that yet.

In the meantime please see this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339090

Thanks.

I have started two games to test classic mode: one with Dortmund and one with Barcelona. On both games all my second team players (Dortmund has second team playing German Third Division, Barcelona has second team playing Liga Adelante) are demanding quite big wage for "wage after reaching club career league game" and just "after 10 games". I haven't seen that on "full game" and I have tested both Dortmund and Barcelona on the full game too. On full game, players never asked "wage after reaching club career league game" just "after 10 games". They always start that demand "after 20 games". Also the wage asked is much bigger on classic mode. It's seems some kind of bug to me. I don't know if it has changed after the patch because I'm now playing classic mode for the first time.

When trying to select a team at the beginning of a game it comes up with "(team name) cannot be selected" any reason why?

Can anyone help?

I want to try out the unlockables as well, but the classic mode just won't let me select a team, i did manage to start off as unemployed but that hardly gives me the choice of who i want to start with? I've submitted a ticket as well and had no reply either.

Anyone?

• Administrators
Can anyone help?

I want to try out the unlockables as well, but the classic mode just won't let me select a team, i did manage to start off as unemployed but that hardly gives me the choice of who i want to start with? I've submitted a ticket as well and had no reply either.

Anyone?

On the Team Select screen if you change it to Manage a Club you should be able to select a team. Is this occuring for you in the full FMC mode or Challenges?

On the Team Select screen if you change it to Manage a Club you should be able to select a team. Is this occuring for you in the full FMC mode or Challenges?

Both, i can select manage a club, but when i go through to actually pick a team it comes up with, for example, Rangers cannot be selected at this time. Please select another team.

Happens with every team i select though.

Followed this and it worked. http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=78 (XML parsing errors thing)

I'm now experiencing the error "In order to access the in-game store you must have 'Enable Steam Community In-Game' enabled in the Steam Settings" when i do already... - Fixed that with a shut down and restart.

Now getting error codes when accessing store.

• Administrators
Followed this and it worked. http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=78 (XML parsing errors thing)

I'm now experiencing the error "In order to access the in-game store you must have 'Enable Steam Community In-Game' enabled in the Steam Settings" when i do already... - Fixed that with a shut down and restart.

Now getting error codes when accessing store.

There is a lot of demand at the moment on our servers, and I would suggest trying again later (tomorrow, maybe), to see if the issue is still persisting.

I'm a little concerned about the FMC store never working for me, an 'error 1028' every time which leaves the store blank.

I've searched the forums and found others with this problem, but the thread stops there before there's any help.

SI, can you please assist me with this?

cjmaitland

• Administrators
I'm a little concerned about the FMC store never working for me, an 'error 1028' every time which leaves the store blank.

I've searched the forums and found others with this problem, but the thread stops there before there's any help.

SI, can you please assist me with this?

cjmaitland

I imagine that Lucas' post above still applies. The servers are probably still overloaded. The store won't work for me either. Sadly it is just one of those things.

I'm trying to find out what the current status is, but please let me know if this is still persisting.

Just to update, the FMC store is now giving the error:

"STEAM - Time limit for finalisation has been exceeded

Error 101"

And then the blank store, thanks for checking in to this for us.

------------------------------

Just to add, this is still the case but it's the same consistent error now.

It's taken me until now to settle on which method suits me best but I've committed myself to FMC.

Future recommendation to perhaps increase number of nations - five would be great.

Opposition tactical instructions are an absolute must!!

• Administrators
Success! I reinstalled FM through steam and the store now works, thanks very much to Lucas and the team.

I've found the new patch to work smoothly and the game to be enjoyable on the new patch, great work.

Cheers, apologies to miss your message but there was a bit of downtime I'm afraid but it's all resolved now. Glad you're enjoying Classic Mode :thup:

So, I finally decided to give FMC a try, I was a bit disapointed when i heard about the coded unlockables and not being able to play more than 3 nations, but i still decided to try it out.

And now i find out that apparently you cannot use custom databases in FMC.

Why SI, why!?

Not only you kind of sell-out with these stupid unlockables being able to be bought although the game is expensive as it is (provided that every iteration is an upgrade, not a fully changed product), not only do you NOT give us the option to play without the silly unlockables (where did you get the idea from anyways? FIFA Manager?), not only did you limit the FMC to 3 nations for no apparent reason, now you threw away the best side of the series from FMC, the modding.

I really hope you make ammends in the next iteration of the game, big ammends.

I wanna know this aswell, the bug is still here for me. Everytime I change "Allow rest before/after match", it gets reset.

Alas, hasn't been fixed. Will probably have to wait until the post transfer window patch. Or there might be a patch before that time. Given the state of the ME, we can only hope.

• Administrators
Any news on the match training bug. It wasn't fixed in 13.2.1
Alas, hasn't been fixed. Will probably have to wait until the post transfer window patch. Or there might be a patch before that time. Given the state of the ME, we can only hope.
Really hope its before then

See this thread if you haven't already: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339090-Training-Focus-cannot-change-after-getting-version-13.2

I have been playing FMC since the game came out, and for the first time since CM01-02 (which I have been playing on and off since it was released all those years ago) I am really enjoying the game. Apart from the training, which have already been mentioned here, I have two issues with the update:

- Before the update my Assistant manager gave me a match report, in my news feed, every time the reserves played a game. After the update he doesn't do this anymore, which is a bit annoying.

- The match odds seems very strange after the update. I don't know if this is a known issue, and how detailed feedback you want on here? You can get back here in the thread if you want more info Lucas W, or anybody else from SI.

• Administrators
I have been playing FMC since the game came out, and for the first time since CM01-02 (which I have been playing on and off since it was released all those years ago) I am really enjoying the game. Apart from the training, which have already been mentioned here, I have two issues with the update:

- Before the update my Assistant manager gave me a match report, in my news feed, every time the reserves played a game. After the update he doesn't do this anymore, which is a bit annoying.

- The match odds seems very strange after the update. I don't know if this is a known issue, and how detailed feedback you want on here? You can get back here in the thread if you want more info Lucas W, or anybody else from SI.

Not sure what you mean by the second point but can you please post this in FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum please?

• 2 months later...

Classic mode is the reason I bought this game. I stopped buying them when they got too in depth for me. The main Games a fantastic achievement but its not what I'm after in a Computer game. I was disappointed that the editor wasn't enabled for classic mode but happy with the glitch that allowed it to be used. I have had great fun resurrecting the playing careers of past stars. Sadly however it seems this new patch has stopped that happening which means you guys have actually sat down and decided in your wisdom that I can have Bruce Grobbelaar's has he hasn't he just taken a bung goal line antics if I play the serious, realistic big kids game, but I can't have his wobbly legs if I want to play the fun, arcade version of your game..... Can you explain why this is?

• Administrators

Who knows? I can't reveal any future plans for FMC I'm afraid. Do keep the feedback coming though, we are listening and it is much appreciated :)

Currently enjoying FMC very much. I love the full fat game, but just can't offer the time, especially since if there is a setting to play with, I will damn sure play with it. ;)

Started a game with PSG at the behest of a friend who's been sacked a few times already by the club. Form started very shakily but a quick change of tactics has tightened things up, and my players aren't making as many daft mistakes.

I have started a season in Classic mode and have to say I really do enjoy it. I love the full version but was finding it was taking me forever to get through even one month of the season. I am not great with training etc and prefer to concentrate on transfers, setting the team up and watching the matches play out in 3D mode.

For me it is possibly a bit too stripped back as there are a couple of things I miss which maybe could be added as user enabled options.

I do miss the team talks as I think they are part of a real managers remit and they do seem to affect the players, at least a basic full team talk if not the individual ones which were a bit of a bind.

I miss having the confidence feedback from the fans with regards to how they feel about matches and individual transfers general player performance.

The ability to add maybe a few more leagues would also be nice.

Archived